Random Raves XLII: How Amazingly Unlikely is Your Birth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Devil's Lettuce will be legalized here on October 17th.

I've been holding off on one of my last attempts at treatment, CBD oil, until this news. The idea of becoming a criminal wasn't high up on my list of to-dos. Now I know I just need to wait three months and then I can try it safely. :D

The Devil's Lettuce will be legalized here on October 17th.

I've been holding off on one of my last attempts at treatment, CBD oil, until this news. The idea of becoming a criminal wasn't high up on my list of to-dos. Now I know I just need to wait three months and then I can try it safely. :D

Wait, fill me in - didn't the Canadian Supreme Court (whatever it's called) rule that Canada's existing ban on cannabis was unconstitutional, thus making it de facto legal in Canada? What ended up happening with that?

Wait, fill me in - didn't the Canadian Supreme Court (whatever it's called) rule that Canada's existing ban on cannabis was unconstitutional, thus making it de facto legal in Canada? What ended up happening with that?

Depends on where you were. It was still illegal but police ultimately had discretion on how to enforce it. You could go to a dispensary here in Vancouver, for example, and buy stuff without a medical license 20 times without a problem but then suddenly get stopped on the 21st try and end up with a drug charge. They also treated CBD the same as THC, so even if you weren't looking to get high you were still out of luck if you wanted to play it safe.

You could also deal with a bunch of cops and just walk away with a warning but then have the last cop treat you like a felon. Very hit or miss, and honestly something I did not want to deal with at all. Especially if it ended up helping and I needed to keep getting more.

For what it's worth re: CFC's drug policies, CBD is legal in the US.

Depends on where you were. It was still illegal but police ultimately had discretion on how to enforce it. You could go to a dispensary here in Vancouver, for example, and buy stuff without a medical license 20 times without a problem but then suddenly get stopped on the 21st try and end up with a drug charge. They also treated CBD the same as THC, so even if you weren't looking to get high you were still out of luck if you wanted to play it safe.

You could also deal with a bunch of cops and just walk away with a warning but then have the last cop treat you like a felon. Very hit or miss, and honestly something I did not want to deal with at all. Especially if it ended up helping and I needed to keep getting more.

For what it's worth re: CFC's drug policies, CBD is legal in the US.

Kinda sounds like the situation in DC: DC voted to legalize in 2014, but the initiative was defunded by the Republican Congress and so it exists to this day in a kind of legal limbo.

Anyway, when you said "here" in post 862, did you mean in Canada, just in your province, or just in your city or something?

Now you're really going to have to defend the border, from the inevitable stampede ;)

I can't even express how relieved I am. One of my toenails had grown too thick and too long to cut off, partially ingrown, and I was just living with it... thinking about going to a doctor but putting it off. Now it fell off all on its own... it only took four months.

I've always used straight edge clippers. They can handle anything. The standard curved edge clippers are an abomination but everyone uses them. :mad:

That's it, I'm going to Canada. A quick sail over the north pole and I'm there.

Oh, right...
Some people from the center to actual left are touting the Nordic countries as some kind of lefty Utopia, but afaik your drug laws are still based on zero tolerance idiocy.

Disclaimer/Ignorance: My post was based on old half-knowledge of Sweden. Please correct me if it's different in Norway.

Oh, right...
Some people from the center to actual left are touting the Nordic countries as some kind of lefty Utopia, but afaik your drug laws are still based on zero tolerance idiocy.

Disclaimer/Ignorance: My post was based on old half-knowledge of Sweden. Please correct me if it's different in Norway.

Norway is Sweden. :think:

Nah, linguistically it's more Denmark-y.
I can't even express how relieved I am. One of my toenails had grown too thick and too long to cut off, partially ingrown, and I was just living with it... thinking about going to a doctor but putting it off. Now it fell off all on its own... it only took four months.
Eeehh…? How did that thing even fit within your shoes?

Oh, come on. No need for baiting.
I just want to know if there's meaningful diference in the drug laws.

Clearly you need instruction, Synsensa:

Oh, right...

Dunno about the rest of the Nordic countries but Norway has been taking some very important baby steps lately in leaving Nixonian drug laws behind. Decriminalisation is happening even though the process is slow. Heard a lecture the other day from a dad who had lost his son to suicide after the police revoked his son's drivers license after cannabis use. Even though there was no suspicion that the had been driving under the influence. That's only one of many stories where authorities have been creative in maximising punishment for recreational cannabis use.
Legalisation and legal regulated distribution of drugs with relatively low health risk faktors like cannabis might well be many years away but the writing on the wall is clear in that it's the direction it's going.

norwegian is more similar to swedish than to danish

psa for y'all
Verbally yes probably but written it's basically danish with a twist.

We've all seen DK/NO on European packaging, right? I dunno who keeps shipping Denmark with Norway, but Sweden's probably feeling left out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom