Random Thoughts XIV: Pizza, Pomegranate Juice, and Shreddies

One of the biggest reasons people don't read newspapers anymore is because you don't have paperboys waving newspapers in public thoroughfares while being dressed like this

21c27ae9b57bb227c9e1a620cb856b55.jpg

Today is Pie Day in the US (or in any other country where people write the date with the month first and the day second). I think I'll grab a pie at the store on the way home. They usually have apple, blueberry and pecan.

Spoiler :
Because today is 3.14.

Today is Pie Day in the US (or in any other country where people write the date with the month first and the day second).
Hmmm. I should have a separate Pi Day on the 31st of April.

Hmmm. I should have a separate Pi Day on the 31st of April.
Surely you have to do it this way, else it gets silly when you add the year. We shall ahve to wait until AD 15926 for the next proper one as we missed AD 1592 (Pi = 3.1415926)

Surely you have to do it this way, else it gets silly when you add the year. We shall ahve to wait until AD 15926 for the next proper one as we missed AD 1592 (Pi = 3.1415926)

We Europeans, using a more logical date format, will have a real Pi day on 3.1.4159, only a little more than 2000 years from now.

I really wish I could like it. :(
I hesitate to critique such a statement, but with the range of foodstuffs that can can be described as "pie" I find it strange they could all be refereed to in such sweeping terms. One of my standard dishes is a low carb subtly flavoured fish pie, and comparing that to my robustly flavoured low fat game pie and the "apple, blueberry and pecan" refereed to above encompass a large part of the "food space".
We Europeans, using a more logical date format, will have a real Pi day on 3.1.4159, only a little more than 2000 years from now.
I was being stupid, of course that is the way to do the date.

Don't like the taste or does your body not like it?
I hesitate to critique such a statement, but with the range of foodstuffs that can can be described as "pie" I find it strange they could all be refereed to in such sweeping terms. One of my standard dishes is a low carb subtly flavoured fish pie, and comparing that to my robustly flavoured low fat game pie and the "apple, blueberry and pecan" refereed to above encompass a large part of the "food space".
I'm generally okay with the smaller pies that have meat and vegetables. It's the fruit/nut pies that I can't wrap my taste buds around. They're so overpowering, and even the milder ones evoke almost a gag reflex. It's disappointing since fruit pies are ubiquitous in most cultures. It feels like I'm missing out. I try every few years but it's yet to click.

I'm actually almost due for another attempt.

My favourite type of sweet pie which has fruit in it is mince pies, with a teaspoon of brandy butter (with loads of brandy) put under the lid before you microwave it for ~15 seconds.

You mean the actual pince mies that have no mince?

Hot apple pie with ice cream is quite wonderful. And if you don't care for the ice cream, add a slice of cheddar cheese to the top of the hot slice of pie.

I will be celebrating Pi Day with a chicken pot pie. It goes well with my continuing reading of a Harry Potter fanfic that is up to 542 chapters so far. I'm only behind by a bit over 100 chapters.

One of the biggest reasons people don't read newspapers anymore is because you don't have paperboys waving newspapers in public thoroughfares while being dressed like this

View attachment 686511
Rupert Murdoch ruined every newspaper he bought.
But the Dirty Digger's influence is waning, as is evident from the rise of high quality media outlets like the BBC.

British Vogue's new editor says she has big shoes to fill

Probably Navalnaya's. (The Devil wears Pravda).

Top Bottom