Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Is winning a Domination victory difficulty on higher difficulties in Vox Populi? I'm coming from Civ VI where it's easy to win a Domination victory, even on Deity.

Is winning a Domination victory difficulty on higher difficulties in Vox Populi? I'm coming from Civ VI where it's easy to win a Domination victory, even on Deity.
Its still the easiest Victory Condition in VP IMO. Because there are civs/policies built for conquer others and they are really powerful.
Also by conquering you become stronger while your competitors become weaker. So as a warmonger one or two successful or fail wars could decide your game a win or lose. Its snowball effect.

Is it good to sell first luxuries for gold super early in the game even when you don’t have two of them?

Normally you start near a monopoly luxury and a secondary luxury. Do you sell them both? If you sell the secondary one you won’t have it for another 50 turns. If you sell the monopoly one you will have one soon enough. What turn number on average would u say it is good to start keeping luxuries for happiness?

Does anyone know how "Supply", referring to the ingame concept and value in Civ 5 VP, is translated properly in German and Russian in existing common translations?

Edit: looks like it's "Versorgung" for German, but I can't find the Russian equivalent...is it "поставка"?

Last edited:
Normally you start near a monopoly luxury and a secondary luxury. Do you sell them both? If you sell the secondary one you won’t have it for another 50 turns. If you sell the monopoly one you will have one soon enough. What turn number on average would u say it is good to start keeping luxuries for happiness?
It depends how much AI are paying and what the luxuries are. Generally speaking I will happily sell both before turn 50-ish, after that it sometimes becomes worth keeping (even if its an only copy).

WHat is the range of tribute? So Injured units have a reduced strength for tribute? Does killing city state units make tribute easier? Thanks!

WHat is the range of tribute? So Injured units have a reduced strength for tribute? Does killing city state units make tribute easier? Thanks!
Within 6 tiles of the city.
Injured units give less pressure.
Killing city state units does make it easier.

New promotion tree pop-up window - how can I move up/down in that tree ? Mouse wheel is moving me left/rigth. I have unchecked 'small icons' in that tree and now half of tree is not visible on screen + also checkbox for small icon is also outside of screen.

Arrow keys dont work - they move map behind promotion tree. I dont see any shortcut tied with that tree (other than 's').

New promotion tree pop-up window - how can I move up/down in that tree ? Mouse wheel is moving me left/rigth. I have unchecked 'small icons' in that tree and now half of tree is not visible on screen + also checkbox for small icon is also outside of screen.

Arrow keys dont work - they move map behind promotion tree. I dont see any shortcut tied with that tree (other than 's').
Hmm haven't encountered that issue in testing. Can you post a screenshot please and tell me the resolution of your monitor (and the game window if not fullscreen)?

Hmm haven't encountered that issue in testing. Can you post a screenshot please and tell me the resolution of your monitor (and the game window if not fullscreen)?
I have the same issue on a 1280 × 800 resolution (playing full screen)

Thanks for making the promotion trees BTW, its very useful.

I've also managed to have this problem. I'll try to recreate it for a screenshot next time I play.

Doesn't Vassalage include/assume a Defensive Pact between the Master and the Vassal? I am having AI Civs make DoW on my vassals and I am not automatically going to war with the Ai Civ that declared war on my vassal. I know that my vassals do immediately go to war with an AI Civ that declares war on me, the Master, but aren't I obligated to defend my minions, er, vassals?

This is the bug. You cannot declare war to a vassal. It is forbidden and should never happen if there was no bugs.
To declare war to a vassal, you have to declare war to the master instead (and you will be de facto at war with the vassal).

EDIT: so please make a bug report on Github (https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues)

If the player is using any kind of mod that uses lua to generate declarations of war (say, an event mod or something), it can cause this. I'll only investigate this kind of stuff if it's VP only.
G

If the player is using any kind of mod that uses lua to generate declarations of war (say, an event mod or something), it can cause this. I'll only investigate this kind of stuff if it's VP only.
G
By the way, is it complex to put a fail-safe that works like a defensive pact, so that the master enter in war to defend the vassal? Or is it complex for something that should never happen / has to be done by the problematic mod and not by VP?

By the way, is it complex to put a fail-safe that works like a defensive pact, so that the master enter in war to defend the vassal? Or is it complex for something that should never happen / has to be done by the problematic mod and not by VP?

should never happen, there are explicit checks against it within all the channels used by VP - so either it's an edge case I've missed, or it's a mod forcing things where it shouldn't.
G

Top Bottom