Random Deity Troublemaking

Nice going. Poaching opportunities are nice.

As for target...I spy a very nice 2-tile choke point in the west.Maybe if the Russians can turn the tide we could ally against Germany and push them out beyond the choke. Alternatively we can gang up on the Russians. I think oscillating war may be the early pattern, take towns off each civ as we push outwards. For now, after this last round of settlers, I think we need barracks + troops + roads linking up our empire more thoroughly for fast transportatin wen we go to war.

Bismarck and Cathy going at it? Absolutely the best thing that could have happened to us -- wonderful! Stay out of the way and poach towns where we can while we build up workers and military? Sounds like a plan to me.

Renata

Got it, will most likely play tonight.

Will send the new settler on a way to Yekaterinburg.
Plan to stay out but prepare for war.
Active settler planed to be used for hill-city.
Try to put the money to use before demands come in.

Do you guys use a tool to check for trading opportunities or diplo? I was thinking tools aren't allowed, but read some posts indicating otherwise.

I use good old fashioned thoroughness ;). Once you get used to checking every city evey turn and contacting every civ every turn to check for trade, it becomes a habit you don't even notice anymore, and it doesn't even take much time.

However, I have no problems with other people using tools so long as they do not provide spoiler information.

I used to use Mapstat, but since I found out the RBCiv Epic don't allow it, I've been going back to Nad's thoroughness routine. If you leave a one-sided trade up on the trading block, you can quickly cycle thorough the diplo screen.

I use CivAssist, for diplo screen assistance only generally. No matter how fast I go or how much I practice, it takes me probably 1-2 minutes each turn to go through the diplo screen even if there is nothing interesting there. If there are possible trades, then I have to write everything down or risk forgetting half the options, which takes 2-3 minutes more. Blech. I have better things to do with my time. CivAssist gives all the same information on one screen, with no spoilers. Can't see how that could be a problem.

Of course, I do have problems with CivAssist and resource/lux trade options -- they don't seem to be tracked accurately. So I do monitor the diplo screens for those things fairly often. It's so much faster when I'm only looking at one of the dropdown menus, though, instead of all of them.

Renata

I only just discovered the ease of use of Mapstat, while working through ten turns of MM1. It's obviously very helpful to manage a big empire with a lot of cities. But still I will scroll through all cities in CIV to Micro Manage and the diplo screens aren't that much of a burden for me.

Man, why didn't I ever think of Mapstat in AG3... :o

IBT: Horses connected
Mongols & Spain unite against Germany
Yeka holds off Germans
Machiavelli thinks we're a puny civ, considering wealth (1. Mongols)

1350 BC (1)
settler moving
IW from Spain for 92g & 9gpt (Iron NW of Volcano)
Lux 20

1325 BC (2)
Neapolis built on hill -> barracks
MM Veii

1325 BC (3)
Movement

IBT:
Deity RoP from Spain

1275 BC (4)
Pisae built on FP (saw a Russian settler on his way N) -> barracks
Hire scientist in veii (grown, lux 10 instead of 30)

1250 BC (5)
some MM

IBT:
two spain war change direction to neaples

1225 BC (6)
move addtional war to neaples
change work->war in pompeii

1200 BC (7)
veii settler->temple (Glib-City, can be changed to palace)

IBT:
lot of fighting around cumae

1175 BC (8)
some MM

IBT:
Russia and spain concentrate forces near cumae
Germans start SoZ

1150 BC (9)
built ravenna (blue dot) -> temple
antium barracks -> archer (warrior for upgrade?)
pompeii worker(iron?) -> spearman (warrior?)
could get math for most of our economie, leave it to the next player (could use money for warrior upgrades, but I doubt we can keep it that long)

IBT:
some fighting around cumae
spot some barbs and a russian settler in the south

1125 BC (10)
two roads started
exchange tiles cumae-veii

next player/team
we're far from ready for war, but need to decide which way to go: HB / War->Sword / cats
what about GLib?
close lands filled (SW of Yeka & on the coke could be cities squeezed in, but brings trouble)
I think we should wait until someone else gives us some space (no settler ready) :)

and the usual "need more from everything"

Techs: all are ahead HB, Myst, Math & MM ahead, Spain CoL, Mongols CoL & Phil

Yes, we have iron. So we finished our expansion phase? :lol: By the way, I vote to build barracks and a lot of warriors/legions now. No need for cultural improvements atm ...

I don't know where we would like to build TGL. Veii?

We can probably get some decent shields out of Veii, but we'll obviously need to swap to a better pre-build.

I think we should give some serious consideration to warring with Germany. Once we get to the choke and beyond, we'll have a fairly narrow front. Looks like Russia may be getting the upper hand already.

I completely forgot about legions :wallbash:
That makes the decision pretty easy. Antioch and Pompeii can still be changed to warriors. The worker SW of pompeii deliberatly didn't startet the iron hook to give us some time, but mountain roading takes so long, I'm not sure that was a good idea.

The temples are to reduce flip risk, but military is probably more important now. Except for Veii, where I wasn't sure if a temple can be squeezed in before GLib, but rather not.

For the warring, Germany and Spain fight on the mountains north of the volcano, seems tied. Germany and Russia fought in front of Cumae, Russia is winning there.

I'll edit my turn post so the import stuff is better visible

Well played el_filet, very steady going. I like the iron working purchase, that is crucial information which could shape the course of our game, and our empire has fleshed out. I have just two points to query about your turn:

1) scientist in Veii, turn 4? :vomit: Our second city, fastest growing, ancient age...? Lux rate, every time! Our growth curve now will pay back hundreds of times over the course of the game. Nothing should deviate from this, especially for core cities.

2) as Aggie said, temples are of only marginal importance at this time, we do not expect our borders to remain fixed for much longer. Cumae's temple is the only one that is really needed now, since it will give us cultural control over a vital area, bordering two civs, the gateway between Russia and Germany, and the platform for perhaps our first war. The rest are unneccassary at this time, especially Veii's.

On the Great Library discussion, I'd rather have 13 legions thanks :). I can't see much of a warrior upgrade here, I doubt we're going to have that much cash, and Pompeii and Veii should be able to muster the shields to build some fairly swiftly anyway. I think barracks and iron hookup are the priority now.

Aggie...UP NOW
Renata...ON DECK (or we can swap round depending how soon Aggie finishes).

If Aggie plays today or tomorrow, you should skip me. As I said at the beginning, I won't have C3C until the weekend. Sorry. :(

Renata

I'm am very sorry about this, but I'm going to drop out. I shouldn't have signed up anyway, but I couldn't resist because I have all these nice memories of SG's with Nad. But I am really tired of this game and I have shifted my attention to other things in a major way last weeks. Which means that I also don't have the time.

Sorry Nad. I hope that we will see each other again when CIV4 comes out...

Top Bottom