Random Rants 0x52: [Obligatory rant about title]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, my sister does that all the time, drives me crazy!

I'm feeling really hungry right now, but I desperately need to lose weight :(

Rant: After posting a rant people are purposefully antagonizing me about said rant.

This rant seems kind of stupid, but:

Spoiler :
Okay, so I posted my first chapter on Friday. And got...pretty much no response from it. And other fics in the same section, posted at the same time, got a lot more response. Am I doing something wrong? I don't know. :sad:

It's stupid to rant about this, because I'm mostly just writing this fic for myself, but I thought it was well-written. :undecide:

Okay, so I posted my first chapter on Friday. And got...pretty much no response from it. And other fics in the same section, posted at the same time, got a lot more response. Am I doing something wrong? I don't know. :sad:

It's stupid, because I'm just writing this fic for myself only, but I thought it was well-written. :undecide:

The site you're posting on might just be clique-ey. At least, I've often noticed in Facebook groups that the "popular" people can post stuff and get lots of engagement, the same thing posted by a random person will get 7 likes.

Of course, Facebook's newsfeed algorithms and such work a little differently but the underlying clique phenomenon might be the same.

I'll send a PM.

The site you're posting on might just be clique-ey. At least, I've often noticed in Facebook groups that the "popular" people can post stuff and get lots of engagement, the same thing posted by a random person will get 7 likes.

Of course, Facebook's newsfeed algorithms and such work a little differently but the underlying clique phenomenon might be the same.

I used to have a Tumblr. That was part of the reason I left.

I shared it with my writing group but there are only two people in it who are into fandom... and they're only into anime fandom.

I've learned that the AO3/Tumblr/FF/DeviantArt spaces are difficult to gain attention on unless you fit a very specific behaviour type. If you don't exhibit "in" behaviour, you'll lack visibility and attention. People may appreciate what you do for them, they may come to rely on you, but you'll never be "one of them," and their gushing attention will always be reserved for those who are a part of the inner circle and nobody else.

I can post it on Twitter, if you'd like, but it will face the same issue of not having anyone in my network that likes Mass Effect, let alone reads its fanfic.

I've learned that the AO3/Tumblr/FF/DeviantArt spaces are difficult to gain attention on unless you fit a very specific behaviour type. If you don't exhibit "in" behaviour, you'll lack visibility and attention. People may appreciate what you do for them, they may come to rely on you, but you'll never be "one of them," and their gushing attention will always be reserved for those who are a part of the inner circle and nobody else.

Clique theory confirmed

Wasn't there a girl on Tumblr who got threatened because she had the gall to draw a cartoon character with the wrong skin colour/body size/something?

Wasn't there a girl on Tumblr who got threatened because she had the gall to draw a cartoon character with the wrong skin colour/body size/something?

I'm pretty sure this happens like six times a day on Tumblr

...I wouldn't be surprised. I think the developer of XKit got chased off Tumblr too.

Rant: My cat bit me. :(

I really hate
it when
I get
text messages
that are formatted
this

Just write a complete thought before you hit send people. It's not that hard.
your post reminds me
of an attempt at a haiku
TIL I am Polish

your post reminds me
of an attempt at a haiku
TIL I am Polish

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I don't think I'm doing this haiku thing right?
Oh well.

This reminds me of this time I wrote a poem that used hyperbolic obesity for the gross-out effect and it's my only ever dA post to have gotten a stranger's attention: a fat fetishist. Turns out I was the one grossed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom