1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants: --... ---.. Don't expect others to convert it for you.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cutlass, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Getting irritated over the situation when a person you felt you had a connection with, hooks up with your mate, is IMO just human. Directing any of that anger towards that person is wrong for a lot of different reasons. Not sure I got the latter from the post but that's just me.

2. haroon

haroon Chieftain

This thing is cultural I guess.
    It is not in the sense of "owning" her, but in the sense of marking a sphere of influence toward his friends, his friend shouldn't cross that line. In here it is quite common, even it's consider to be jerkish to have a date with your best friend ex and it's not in the sense that they are still belong to each other, but it's more about the etiquette, sound too much, but without a proper etiquette it somehow an outrageous things to do.

AdamCrock likes this.
  3. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Dibs

Birdjaguar and haroon like this.
  4. haroon

haroon Chieftain

I think that's a correct word

Birdjaguar likes this.
  5. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Yeah because women are objects to be claimed

I dunno maybe, just maybe, feminists are onto something when they say that objectifying women is deeply ingrained in the culture

It's happened to me before, not just someone I met in a bar the same night either but someone I'd had a crush on for years. She wasn't "mine", and realizing that helped me deal with it.

Valka D'Ur and haroon like this.
  6. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Master of Darkness

Correct I do not own her . It's why I left them to themselves and left the bar and didn't interupted them. I wasn't even angry at the girl I was angry at my so called friend who "stole" (maybe that's a wrong word) - engaged her even if he knew I was interested in her. It was a dick move on his part I say.

edit It wasn't just chatting it really was making out in the sense they were kissing.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    cardgame likes this.
  7. haroon

haroon Chieftain

maybe dibs is not a correct word, because it's to claim the belonging toward something/someone.

Like for instance, my own sister end up marrying her ex's best friend, they were pretty much awkward with their environment for awhile. It's not in the sense that her ex claimed her as his belonging, their relationship is pretty much over, but their friend hoping they should talk it over so there will be no hard feeling in the end.

It's unnecessary, but it happened.

8. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

More like 'get the first crack at' when it comes to women, and if you strike out then your buddy gets a shot.
    Part of the buddy code. But then, I've been out of the game so long, who knows what passes as the buddy code these days.

9. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

My concerns were misplaced in this instance, but yes, be careful about the words you use for these situations.

Big time.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

I don't have much experience with this but my general view is that people who have a problem with their friends dating their exes need to get over it. This may reflect growing up in a small school, though. The dating/hookup pool just wasn't large enough to support a taboo on fooling around with friends' exes.

Well the problem is many men lack the confidence to put themselves in a position to 'strike out' and just sort of emotionally linger over people...I know this because I did it and I've seen plenty of others do it...feelings of possessiveness developing in such a situation are Bad and Unhealthy and can only lead to problems. Ideally they're just emotional problems for the man in question but this is also where stalking and other dangerous stuff can come from.

My attitude toward this is that "all's fair in love and war" and "buddy code" is less important than...what the woman wants [gasp]

Valka D'Ur and AdamCrock like this.
  10. haroon

haroon Chieftain

it's quite human to be jealous Lexicus, that's mean you truly have a feeling toward your love interest, I guess both man or woman will be equally disappointed to their buddy if they somehow taking their crush over.

Just a while ago, between two female employee in my office get a problem toward each other, because her best friend that she bring to accompany her meeting her crush (he is a worker of our company vendor), ending up dating her very crush. This thing are something that we feel all gender. Don't you agree?

AdamCrock likes this.
  11. haroon

haroon Chieftain

I agree with this, I also think it is stupid, her ex is one of the most awesome dude I ever know actually.

edit: and now I pretty much foreign to him, while I close him for more than 4 years I guess

12. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

In my case it was always practice makes perfect. I struck out more than I did in baseball, and I really sucked at baseball.

13. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

I agree and imo it results from selfishness either way. It's just that when men do it it's often dovetailing with all that cultural baggage of women being treated as mere objects of male desire and endeavor.

haroon likes this.
  14. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Master of Darkness

Yes I completely agree. It gave me comfort that I am not the only one, Thank You for this. Now I feel better ;)

haroon likes this.
  15. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

Rant: I fell out of bed.

hobbsyoyo, choxorn and haroon like this.
  16. haroon

haroon Chieftain

Yes you cannot shrug off the objectification of women in our society. For instance, I'm so tired seeing all the impractical skimpy heavy armor for woman while if the same armor wear by a man it turned out to be a full closed armor set. There was never a game that I play where females get full body armor while males get a metal boxer.

I really hope you are alright.

Valka D'Ur and Lexicus like this.
  17. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Oh yeah, I had "crushes" when I was too afraid to get rejected. If I had actually had the confidence to put myself out there I wouldn't have had crushes, I would have had a bunch of rejections and maybe a few dates or girlfriends (not at the same time obviously) or whatever.

As soon as I gained the confidence to actually get rejected I did that a bunch of times and now my fear of rejection is much less than it used to be.

OTOH the other side of this is that if you're a friend, you shouldn't do things that make your friends hurt which includes making out with a woman they were trying to chat up at a bar.

hobbsyoyo, AdamCrock, The_J and 2 others like this.
  18. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Couldn't agree more. My best friend did this (with my girl friend) but we were able to get by it and remain friends till he passed. In hindsight, he saved me big time.

19. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

I assume this girlfriend is not your wife?

haroon likes this.
  20. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Oh you can edit this

Yes Adam be careful. You've been told. Consider this a warning. (We're claiming ownership over you and your actions you see)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.