Random Rants noventa y tres: The Incredible Hulk will not be presented this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost the gas cap off my lawn mower. And I can't figure out which one is the proper replacement. Having the engine serial number doesn't help. And I can't get the engine model number from the serial number. I have to take apart the engine housing and look for it.

An entire new mower? Are you insane?

They Ryobi battery powered ones seem pretty good. Got most of my aunts property done with only one of the two batteries.

I lost the gas cap off my lawn mower. And I can't figure out which one is the proper replacement. Having the engine serial number doesn't help. And I can't get the engine model number from the serial number. I have to take apart the engine housing and look for it.
Before taking your mower apart, go to Lowes or Home Depot or whatever and look at their offerings; on the packaging, they might list what brands/models they fit.

Gotta hold the dirt down. Usually get a heftyass fine and the city will do it for you anyways if you don't. So just don't weed, and shear it when absolutely necessary. Then it'll be a net win over letting somebody else have it that will aerate it, roll it, fertilize the ever living hell out of it, spray it dead into a monoculture, then mow it every other day while actually bagging the clippings. :crazyeye: I'm not hardcore enough to use a scythe or anything, but those people are sort of awesome(if extremely weird). If for some reason a patch can be left until late summer for an annual mowing(otherwise trees and brush will take over), then flowers can grow, bugs will show up, and birds can nest in it(depending of course). Fun!

Last edited:
Ha!

There are inventions called Rabbit, Sheep.
Goats work, too.

Way back, when my dad was still around and we lived in the house, my dad had a friend who owned a Greek restaurant. Goat was on the menu.

My dad would balk and procrastinate if asked directly to mow the lawn. So one day I told him, "You should ask Nick if you can borrow a goat before it ends up on the dinner menu, since the grass is getting really long."

That tickled my dad's sense of humor, so "it's time to borrow a goat" became family code for "please mow the lawn."

I fell down the stairs while carrying a cat, my back, arm and leg hurts and my wrist is all cut up from kitty.
Dunno if kitty will ever trust me to carry him again......

so , while not recommending people to check , yesterday ı was involved in a thing .

Spoiler :

ı know the guy consumes a lot of beverages or whatever , did not feel offended or anything . And if the Polish Goverment feels ı , of all things , have a surprise or two in store for their current army or future territory in Ukraine , they will send GROM after me . Not a case of excessive beverage use . The city nearby is of course offended . Suppose they took it to apply to themselves , again . Apparently pressure on authorities that ı should no longer be allowed in the city . Which builds up from Monday . Inspired either by the fan violence on Sunday like 300 or 500 kilometers down South , or it seems "news" that some old guy has died and there is nobody left to protect me . Don't know why they simply forgot their joy at the naturally American supplied news that he had been completely knocked out by Alzheimer and so on . And the rant is ? Actually NOT that the actual translation of whatever would be that Lord Vader and gang do not "talk" or provide liasion or whatever and ı don't need Lavrov's opinion on how in some "ideal" world the superpowers would not fight but they are currently doing so and Russia is getting thrashed so badly . Actually adding a rant as an edit to #129 of the thread not mentioned here or something . You know , those guys from elsewhere on the web once came here to CFC to rant against me or something ...

translation: if ı want to say something , am quite capable of making it clear to whom it is adressed . Example : Today , ı get some stuff on the Trigan Empire , a British series of comics that ended in 1973 or so . While ı haven't yet encountered the Zith Assassins , the Star Wars Force Lightning from the fingers is clearly inspired by a few pages there . And the way a clean cut is always made by those invaders' main weapon . To create the idea of a lightsaber , improved from the Sting in the Hobbit of the Tolkienverse , which shines blue when orcs are around . But avoid suggesting that the TIE Fighters descend from some twin finned sausage ; because ı will gladly help you eat crow . See , just another r16 post which is of interest to nobody within a thousand or so kilometers ...

I fell down the stairs while carrying a cat, my back, arm and leg hurts and my wrist is all cut up from kitty.
Dunno if kitty will ever trust me to carry him again......
It's never fun to fall down the stairs, but why were you carrying the cat?

It's never fun to fall down the stairs, but why were you carrying the cat?
It was treat time and he was being lazy. I should have just dropped him off at the top of the stairs.

Maybe he interpreted it as it being a treat for you to carry him up and down the stairs?

I think Intuit pays shareholders over $2 million per day in dividends. And their help forums are so helpful. Like, you can find threads that are over two years old, regularly updated by helpdesk, but with recent posts of people complaining about the unresolved issues. Like, I thought I just couldn't figure something out, but turns out basic things in their software is just continuously broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom