Random Raves #39: Life is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes more sense.
Given how much I enjoy trolling MRAs, I might need to break my rule about never posting on youtube.

It's tons of fun. They get so angry and never seem to catch on that you are trolling them, even when you start to make it blatantly obvious.

MRA?

Though I'm heavily assuming you're talking about the Metal Roofing Alliance.

Yeah, I really have it in for those who make roofing out of metals. They need to make roofs out of proper roofing materials. Asphalt shingles forever! :lol:

In all seriousness though, I'm talking about the men's rights activists, which I'm sure you gathered. It's not that I'm totally against the cause, I just don't like a great many of the types of people the cause attracts. For me, the quality of the people who are involved in any particular cause is a much bigger determining factor in whether or not I will support it than the actual message of the cause itself. This leads me to sometimes actively work against causes that I actually agree with just because I don't like the people advocating it and want to see them fail.

Suffice to say, some areas of exploration are best left for those retirement years when you have more time to reconnoitre such matters. :cringe:
Just a couple mirrors…
Practice with a blanket before removing the saddle entirely!
You're speaking about sex, aren't you?
And wear a condom!

I mean, what?
Sounds as if you were speaking candidly and from personal experience.

Just booked a $585 USD after tax return flight from Toronto to Tokyo :banana: Found a sweet deal and finally pulled the trigger. Will be there for 3 and a half weeks in late September and early October. Incredible savings on flight that I still can't really believe means that I can upgrade my hotel for the first week in Tokyo from capsule to something a bit better

So far on my must-do list: Shibuya, Shinjuku, Golden gai at night, Akihabara, Tea ceremony in Kyoto, Kaiseki meal, Nikko, Mt. Fuji, Sumo tournament (Apparently a big one wraps up on September 25th, so hopefully tickets aren't too crazy, would be cool to go to an intense sumo matchup)

So far on my maybe-do list: Kamakura and Enoshima beaches, Koyasan, Robot Cafe, Osaka

Need to do a lot more research

:thumbsup: How many turns does the research take?

Rave: David Bowie :love:

:thumbsup: How many turns does the research take?

74 turns

Also found a very competitively priced 3-4 star hotel in Shinjuku! Exactly where I want to be. Well, I hope so now, because I booked it for 8 nights. Was 40% off or something. Been looking at hotel prices for the past week and a half, only capsule hotels and 1-2 star hotels were this cheap, and most of the 1-2 star hotels even weren't. And those looked kinda crap. The room I booked has a private bathroom, fridge, free wifi and free breakfast. So when the cheap price came up I jumped on it.

So far the flight and 8 nights at the hotel cost me almost exactly as much as my return flight to New Zealand 6 years ago. Money saved here will likely be spent on sushi

I'm all in now. Can't believe it's only 74 turns away

You do know there's more things to eat in Japan than just sushi?

My day, all I have to say is...

Well, come on, don't just leave us hanging with that, tell us what happened! :D

I'm back in my room. With my things.

My computer.

My books.

My wardrobe.

Holy crap, CivG must have either gotten a job or a new packet of gumdrops.

Life is good. Have a job where I get 40 hours every week... it does not use my degrees and it isn't amazing but just having a job is good.

Or he got a job at a gumdrop factory and met his new gf there?

My Rift is finally shipping. Jesus wept.

Let's not get carried away here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom