Rate Star Wars movies out of 10

I think episode III was the defining point in the 2 trilogies.And if anyone says the Luke Skywalker was the chosen one is surely dont understand the series.It was Vader all the way,especially he lived up to his destiny in episode 6 in 'Return of the Jedi."The jedi" wasn't Luke but Anakin returning back into the jedi way by being redeemed by his son Luke.

I was really looking forward to Revenge of the Sith, but I was disappointed with it because we didn't get to see Darth Vadar in action, hunting and striking down the other Jedi, like it was explained in the later Episodes. I was hoping for some kick-ass Vadar action, and all we got was "NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOO!" :rolleyes:

We didn't even get to see him take out the young Jedi students. Or the Sand People in Ep. 2.

So, my rankings for the series:

10/10 - Empire Strikes Back. The winter battle on Hoth, Imperial Walkers, Frozen Han, Luke getting owned. What's not to like?

9/10 Star Wars Ep. IV - It was a great standalone story, despite borrowing from myths and fairytales.

8/10 Return of the Jedi - Battles with Jabba's forces and the end scenes almost make up for muppets-gone-wild.

5/10 Revenge of the Sith - See above. It had a ton of potential, but it seemed too rushed and the storyline was forced to fit into the later episodes timeline. Basically, we miss out on Vadar. The lightsaber fight with Yoda and the Emperor help redeem it. Despite all of it's shortcomings, it's still better than the other prequels...

4/10 - The Phantom Menace. Things that were good: Qui Gon Jin. Darth Maul. Lightsaber battles. Things that were bad: Jar-Jar. Jar-Jar. Oh, yeah. And Jar-jar. Wooden lines, abound. Stoic acting by my beloved Natalie Portman (at the director's request, I am sure). The Pod race scene was too long.

1/10 - Attack of the Clones. Stupidest. Name. Ever. I would have given it a three or four, but the name killed it for me. Yoda's fight with Dooku (another stupid name) was the only selling point for me.

I thought the Revenge of the Sith was indeed the defining moment of the trilogy. It was like the climax to everything - the ultimate betrayal, the beginning of the prophecy, and the rise of Darth Vader. It was in a way, the beginning of the end and the end of the beginning.

Episode III is definitely my favorite of the trilogy.

Empire Strikes Back 10/10 - Was there anything wrong with that movie?

A New Hope 9/10 - The start to an amazing series.

Revenge of the Sith 8/10 - Amazing, just amazing.

Return of the Jedi 6/10 - It was okay, I liked IV and V a lot better.

Attack of the Clones 4/10 - It would've been lower if not for that epic battle on Genosis at the end.

Phantom Menace 0/10 - Jar-Jar Binks deserves to be shot, multiple times. This movie had no, absolutely zero redeeming qualities. I hated this movie.

I) pants, 1

II) alright 4

III) not seen it, will do but apparently it's the only one worth watching of the 3

IV) 8,an excellent movie, that left me raoming the streets with a light sabre, hell I still do now:)

V) also excellent, it was the perfect set up for the next movie, this is how trilogies are made 9

VI) my favourite so far, I'm odd, but even the muppets didn't put me off, the only thing I hated was the fact that The Empire disolved in five seconds, Rome wasn't built in a day nor was it destroyed in a day.:rolleyes: 10

There should be three sequels too, when I was a kid I heard there were plans to make nine movies, I'm waiting. Stop kiddifying it and you might get somewhere, let's keep it scarey fellas.

Star Wars: 9/10
Empire: 10/10
Jedi: 8/10

Phantom Menace: 3/10
Attack of the Clones: 2/10
Revenge of the Sith: 1/10

The prequel trilogy utterly sucked.
-Jar Jar smeggin Binks, that awful flying junkyard merchant and far too many special effects.
-Why did the prequel ships all look more sophisticated than the originals?
-Pod Racing??!?! Bollocks more like. What a load of utter ****. And why are we putting up with that annoying little brat? Give the little bugger a good hiding and send him to bed with no supper.
-Totally implausible droid army.
-Who decided Yoda talked like that? Go and watch him in the original films, yeah he talks strangely, but he absolutely does not put every sentence the wrong smeggin' way round. Does he say 'to begin the training, too old he is' no he effin' well doesn't.
-What utter penis decided the little green dude would use a lightsaber? The great Jedi master has the force as his ally, he doesn't need a flashy sword.
-Anakin goes bad, why exactly? And why can't he act? And why can't he spot blatant manipulation?
-Why doesn't anybody just slap the self-important **** and tell him to 'get a grip'? So your mother died, boo hoo, happens to us all mate, hardly a good reason to slaughter a roomfull of kids and plunge the galaxy into darkness is it?
-It's called 'The Phantom Menace' *cringe*
-It's called 'Attack of the Clones' *CRINGE*
-why doesn't that creature Obi-Wan rides smash every bone in its body to powder every time it jumps more than 10 feet? Let along the 100 foot drop...
-Kindly explain to me how any decent sized world can have an inhabited ocean passing through it's core.
-'NOOOOOOOO' - the audience in the cinema were giggling for freak's sake. Least dramatic scene ever.
-The fight on the lava flow *cringe*
-The fact that my suspension of disbelief was entirely used up by the end of the first minute of the opening battle in RotS.
-Please stop with the flying things that oh-so-obvously couldn't...
-The first half of AotC. *ZZZZZzzzzz*
-Are you seriously telling me only Yoda could detect the danger from the Clones? BS.

There must be lots more, but I for one can't be arsed to watch that load of drivel again to find out.

The prequels feel even worse in retrospect now, because I've finally seen the full magnitude of awesome that a Star destroyer can dish out... In Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader! If even a single space battle in those movies showed warships ripping loose the way that ISDs do in that game, the epic-ness of the battles would have shot up enough to start making up for the rest of their flaws.

Really, if a Gamecube can lay down that much turbolaser in real time, ILM should be able to put it on the big screen.

Yuri2356 said:
The prequels feel even worse in retrospect now, because I've finally seen the full magnitude of awesome that a Star destroyer can dish out... In Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader! If even a single space battle in those movies showed warships ripping loose the way that ISDs do in that game, the epic-ness of the battles would have shot up enough to start making up for the rest of their flaws.

Really, if a Gamecube can lay down that much turbolaser in real time, ILM should be able to put it on the big screen.

Get used to it, games have better plots and effects than films, Tomb raider is the perfect example, god hire the script writers for games, I mean Shadowman, sheez so disturbing and funky I wouldn't let my ma play it let alone kids watch it. And these morons get away with lazy script writing and attempted appeals to the majority, shoot them down, stop watching crap:)

In a galaxy far far away, Star wars could of been done sooo much better in the prequels.

brennan said:
-Anakin goes bad, why exactly? And why can't he act? And why can't he spot blatant manipulation?
Kinda obvious.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/n/a/2005/05/17/entertainment/e112754D99.DTL

As a prodigy with skills beyond his years, Anakin became seduced by the thought that he was destined for greater things than the average Jedi, said Lucas pal Steven Spielberg.

"I think it was simple ambition that turned him to the dark side," Spielberg said. "The trilogy says to me it's the dangers of that ambition. Look, he was in pod races at too young of an age. In this case, it was sort of the evil result of ambitions, being too ambitious for his own good."

Born into slavery on the desert planet Tatooine, Anakin was a mama's boy raised in a single-parent home never knowing who his father was. Identified by the Jedi as the next big thing, Force-wise, Anakin is whisked away to grow up under the tutelage of such galactic godfathers as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Mace Windu.

As a teenager, Anakin returns to Tatooine and slaughters a band of nomadic "sand people" for killing his mom, the Jedi apprentice's first steps toward a life of malevolence.

"Anakin comes from a single-mother upbringing. He had such an extreme attachment to his mother, and because of that, losing her obviously had massive impact on him," said Hayden Christensen, who plays Anakin.

In "Revenge of the Sith," Anakin's fear of losing the person he most loves — his wife, Padme Amidala — makes him an easy mark for the evil emperor-to-be, who tempts the young Jedi to the dark side with promises of boundless power that would allow him to save his woman.

"It really had to do with greed and the flip side of greed, which is possessiveness," Lucas said. "If you're a Jedi, you can't have possessiveness. You can love people, you can care about people, but you can't hold on to them. As a result, that's where he goes wrong, and it takes him down a path of gaining power, and that power corrupts itself. And pretty soon, he's thinking about becoming the emperor of the universe."

Ambition destroyed him.

Capulet said:
Kinda obvious.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/n/a/2005/05/17/entertainment/e112754D99.DTL

"It really had to do with greed and the flip side of greed, which is possessiveness," Lucas said. "If you're a Jedi, you can't have possessiveness. You can love people, you can care about people, but you can't hold on to them. As a result, that's where he goes wrong, and it takes him down a path of gaining power, and that power corrupts itself. And pretty soon, he's thinking about becoming the emperor of the universe."

Ambition destroyed him.

What an amzingly bad explanation, particularly Lucas's nonsense above.

Sorry, but "ambition" doesn't turn someone from nonevil yet angry person to mass murderer in the space of a few hours/days.

George Lucas said:
"It makes a good story,"

Incorrect.

I - 3/10... even the title sucks.
II - 4/10... this one was a little better, but not by much. Still pretty boring.
III - 9/10... Episode III was awesome. It just tied everything together and it all made sense.
IV - 7/10... Pretty good, but lack of action.
V - 8/10... I didn't really like the stuff with Lando in it but the rest was good.
VI - 9/10... Very good.

Empire, 9.
Now I'm older, I like its darkness (bringing it up from an 8), but as far as action goes, I consider it fairly lame. Battle for Hoth and Skywalker getting hammered about the most entertaining aspects for me. And Yoda. Gotta love the green fella.

Return of the Jedi, 9
Now that I'm older, the Ewoks are the only thing that detract in any way from this film for me. Jabbas Palace and the Dune Sea, the massive space battle at the end, (where the deathstar becomes a pincushion for a super star destroyer), the closest thing to an even lightsaber duel in the oiriginal trilogy, it was all cool.
Even the Ewoks had their moments. I don't think they were all that bad - seriously, from the accuracy of Stormtroopers guns in the other two films, did anyone actually expect them to win??

Revenge, 8.5
This was a mad film. Downsides were week acting in the quiet bits... anything involving Anakin and Padme together. Star Wars ain't a love story. Should not have tried to be one ;). Lightsaber duel at the end was cool, but might have been trying a little too hard to out do Dooku and Yoda (and Palpatine and Yoda, for that matter... how can you top Yoda?). Also, it wasn't one of the originals :)
On the upside for the film was its awesome opening sequence, the Palpatine/Yoda duel, the awesome planets, the emotion of having the Jedi order exterminated, and Anakin finally turning evil and becoming the bad guy we all wanted to see.

New Hope, 7.5
Not a bad film at all, although space battles were a little lame, as was Luke Skywalker's hair.
Probably had the best dialogue out of all the films. Vader rocked in this one, second only to his appearance in Empire.

Attack of the Clones, 6.5
Was quiet watchable, aside from the sopiness of Anakin/Padme. The Jedi v Droids in the arena was good, and Yoda v Dooku was awesome.

Phantom Menace, 4
This ranking is solely for the final duel, with penalties applied for letting an 8 year old fly a spacecraft. Basically, the Maul-Obiwan-QuiGon duel was the only good thing about this entire film. And the general special effects.

The rest of the film was tarnished by Binks and his froggy friends. And an over-long pod race. And a lame kid who is an insult to the Lord of Darkness he's meant to one day become. And the out-of-synch speaking bad guys of the trade federation. And that they killed off the only two decent characters in that particular movie - Maul and QuiGon.

Episode I- 6/10
Episode II- 8/10
Episode III- 9/10
Episode IV- 8/10
Episode V- 10/10
Episode VI- 9/10

For me all of the Star wars films are pure genius, much better than the cheesey hollywood garbage we get nowadays. Episode V is miles ahead of the rest in quality though.:cool:

Ep IV: 9/10
Ep V: 10/10
Ep VI: 8/10

Ep's I, II, & III: Bantha Poodoo

Yuri2356 said:

There are some "fun" levels in the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games, too.

Phantom Menace - 6/10

Would've been lower, (5) but this was the first Star Wars movie I saw (and payed attention to), so I'm a bit biased. Jake Lloyd sucked. Jar Jar wasn't that bad (for me), but I never liked the guy who played Anakin. The ending rocked, though. So did Liam Neeson.

Attack of the Clones - 4/10

Blech. The worst in the series. I was extremely dissapointed with this. I mean, how can you make a movie about an army of robots fighting an army of clones and jedi, with a Yoda fight scene and a badass mercenary and ruin it? With wooden acting, a love story and a drab storyline. But there were some awesome moments, like the parts on Kamino and Geonosis.

Revenge of the Sith - 8/10

This one was awesome. Tied everything together, the acting was (overall) better, an awesome space battle and lots of action. And a good storyline, too. The "Nooooooo!!!!" and the Darth Frankenstein parts keep it from a nine or ten.

A New Hope - 9/10

I love this movie. Best acting of the series. A good plot, too. The cantina scene was one of my earliest memories of a movie. Kinda slow, though, until the Death Star blew up.

Empire Strikes Back - 10/10

I used to dislike this movie. It was too dark and void of happy parts. But now that I'm older, I see at as the best movie in the series. It has everything. Humor, action, darkness, a fight between Luke and Vader, and the infamous plot twist... Great cinema.

Return of the Jedi - 9/10

I liked this one alot. Wasn't as good as Empire, but the Battle of Endor, the confrontation between the Emperor, Luke and Vader, and the Jabba's Palace part were awesome.

Top Bottom