Random Events

Yeah the Port Replaces the Harbor, which is the issue. Also why's it need a Market?

Because the event says that our Market Guys cooporates with the harbor or something like this. If the Port replaces the harbor, no problem here :goodjob: Will change it then.

Hmm, do you think it should tie in the Geothermal Power Plant in some way?

Hmm.. It could give this for free, but actually one prereq is, that the city must not have clean Power.

Hmm.. It could give this for free, but actually one prereq is, that the city must not have clean Power.

I don't think any Power Plant uses those tags anymore. So it may never trigger if its looking for those tags. The tags were not used anymore due to the Air Pollution property which did a better job at determining if a city was "Clean" or "Dirty".

Well, this would explain why I saw this event triggering despite I had the Three Gorges Dam... These python events (as new world or supervirus) are a little too complex for me at the moment. Do you think it should give the Geothermal Powerplant in one city, or, if you pay for it, in every city? Sounds good to me!

But, if you place a building in a city that doesn't have it's requirements, will it disappear next round?

200) Harry Potter

a) turned off. Why?

---------------

201) unlimited Power (free power in a city or pay for free power in every city on continent)

a) 100% -> 95%

b) iWeight 50 -> 100

c) Not 100 but 1000 :gold: per city

-------------------

202) Super Virus (Kills a S**tload of People -> 45% - 75% of your pop...)

a) iWeight 30 -> 50 (Muhahaha)

b) I think this baby belongs in the bad stuff happen Module...

---------------

203) Dockworker Strike -> Have to find the python for it, it's not in the Assets/Python.

------------------

204) Stuck in Swamp (unit is unable to move for 1 turn)

a) it currently uses python, but it could also be done in XML. Just as requirement <Route>NONE</Route> specifies that there must not be a route. Just saying.

b) req. Feature Flood Plains. How about... Swamp as well? ;)

c) Delete the listed unit type so that every unit can stuck in the swamp.

200 was turned off because it was happening too often. Is it possible to only have it occur once per nation? 203 has the same problem.

201 shouldn't it give a geothermal resource instead?

202 is that all! It should reduce all cities to the square root of their population! Muhahaha. This event is a shock but it actually has very little effect on game play as it only takes a few turns to get your population back up to what it was before.

Which reminds me we have two tags on buildings that have the same affect, one should go.
  • Stores x food when population grows eg granary
  • Reduces the amount of food to grow - this one should go

I want to put a "this is how much your city will have in it after the population grows" marker on the food bar.

If we can get rid of the Python do so. That is if <Route>NONE</Route> is not the same as <Route/>

200;203) Of course I can limit it to once per nation. Makes sense for the Harry Potter one at least. For the Dockworkers Strike I can either leave it or just reduce the likelyhood. I don't really care.

201) And what about the choice then? I'd prefer the free Geothermal Power Plant, but make it require the Resource.

202) Well, I had it in an OCC once and it killed 75% of my Pop. It took me like 1000 turns to regrow :/ But you are right, Popsize isn't a huge factore late in the game.

<Route>NONE</Route> says, that there MUST NOT be a route in order to trigger.
<Route/> just don't care about routes at all.

And the "X% less to grow" tag is usefull on the education buildings...

And the "X% less to grow" tag is usefull on the education buildings...

Just replace it with the other. Both shorten the gap between what you start with in a city when your population grows and what you need for the next population growth. The "stores" shows explicitly on the screen because the bar is partially full after growth. The other does not show up at all because it shortens the total length of the bar but we don't display this shortening.

If you want to change text then come up with something better. Both refer to food but both reduce the amount needed for the next growth.

I just thought that it would be useful to have a marker on the "food" bar which indicated how much you start with after growth. I suppose I could also show how much you don't need at the end of the bar.

Unfortunately, this is not straight forward. It picks a city, that must have Market OR Harbor. But it must have 2 buildings in total of the previous list, which effectivly makes it requiring both since you can't build a building multiple times in a city. So making it also require Port would mean that it requires 2 out of these three so it could skip the market (or is the port actually replacing the harbor?)

I don't understand why there is an 'or' there at all. It requires both, which means it's an 'and'. Still, I suppose the XML syntax might require it so never mind. :rolleyes:

Secondly, it gives a bonus to the Harbour right? It can't do that if you have a Port and no Harbour. Does that mean they (ie. Harbour and Port) have to be separate events?

It doesn't say "OR" or "AND" anywhere -.- this is really annoying. But since there are events that require different temples, or upgrades of buildings, and always "1" in total, I guess you have to have X elements out of this list. If you have 2 Buildings in there and X=2, then you need both, so it's AND. If only one is needed, it is OR :crazyeye:

And no, I will give the bonus to both, Ports and Harbors. No big deal there at all. We can also expand it to commercial and International Ports and whatever the Marketplace upgrades to.

The really, really last post... Finally done...

205) Holy Mountain (build temples etc to see it; claim it to get 1+ :) in every city)

a) iWeight 200 -> 400

b) requires Juadism, Christianity, Islam, Hellenism or Zoroastrianism. Any other religion this would make sense?

Tengriism?

c) IMO, the reward should be much higher. Have you ever managed to get that mountain?

------------------

206) Ancient Olympics (can trigger modern Olympics later)

a) 75% -> 75%

b) Should require the Olympics Wonder

-----------------

207) Crusade (well, when your opponent has your religions holy city, it triggers. But what it really does....)

a) 50% -> 75%

b) iWeight 1000 -> 500

--------------------

208) Classic Literature

a) iWeight 500 -> 400

b) 20% -> 75%

c) prereq Writing changed to Literature

d) Change first reward so it doesn't give +2 :science: to ONE Library, but instead +1 :science: to ALL libraries.

e) make it more likely the more scrollmakers you have

---------------------

209) Master Blacksmith (build X Forges -> All Swordman Shock I OR find new Copper or 1 free Engineer)

a) iWeight 500 -> 400

b) 20% -> 75%

-----------------------

210) Best Defense ( build X castles -> Melee=Garrison I OR +3 Diplo with all OR Great Wall +25 :espionage:)

a) 30% -> 75%

b) make it more likely the more high walls you have

----------------

211) Sport League (Build X Colosseums -> Colosseum +1 :) OR +4 :culture: OR a golden age with Circus Maxiumus)

a) 25% -> 75%

b) Might be a good idea to clone this event for the modern time...

-----------------

212) Harbormaster

a) remove obsolete tech metallurugy

b) make it more likely the more ships you have

c) should require Harbourmaster Building

d) 30% -> 75%

------------------

I will give you a week or so to review all the events I posted. Please try to complain early, so I don't have to change something again and again. In the meantime I will make some very simple PH events. I won't commit them now, but after the release.

205) Holy Mountain (build temples etc to see it; claim it to get 1+ :) in every city)

a) iWeight 200 -> 400

b) requires Juadism, Christianity, Islam, Hellenism or Zoroastrianism. Any other religion this would make sense?

Tengriism?

c) IMO, the reward should be much higher. Have you ever managed to get that mountain?

b) Druidism has sacred hills (mountains by UK standards...); Uluru is a mountainlike natural wonder that is 'sacred' to local indigenous Australians (ie. Shamanism in game terms). I suspect Kilimanjaro is similarly revered in East Africa.
The Taoist heaven I believe is in the sky, which would mean mountains allow you to come closer to it.

I think the concept is entirely compatible with Jainism, Sikhism, Mormonism, Canaanism, Asatru, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shinto. Any religion with a sky/storm/thunder god for sure.

Well, this would explain why I saw this event triggering despite I had the Three Gorges Dam... These python events (as new world or supervirus) are a little too complex for me at the moment. Do you think it should give the Geothermal Powerplant in one city, or, if you pay for it, in every city? Sounds good to me!

But, if you place a building in a city that doesn't have it's requirements, will it disappear next round?

It can't be every city since they require the Geothermal resource in the city vicinity. As cool as it would be to have it power the entire nation I don't think it would be realistic. Though I am not sure where a middle ground could be.

This is definetly something for the Powermod ;)

How about this as the two choices:
1) Found new resource Geothermal Energy.
2) Connect this resource and build a Geothermal Power Plant in your city.

I'm about 80% done with the event adjustments, but a few issues remains:

1) Where can I find the tags for ALL routes?

2) We need a "Statue" building for after Astronomy when the Obilisk goes obsolete.

3) What is the tag for the Olympic Games wonder?

I'm about 80% done with the event adjustments, but a few issues remains:

1) Where can I find the tags for ALL routes?

2) We need a "Statue" building for after Astronomy when the Obilisk goes obsolete.

3) What is the tag for the Olympic Games wonder?

1. I don't know. Sorry. :(

2. What is that quest about? I am not sure what "Statue" is around then other than monuments linked to specific civics.

3. BUILDINGCLASS_OLYMPIC_GAMES

2) Great Menoumentals (req Astronomy) and War Menoumentals (Scientific Method). Currently, both give a bonus to Obelisks (obsolete at Astronomy). I guess Arc de Triumph can work for the latter one, but the former one I don't know.

Top Bottom