Quick Questions and Answers

I usually have my non-puppet cities on production focus, as I have to build stuff and a lot in them. Do you do the same? I usually have 3 core cities.

Sent from my ZP951 using Tapatalk

What pantheons do you all prefer to use?

Desert Folklore (given desert)
Sun God (given the wheat, 'nanners and Citrus)
God of the sea (+1 hammer per sea resource given a watery map)
Also I forget the name but +1 faith from copper, iron and salt given those resources.

Those 3 are my favorite provided I have the respective resources.

God King is good for Venice and smaller civs. Gives you a good early bonus.

It's not as good if any pantheon is still available that would give you beefier bonuses. But sometimes you have luxury mismatches (say one gold, one dyes and one salt or something) and aren't near jungle/desert/tundra so there's no way to make your dirt super awesome.

Desert Folklore is the best one because it counts flood plains as "desert". The jungle = +1 culture one is great if you're in the jungle. Tundra one isn't quite so good because tundra without forest is crappy. Even with a river or a lake you're only getting 2-3 food per tile.

God of sea is super crispy awesome on a water map especially if your capital has sea luxes.

For bigger empires happiness for being near a river is probably better.

Most of the pantheons are good in the right circumstances. Even faith healers is super awesome once you have airplanes since they are all based in your city.

I know a lot of people like God-King, but it will only ever affect the capitol, and the bonuses become quite marginal mid-game and later...

I guess it does have the bonus that it will only very rarely help other civs that went piety and got the Religious Tolerance policy...

Crus8r

There is a barb camp on a one tile peninsula. If I occupy the only adjacent land tile, what will happen regarding spawning?

Can land units spawn behind me? Or in the sea if they have embarkation (turn 45, I don't have it, pangaea map)? Will they only spawn boats?

Thanks in advance.

There is a barb camp on a one tile peninsula. If I occupy the only adjacent land tile, what will happen regarding spawning?

Can land units spawn behind me? Or in the sea if they have embarkation (turn 45, I don't have it, pangaea map)? Will they only spawn boats?

Thanks in advance.
Camp will disappear as you would have popped it but barbarian unit will stay and can be killed.

Camp will disappear as you would have popped it but barbarian unit will stay and can be killed.

Thanks, but that's not it. I should have said the camp has a barb in it already. I'm not going to attack the barb in the camp, just fortify next to it in the only land tile adjacent to the camp.

Thanks, but that's not it. I should have said the camp has a barb in it already. I'm not going to attack the barb in the camp, just fortify next to it in the only land tile adjacent to the camp.
Oh I see. Barbs won't spawn behind you. Boats will spawn. I am unsure whether barb land units can overstack in camp but that one unit will probably attack your unit.

Can somebody give me link to "Small Tips and tricks" thread? I tried with those search words but didnt find it.

However this is my trick. You know that if your gpt per turn is more than -5gpt you start to lose units once you run out of gold. However even if you have like -400gpt you want lose any units if you have at least 1gold in bank. This is useful sometimes when you have reached desired tech for domination and you dont need any science anymore. Just pillage one tile every turn and your units are safe.

Edit. Also what is correct thread to request new mods for civ?

For some reason I feel like this won't get answered but I'll try anyway. Can we have private threads on his website? Or are the messages the only private medium we can have? Thanks in advance!

Is there anyway when starting to set up a game you can have it where certain civs are NOT selected?
Like say you want random opponents, but no Sweden?

Social groups are semi-private.

Semi private? What people cane see your post but they can't post unless they are a member?

Social groups can be open to all, or can be invitation only.

What is a social group?

A social group is a group of people usually with a particular interest or something else in common. It provides a way of communicating between members as well as sharing photos or other images.

You can get to the list through 'Group Memberships' section on your public profile.

The Social Groups list page displays all groups that have been created. You can list the groups by the number of members, messages or pictures, the group name, when the group was created or by the date of the most recent message posted. You can use the controls provided to search for a group.

How do I join a group?

To join a group, click the group title then click 'Join Group'. When you have joined a group, its name will be shown in your public profile. You must be a logged-in, registered member to join groups.

Can I create my own social group?

As a registered member, you can create your own social group (providing the administrator allows this). Go to the groups page and click 'Create A New Group'. Complete the title and description for your group then select the type. There are three types of groups:

Public - open to everyone. There is no restriction on who can join or who can post messages to it
Invite Only - require an invitation to be sent to join them. Invitations can only be sent by the group creator or forum moderators and administrators. Invitations are sent by clicking 'Pending & Invited Members' at the bottom of the page for that individual group
Moderated - open to everyone to join but messages need to be moderated before they will appear. They are moderated by the group creator and the site moderators and administrators

Several questions, which I thought might go better here than in a bunch of new threads:

1) This past game I did a caravan to my capital sending food, and it really grew bigger than normal. Is that really the trick, sending a caravan helps that much?
a. Do you send it throughout the game or do you stop at some point?
-I actually needed more hammers in my capital mid game so I changed it from food to production.

2) Do you guys tend to colonize or not?
-Frankly, with the outpost mod, I see little reason to. I find it slows me down unless I am deliberately playing wide.

Top Bottom