Random Thoughts XIV: Pizza, Pomegranate Juice, and Shreddies

Which only requires a tiny bit of proof-reading to spot. Need I quote Peter Parker here?

I mean, CFC has specially formatted text for mod actions for a reason. Bold /=/ divine intervention. And it seems silly to think that a moderator is using their moderator status to rally to Taylor Swift's defense. Unless we think BJ is Travis Kelce.

Which only requires a tiny bit of proof-reading to spot. Need I quote Peter Parker here?
I tried multiple times to unbold the text. Nothing I did worked. Thanks @Synobun

EDIT: Fixed the bolding!!

Last edited:
Two options:

Highlight the text and click the very first option in the ribbon that says "Remove formatting" when you hover over it, or at the very right of the ribbon, click on the two brackets [ ] and switch it to BB code mode, and then you can remove the code manually.

I tried multiple times to unbold the text. Nothing I did worked. Thanks @Synobun

EDIT: Fixed the bolding!!
Not sure which browser you’re using, on Firefox, I tend to use paste without formatting.

They're both USians and I have no way of telling them apart.
Thank you! Yes that's me.

1703189797506.png

(blows whistle)

200 pushups as punishment for wasting time online during training hours.

Can anybody take seriously Taylor Swift's (present) boyfriend, when the thing she's most famous for after her music is her ending relationships?

Isn't the only way of thinking about Travis Kelce is that he is Taylor Swift's boyfriend for the nonce?

How is it she takes seriously the relationship she presently happens to be in?

just at the moment

It derives that meaning, Samson, from the sense in which I used it.

A "nonce word" is one made up just for some immediate circumstance.

I didn't think this was a rare idiom.

Can anybody take seriously Taylor Swift's (present) boyfriend, when the thing she's most famous for after her music is her ending relationships?

Isn't the only way of thinking about Travis Kelce is that he is Taylor Swift's boyfriend for the nonce?

How is it she takes seriously the relationship she presently happens to be in?

This implication has always bugged me, so I decided to look it up. 12 relationships in ~15 years does not seem particularly outrageous, especially when most of those were short-lived flings that lasted only a couple months. It's not surprising they rarely last long when there are people literally paid to follow Swift around the clock to take photos of her and release smear pieces on her relationships and decisions. And she can hardly be a chronic relationship wrecker milking it for dollar dollar bills when her last relationship was from 2016 to 2023.

It's not the sheer number, it's that she's famous for it. Maybe because she writes a song about each one after the fact.:dunno:

One can always laugh at celebrities, particularly pop-oriented ones are prone to behavior which is unwittingly comedic ^^ That's all fine. The problem arises when they get an army of defenders who are cult-like.
They do vary greatly, though. I don't have any intention of presenting in a negative light her young fans who see her as an idol; that's a very natural process in life, and their need to protect her idol is in essence a need to protect their own self.
There are quite a few unsavory characters who can ride along that group, however; death-threats against people (eg on social media) who dare criticize her are ominously common.

It derives that meaning, Samson, from the sense in which I used it.

A "nonce word" is one made up just for some immediate circumstance.

I didn't think this was a rare idiom.
Yeah okay it did seem a bit random you were calling the dude a pedophile. Thought I must have missed some news.

Have never heard the term used any other way than that.

And I've never heard it your way.

But one tends to encounter it, in my sense, in the fixed expression "for the nonce."

So if you see it with those words, it's safe.

Top Bottom