RANDOM RANTS XXV: Put a Smile On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate being dumb

You're not dumb. You generally spell & punctuate well, you're a little naive but hardly ignorant and you're young. You may not be an intellectual high-flier, but being smart only makes life easy if you know what to do with the cerebral mass :D

There are worse things than being 'dumb', aimee. Don't think so badly of yourself.

Yeah, sometimes it gets really frustrating reading here political arguments and not knowing what it is about. Even that political ad with all the sheep, people said it was very simple but I did not get it.

Simple matter, Aimee - ignore it. Most politics, especially foreign politics, is not worth getting angry or upset about! :)

Yeah, sometimes it gets really frustrating reading here political arguments and not knowing what it is about. Even that political ad with all the sheep, people said it was very simple but I did not get it.
Again, there's worse things than that. btw follow Arakhor's advice on this one. He may be English but he occasionally gets somethign right.

It can get hard when 99% of OT is politecs.

Aimee, you're on the internet! When you don't understand something, go to two of my best friends, Wikipedia, and Google. They're never too busy, and both are always eager to help in any situation.

I mean, if it wasn't for either of those sites, I wouldn't understand half the things going on here too :crazyeye:

Well the only thing I really know much about is something I cant really mention here (I think you can all figure out what it is).

Again, there's worse things than that. btw follow Arakhor's advice on this one. He may be English but he occasionally gets somethign right.

I'll take all the encouragement I can get from a sweaty sock :D

Well the only thing I really know much about is something I cant really mention here (I think you can all figure out what it is).

Tom Petty? :)

Tom Petty? :)

Yup, but nobody really cares too much about what I know here.. And anyways I cant really post it (except in Arts and Entertainment board).

No one is particularly interested in the line of succession of the English monarchs since Alfred the Great and their regnal dates either. :(

Im not too sure what "regnal" even means. Didnt some of the monarchs got kicked out?

Regnal = kingly. One's regnal name is the name you choose to be crowned as. Albert, Duke of York, was crowned as King-Emperor George VI, for instance. Our monarchs decided to get killed off in many different, exciting ways. Edmund Ironside was impaled on a spear when he was on the commode, Edward II was "stabbed" with a red-hot poker and Charles I walked and talked half an hour after his head was cut off :)

Edmund II, not the 20th Century general of the same name :D

Charles I walked and talked half an hour after his head was cut off :)

How is that possible. I read there was a headless chicken that ran around because its brainstem was still there but I dont see how a person could

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom