Quick Questions and Answers

Hi

I have a new question

When you build Great Wall, it appears on the map. But what affects the shape on the Great Wall? I realized that it's really wierd, coz it doent cover your whole current empire.

Thx

Hi

I have a new question

When you build Great Wall, it appears on the map. But what affects the shape on the Great Wall? I realized that it's really wierd, coz it doent cover your whole current empire.

Thx
It's random. Every time you load the game even.
Build the Great Wall, look at the shape, save and then load the game again and you'll see that the Great Wall has a different shape. (When your empire is larger than the surrounding wall)
------------------------------------------------

A question from me:
The description for the lighthouse says:
+1 food on sea tiles, +1 food on fish tiles (or sea resources, don't rememeber).
Does this mean: +1 on sea tiles, +2 on fish?
And if not, why the explicit '+1 for fish tiles'?

hi

maybe i got something wrong, but as far as i know the bonus for the japanese is that their units always attack with their full attack strength even if they have less than 10 HP left.
I've noticed though that this seems to be the case for every civilization. if you look at the screenshot you will see my english horsemen attack with 18.8 strength (10 basic strength plus 88%) even though they only have 3 HP left. the same applies to the archers, their strength is 3.6 (4 minus 10%)
This would mean the japanese trait is useless which wouldn't make any sense.
Does anyone know whats wrong here
thanks

Attachments

• 2011-09-04_00001.jpg
    2011-09-04_00001.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 75
5. I have 3 tanks attacking a city state, and it's life bar shows me that after an attack, it's life bar would be depleted. But no matter how many times I attack the city, I can't seem to finish it off. Why is this?

Moderator Action: Merged lilsting10's thread into the 'Quick Questions' thread. That's what it's for, after all! :)

Yippe, now I have to search through 77 pages and counting to find answers to my questions. I understand why you did it, but jeez.

5. I have 3 tanks attacking a city state, and it's life bar shows me that after an attack, it's life bar would be depleted. But no matter how many times I attack the city, I can't seem to finish it off. Why is this?

In the end I threw a rifleman at the city state and it finished it off with no problem? Still have no idea what was the problem with the tanks...

Yeah, there shouldn't be any restriction on tanks taking cities. The only land military units that can't are Helicopter Gunships. :)

Yeah, the move attack planning screen in the bottom left corner would show that once the attack hit, that would finish off the City State's lifebar. And the game would go ahead and consume the move of my Tank when I tried to attack, but a number wouldn't float off the City State to show it had taken any damage... it's happening again, later in the game when I was trying to take America's New York with Artilerties, and I think I ended up throwing another rifleman or a pikeman at it to finally kill it off. Is this some kind of glitch, or is it something to do with that fact I'm playing as Egypt?

^^
Well if your using Arty then it can't take a city and can't remove the last hit point, hence the need for the melee unit. Not sure why your tanks didn't work though.

If I'm building a Wonder and another Civ beat me to it, how do I calculate the amount of Gold I get as a compensation?

hi

maybe i got something wrong, but as far as i know the bonus for the japanese is that their units always attack with their full attack strength even if they have less than 10 HP left.
I've noticed though that this seems to be the case for every civilization. if you look at the screenshot you will see my english horsemen attack with 18.8 strength (10 basic strength plus 88%) even though they only have 3 HP left. the same applies to the archers, their strength is 3.6 (4 minus 10%)
This would mean the japanese trait is useless which wouldn't make any sense.
Does anyone know whats wrong here
thanks

Damaged units deal less damage than undamaged units. Their combat strength is unchanged, which means they will receive the same damage from a given attack whether they are damaged or not. For the Japanese, they deal the full damage to opponents regardless of their health.

If I'm building a Wonder and another Civ beat me to it, how do I calculate the amount of Gold I get as a compensation?

Pretty sure it's the same rate at which hammers are converted running wealth: 25%.

So. Question. I'm 100% new to Civ as of about a week and a half ago, however, it seems to have devoured my life since then. I'll watch vids on youtube which reference an 'ICS' strategy. What is this? Is there a thread that I'm to incompetent to see, or *someplace* that describes it? Thanks a bunch in advance!

EDIT: Also, is there a mod that will allow the cities to display city names in their native alphabet? Like having Kyoto display instead as 京都 or in native Greek Alphabet or Cyrillic for Catherine?

So. Question. I'm 100% new to Civ as of about a week and a half ago, however, it seems to have devoured my life since then. I'll watch vids on youtube which reference an 'ICS' strategy. What is this? Is there a thread that I'm to incompetent to see, or *someplace* that describes it? Thanks a bunch in advance!

Infinite City Spread. I had to google it myself the other day. :)

Social policies are unlocked. You sometimes might want to beeline to an era to get into a higher social policy earlier.

Top Bottom