Quot Capita

Hi Avain, I would like to report an error. I think it's related with the Diesel Engine technology of your VD-ME mod. The first to discover this tech receives a Maus Panzerwagen and it also enables Cruisers amongst other things. But what happened?

In addition to a Maus beiing spawned in my capital, also a brand new Cruiser spawned in my capital. Would haven nice if my capital city wasn't situated in the middle of a continent with no oceans near. In the future a Cruiser sitting in the city would make a nice monument or tourist attraction for people visiting my capital city :lol:, but I guess the mod has a very little bug... Screenshot attached.

But other than that no big problems found (small icon error: in build screen the icon for a rifleman is the icon of the musketman, playing the persian empire). Good job putting thins comb-pack-mod together and thanx for all the effort you're willing to put in:goodjob:

Attachments

• Cruiser_in_Capital.jpg
    Cruiser_in_Capital.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 193
Hi Avain, I would like to report an error. I think it's related with the Diesel Engine technology of your VD-ME mod. The first to discover this tech receives a Maus Panzerwagen and it also enables Cruisers amongst other things. But what happened?

In addition to a Maus beiing spawned in my capital, also a brand new Cruiser spawned in my capital. Would haven nice if my capital city wasn't situated in the middle of a continent with no oceans near. In the future a Cruiser sitting in the city would make a nice monument or tourist attraction for people visiting my capital city :lol:, but I guess the mod has a very little bug... Screenshot attached.

But other than that no big problems found (small icon error: in build screen the icon for a rifleman is the icon of the musketman, playing the persian empire). Good job putting thins comb-pack-mod together and thanx for all the effort you're willing to put in:goodjob:

:D
It's because of the Prototype tech;)
But I indeed need to add some kind of a check to see if the capital is near water or not...

Hi Avain,
2 units are called "Marine" (the first is the usual one and the second appears in the late modern era). Is this intentional or should the second one be called "Modern infantry"?

Hi Avian,
2 units are called "Marine" (the first is the usual one and the second appears in the late modern era). Is this intentional or should the second one be called "Modern infantry"?

You are correct, it is a bug.

Quick question about rival nation difficulty. So far I have had long wars against both Native Americans and France, and each time I attack a city of theirs, and even in non-city battles, it's like sending meat into a grinder for my troops. I out-tech them, sometimes with Riflemen against swordsmen and archers, and they can kill bunches of my troops before I defeat them. Is this a change of the mod? Thank you again, I'm not complaining, as I love your work, just curious.

Quick question about rival nation difficulty. So far I have had long wars against both Native Americans and France, and each time I attack a city of theirs, and even in non-city battles, it's like sending meat into a grinder for my troops. I out-tech them, sometimes with Riflemen against swordsmen and archers, and they can kill bunches of my troops before I defeat them. Is this a change of the mod? Thank you again, I'm not complaining, as I love your work, just curious.

What do you mean? If rival units get strength or odds bonus or sg? Of course I did not change anything in that department...

Man I haven't spent all my free time on a game like this since SMB3...

The heavy footman build icon shows as the swordsman icon (also in the techtree under civil service) (playings as carthage if it matters). Also there is a unit art error with native american knights (they appear as red circles).

also a DCM issue, ranged bombard seems to miss more often then the accuracy might suggest. at one point I had 10 cannons range bombard and they all missed. the success rate seems to be less than 30% or so.

The mod is not working for me; it installed fine, but when I go to "load a mod" it gets to about halfway initialized, then displays the "send error report" error. I have VD installed separately as well - is this the problem?

The mod is not working for me; it installed fine, but when I go to "load a mod" it gets to about halfway initialized, then displays the "send error report" error. I have VD installed separately as well - is this the problem?

I had the same problem... the only thing that helped was reinstalling the whole game. As avian suggested. it works now for me.

Also, you will not see a massive rework of the earlier eras - I kinda like it's balance and progression and the overall feel - I'm even worried about adding wonders. (but the first wonder I decided to include for sure is Leonardo's Workshop)

I really don't want to see an overall, just a couple missing link units. Like a classical age horseman for example. There was a development of cavalry during the Bronze and Iron ages before the Knight existed. I just think it would be cool to see such a unit in game.

That being said I would like to see a modular religion add-on. With ancient Egyptian, mesoamerican, norse and greco-roman religions added, maybe Zorastrism and ancient Mesopatamian religions as well. This would be like an opitional add-on. Maybe have a religion selector when you start a new game as i said before?

PS: Are the new civilizations you made for VD compatable with this?

I had the same problem... the only thing that helped was reinstalling the whole game. As avian suggested. it works now for me.

lol. everything, every other mod is working. won't reinstall all cause of a single mod. the problem must be something else.

got this error too. even without the VD leaderheads crashing.

lol. everything, every other mod is working. won't reinstall all cause of a single mod. the problem must be something else.

got this error too. even without the VD leaderheads crashing.

All I had on was VD and I was trying to run Quot. But I was originally having problems with VD as well. I thought it was due to the age of my PC or misinstallation of the game. Like I said, it works fine now. I was even able to get other mods to play, although so far, all I care for is QC.

Finally got the mod working! It's great, but I'd like to play it on an earth map with 24 - 35 civs. Can anyone give me tips on how to go about doing this? Or maybe can you update Quot Capita with a map similar to my request? I know a lot of people would be happy!

how do you got it working?
I had to change some of the XML coding (??). To be honest, I'm not technically sure what I did, but it worked for me
:goodjob: You know how the mod has configuration settings in its folders? I went to one of them, and changed Modular Loading to equal 1 (it equaled zero when I first installed it). I have literally zero experience with this kind of stuff, and may have only go it working by luck. Hope this helps lol...

I get this error too:

Cannot even load the mod.

I had to change some of the XML coding (??). To be honest, I'm not technically sure what I did, but it worked for me
:goodjob: You know how the mod has configuration settings in its folders? I went to one of them, and changed Modular Loading to equal 1 (it equaled zero when I first installed it). I have literally zero experience with this kind of stuff, and may have only go it working by luck. Hope this helps lol...

I had the same error as Cybah and this has fixed it. I now get XML errors on the 'Great Bombard' unit, but at least the mod loads.

Hi Avain,

been spending some time now enjoying your wonderful mod, appreciate aboveall its semplicity, fun and reliability...so far.

I am now playing in year 1906 in a very stable game until now, as I end the turn the game just waits for other civs and never comes back.
tried to reload and happened again.
Tried toreload some turns before but it happened again onceI reached 1906.
There are some wars going around on the planet but I never experinced problems so far. I saw someone else having the same problem on a different mod and I got to know that this was an issue form Better AI component...

Would be evry grateful if anyone had suggestion about how to overcome the issue, thank god this mod does not seem to have as many problems as other have...

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

Nem

I am getting an error loading this mod.

It goes something like this...

XML Error

There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair
Current XML file is: Modules\units\greatbombard\greatbombard_civ4unitinfos.xml

It continues on a second error popup.

Tag:ROUTE_PAVED in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\units\greatbombard\greatbombard_civ4unitinfos.xml

The mod loads the rest of the way when I click ok but I thought you ought to know about this Avain.

Ill let you know if it causes problems.

Top Bottom