Rat 22 - AWE RaR large pangaea

Our Elephant Army captures Elephantine.
:lol:

:goodjob: Team

nice and fast finish, I didn't think we can win that fast

So, are we going for AWDG or AWE with restrictions?

and, is there ANYBODY out there that wants to join our team for the new game?

I think we can move to AWDG. I consider this only slightly harder than regular AWE.

I wouldn't mind the "you must raze a town to get past it" restriction. It is hard to define exactly, but the general intent is clear. I think when I tried this, I allowed going into any of the 20 workable squares of a town on the border, but not past them.

Continents might be better - meeting too many ppl at first is a bummer.

ThERat, you could start a thread but not the game yet (we can start discussing civs perhaps) and do the normal "recruitment". We did actually get enough players in this game, but then some had RL issues and comp problems get in the way. If we don't get a fourth, we can decide whether we want to play or not. If we state that we are willing to take a newer player and help them learn AW it opens the doors to more ppl.

you're right, I will start a new thread tomorrow

lurker's comment: I thought of an AW variant that could be quite fun and/or very hard. Wasn't intended for RaR, but I suppose it could be played on it. The game is, once you get to 30 percent land, you can't expand anymore or raze anymore cities, you must simply defend your borders until you launch an SS. The rule is kind of easy to exploit and get around (like staying at 29% while conquering the world) but if you just get the spirit of the variant it's fine.

Not a signup, don't have time and RaR doesn't work for me in SG's (some graphics error).

hmmm I have a question... I Downloaded RaR 1.03 Extended(I think) but you guys are playing 1.04 Beta Basic? I downloaded that but all the graphics where missing, where could I get them all?

Thanks

yeah I did what he said with the inqusitor & stuff... but there where other files that where missing so I couldnt even load my game :( how did you get your graphics for the game that where missing other than the ones that are told 2 you in that post. Im asking alot so sry :( I MUST play 1.04 :lol:

I think the 1.04 is a patch. Did you install the main full version first?

I got this idea from a post in the Emp1 thread if you have. Reading it might help as I believe empire maker had some issues at first. Doc T comments in that thread. If that doesn't work try for an older RaR game (but not too old).

I think I'll sign, but I only got one more month to play before I attend graduate school here.

By then, I will still have Internet connection, but no computer of my own.

Top Bottom