1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants: --... ---.. Don't expect others to convert it for you.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cutlass, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

No.

2. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

While not optimal, I'd rather have that clown then our current clown.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  3. haroon

haroon Chieftain

uff going home from work using a kind of uber, before he arrived he told me that he used different car with different police number (which pretty much negates any insurance when anything wrong happened, and many crime uber related here happened under this condition-so the driver is untraceable) I said ok no problem just come here.

When I entered the car I noticed that even after a while during the ride he let the window open and air conditioner off while it was very hot here. And without asking me which road I would like to take he just turn to the main road and there was a huge traffic, and it was so hot. So I told him maybe this is the right time to close the windows, he told me the air conditioner is broken we cannot use it (while I already paid quite a lot for this) I let him know that a customer can pretty much make a complain and caused him to be suspended for this if they wanted to.

He went on ranting, of how he fought with people today. He told me he was a local of this place yada yada yada he nearly beat this man, and he started getting really obnoxious and get into my nerve when he started to yell and shout to demonstrate what happened while I was beside him. I'm not a local here yes, but who so what? I pinch myself literally try to hold myself, but because this was went on and on I told him, since the sun rise until this time I haven't had any cig, it disturbed my nerve that I can easily eat anyone alive if not because of the fear of God. I told him he should have turned off the application instead of taking another order knowing how not professional his condition is (different car, no air con, etc etc) and he was wasting both of our time so he better give my money back. Then he entered a street where he said he had brothers over there who got money that I ask for, I said I don't want to go to his brother lol, he also told me he will order motorcycle for me (cheaper), I refused again and asked him if he has the money that I wanted, he kind a shout at me and said "I have", I'm not going to react to that, I just said to him calmly then listen to what I told you and do it, stop entering this street any deeper and go to the main road and give me the money that I asked. And he did exactly that.

We reach the main road, he show me the amount of money that he suppose to earned from this trip which is obviously less than the money that I lost. He hand me over his cash, it was more than what he suppose to earn but it is somehow less from what I have lost, so I just told him "I lost more than this so I keep the change" he said yes ok. And drop off, and went home very late, after I ate I directly sleep and just woke up recently.

Very tiring day.

Birdjaguar and hobbsyoyo like this.
  4. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Doesn't sound like any type of Uber I've ever used.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  5. haroon

haroon Chieftain

many like this here, Uber pretty much lost the competition in Indonesia, here we have Gojek and Grab, unfortunately so many fake account sold online (so people can operate a car without proper identity), I go back and forth home to job using these service every day, I don't have any vehicle and not yet plan to have one.

Recently many crimes happened taxi online related. Sometime I must make sure the back seat is empty.

6. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Come Fly With Me

I love spring but hate spring allergies.

7. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Guess that didn't work out with my speed date match. I emailed on Wednesday a date suggestion for Saturday. Now it's Friday nearly midnight, and still no answer. Meh :/
    I additionally deleted my tinder and okcupid accounts. both were not working in any way. According to some femaile friends it wasn't necessarly the pics, so no real clue. I even wanted to invest some money into tinder, but turns out they don't take prepaid credit card, as it seems, and I don't have a real one. So there wasn't any purpose for this anymore. Guess this part could as well be a rave, since I'm not getting each day sad anymore while looking at these webpages :/.

EDIT: I'm on youtube on my mobile, and just got a 52 minutes advertisement between 2 music videos. Who is going to watch that o_O?

8. old_andy

old_andy Chieftain

I want to rant about trying to get a Facebook account for the last three days, and the hoops they're making me jump through just to get my account verified -what with 2 billion users you'd think that it wouldn't be this difficult to acquire :wallbash:

but I realize that there isn't enough disk space on the internet to hold the mountain of posts filled with redacted expletives that such a rant would undoubtedly generate, while burning through the entire list on Wikipedia's category of English vulgarities, :aargh:

all the while simultaneously doubling it in size.. :gripe:

Needless to say, I'm vexed, and I really just want to drink 2 gallons of milk, find Mark Zuckerberg, and puke all over him. :vomit:

[pissed]

The only saving grace towards my sanity is that I'll get at least five minutes of material outta this.. and by Gump, I'm gonna use it.:trouble:

Now I'm gonna unwind with a cup of coffee, spiked with a whole lotta vodka :coffee:

cardgame likes this.
  9. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Don't you have a skip video option? There's always F5, too.
    I only got one a couple years ago and hardly ever use it. So
    a) why do you want one?
    b) what's this about verification? Don't they just ask you for an email address and/or telephone number as they used to do until very recently?
    c) coffee sucks
    d) you're in Sweden and you still haven't learned metric?

10. old_andy

old_andy Chieftain

It's because of my new found career as a radio DJ and now also (maybe even more) as a stand up comic.. there's a bunch of comedians and club owners that are on group (messenger?) chat to discuss bookings, who's working where and basic networking, so yeah-hey whoop-ti-do, I gotta see it as a necessary (evil) tool that I gotta come to grips with (although come to gripes with, is probably more accurate)
    So, the verification process currently goes as follows (hold on to your panties people, this is gonna get v.e.r.y. convoluted v.e.r.y. fast)
    First I simply made the account. Real name, first and last.. the usual. -a little weirded out at using my real name online, but okay, I'm a big boy wearing my big boy pants, so I'll suck it up and just cope.
    Then it wants my email.. again I anticipated this so I used my work email address because there's no way Facebook is getting there mitts on the IP address of this machine. So far we're golden.
    Now I have to upload an avatar, so I used the picture from the stations website (same photo I posted here on Forum Members' Photographs 25: Instagram is overrated, page 10, post #195 and the sexiest poster child for a Hell Angels recruitment drive if ever there was one)
    Okay, so I think I'm done, walk away from my machine for a bit, do some work in the studio for awhile, and when I came back it said that my account was suspended until I supplied it with a valid phone number.
    This is where I lost my poop a little bit, and under the banner 'if you have a problem with this, please explain why' so I sent them the report saying that I don't have a phone (screw it, it's none of their business I thought.) to which they sent an email to my work address (because yeah, they had that already) which said -and I'm paraphrasing here: either get a phone, or get lost..
    So about an hour later I entered my phone number (I figured that if they gave me any crap about just mentioning that I didn't have a phone, I'd say that I went out and got one, and then drop F-bombs for five minutes)
    That done -but this story isn't kiddies... nay, not by a long shot.. I get a code texted to me from them that I* have to plug into the site.. and then it says that I have to submit a photo of myself for further verification.
    So I sent the same photo that I just mentioned (Forum Members' Photographs 25: Instagram is overrated, page 10, post #195.. God I really am loving myself now that I've lost weight) and they'd get back to me..
    Brought home the work machine and today when I opened up the Facebook tab it says that I'm STILL SUSPENDED and that they need a PHOTO ID before I can be further processed.
    Now for the kicker.. it literally said:
    step 1, take a picture of a valid ID
    step 2, save it to your device
    step 3, follow the on screen instructions to upload the picture (in .jpeg form preferably)
    I looked everywhere on the screen, every screen, behind the screen, went so far as to lift up the machine and see if there was a secret screen underneath, even checked the mosquito screen in the kitchen window (because windows can be sneaky that way) and just to make damn sure no stone was left unturned I read the label on a bottle of sun screen I still have from last year at the beach where I proudly display my love for Ork Kult of Speed RED.. (my family is north European and I'm (was) a redhead, so the only melanoma I possess is concentrated in five lonely freckles on my shoulders),
    There were NO on screen instruction ANYWHERE
    At this point the internet crapped out (it's wifi, so that happens, and to be fair I was at this point yelling loud-, long and creatively enough that I could've easily played Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket)
    And once the wifi was back on and I reloaded the page, lo and behold right there on the first screen where it damn well wasn't the first time was a button for me to upload a picture of a formal ID...
    Since something in the back of my head keeps nagging at me and saying that I really need this crap-hola, I go all out and take a photo of my passport, and sent that in. Now something in the back of my head is telling me that I've done a v.e.r.y. dumb thing, and that I'll live to regret it immensely.
    I'm now left in a holding pattern and currently waiting for them to inform me that I have to upload a DNA sample, at which point I'm going to send them a box full fresh steaming pile of... you know what, never mind. This being a family board and all...

coffee only sucks until you're properly addicted to it, at which point it becomes your best friend in the morning which keeps you from going ape**** postal on the world.. and in the evening, we add vodka (I mentioned the copious amounts of vodka, didn't I?)

I use both metric and non-metric, whatever sounds better in the moment. And "two gallons" just sounded better than "eight liters"
    but then here they also use a Swedish mile, which is 6.21 US miles, which is 10 kilometers.. so go figure..

okay, I actually feel a little bit better.. thanks Takhisis for pulling that outta me.. although it might also have been the vodka :D

Because I need the damn thing.. I also need to get twitter as well, and I'm NOT looking forward to it. Needless to say, I'm gonna misbehave like no other on there :mischief:

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    The_J and Silurian like this.
  11. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

We could just have skipped straight to the vodka, but sure. ;)

I still disagree on coffee though. When brewed in the Western European/'Murican way it is vastly inferior to tea.

12. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Entangled Retired Moderator Supporter

13. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Could be worse. I assume you have a reasonably "normal"-sounding name? How about if you're native American? FB has disallowed or kicked out people with perfectly legal names, but they don't "look real" to whatever algorithms or idiot humans FB uses to verify such things.

Don't forget the unique Shakespearian ones. Those can be used to insult people and they won't even know it if they're unfamiliar with his works.

This has changed considerably since I first got my account (that I haven't used in nearly 6 years in any meaningful way other than to see what damage might have been done due to some jerk from another gaming forum linking to my account without my permission just because he wanted a picture of my cat - and couldn't be bothered to just ask me).

I was not required to provide photo ID, nor was I required to provide a phone number. My FB avatar is one of my cats, and there are no photos of me anywhere online (I've checked, and the people who share my name are not me).

As for Twitter, be careful with your security. Someone hacked my account, and suddenly I was "following" several hundred musicians I'd never heard of. The only way to make it stop was to nuke my account.

14. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

Another computer mouse died. The cable just randomly broke. That's not fun. I found a third spare mouse. The wheel's kind of screwy but it works.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  15. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Yes, yes, that was not an issue :).
    But i really, really wonder who thought that a 52 min advert is a good idea and that any person on this planet is going to watch it fully :confused:.

Totally unrelated: I just learnt about https://www.vice.com/da/article/mvnj3q/the-gift-of-hiv and i am appalled, angry and disgusted.
    And I thought I would know all the weird faeces out there. Seems most I do. But what the hell people, really? The f.

16. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁森林

My life has taken a strange turn where now school is the only thing going well for me

Cutlass likes this.
  17. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

I have a mosquito bite on my knee :mad:

18. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Compared to proverbial arrows, how bad is it?

Birdjaguar likes this.
  19. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

On that note, it was a beautiful day but I spent a good chunk of it knocked out from Benadryl. Turns out I needed the long nap though and I feel fantastic.

The_J likes this.
  20. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Professional Killjoy Moderator

I tripped and fell down the stairs tonight. I didn't break anything, but boy am I sore.

Cutlass and hobbsyoyo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.