1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RaRE] RaR Extended: a combined modmod for the RaR modification

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Creation & Customization' started by Commander Bello, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

I loaded it via my classic shortcut that says ""D:\Games\Civilization 4 Complete\Colonization\Colonization.exe" mod= mods\Religion_and_Revolution_Extended"

And sure thing, when it loads, in the right upper corner it says Religion and Revolution Extended, the only thing that is different from a normal RaR. I played all evening yesterday, it looks as a normal RaR...

Weird, right?

2. Gub

Gub Chieftain

When loading latest RaRE. In the town screen you cant see any colonists nor the numbers of resources bellow. Loading just RaR 2.4 works fine.

3. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Most likely you aren't using the correct DLL file. You have to pick the DLL from either 1 or 2 plot city radius and copy it to Assets and overwrite the one already there. If that doesn't help, then you need to open CivilizationIV.ini and enable python errors (yes it's called civ even in colonization). It gets so much easier to figure out what went wrong if the game provides an error message about which line/function, which failed.

4. Gub

Gub Chieftain

I was not aware of that. There was no mention of this in the OP or readme.txt, and compile options txt spoke on making changes to those who want to change plot 2->1. I figured I'd just keep the defaults. I'll try doing it later..

5. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

Hi Nightinggale - I'd like to merge RaRE into the next version of RaR (2.5). Are you fine with this approach?

6. General_Jah

General_Jah Chieftain

I just realized there is RaRE and have tried installing it to play it. However, I cannot seem to get the scenarios or maps to load. I have left the public maps folder in its default location and also tried copying it to assets and still no dice. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

http://screencast.com/t/zjkppdqhKNz

7. General_Jah

General_Jah Chieftain

I tried to reinstall everything on RaRE and now it crashes when I try to load the mod.

Install is a bit trickier than a normal mod so let me outline what I did.

1) copy RaRE 2.5 to MODS folder
    2) copy RaRE 2.5.2 into the assets folder
    3) copied the 2 plot folder into assets folder
    4) Copied the RaR art and sounds folders into the assets folders

That's it

Thanks!

8. Gub

Gub Chieftain

^ Its rather basic. Just extract the mod into the mods folder as you always do, and make sure to copy the patch into the right folder.

The confusion stems from the 1/2 plot option, that you have to set before playing (no default set) by basically copying the relevant CvGameCoreDLL.dll to the assets folder. The problem is that in RaRE 2.5 it comes in the DLL folder and in RaRE 2.5.2 it comes in the main folder so it can be a little confusing. But overall not a big deal.

To me TAC mod is as necessary for colonization first play-through as patch and the RAR\E mod is next logical expansion for those who want more. I really enjoyed the mod, thanks for everyone who made it happen !

9. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

Nightinggale - how can I manage that the DLL for 1 or 2 city plot radius is generated? When I compile I get only the DLL for the 2 plot radius.

10. General_Jah

General_Jah Chieftain

That sounds like what I did, do you see anything wrong with my directory structure I have in the screenshot?

11. Gub

Gub Chieftain

No, its fine. Jut IMO it would have been better if RaRE 2.5.2 archive followed the mods directory structure more closely, and one of the Dlls was already used as default.

12. General_Jah

General_Jah Chieftain

Hrm so no clue then why the mod would crash when I try to load it?

13. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

Hm, maybe it is obsolete since the new Version of RaR includes the changes of RaRE...you could try 2.5

14. Diegozubi

Diegozubi Chieftain

Amazing Schmiddie!! I did not entered here in months since I could not play the game, and seeing that you guys are back on RaR is very cool, and even more that you have included Nightinggale work.
    I was working on a Spanish translation, but left it some time ago due a lack of time. I will try to resume it with RaR 2.5. Thanks!

15. Teskal

Teskal Chieftain

Where is the RAR 2.5 version?

16. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  17. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

These mods are all OUTDATED! You only need the latest version of RaR 2.5 :)

These mods should not be compatible with RaR 2.4 or later versions!

18. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

All the chips of these mods are included in your mod?

19. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

I don't know. I assume they are not all included.

20. eXPonent_123

eXPonent_123 Warlord

But how do you download them then that would look?
    It's a pity that all of them have sunk into oblivion ...