RB-17: The Hippies

Zalson

Civ-apathetic
What gives man? Just chill!

Like, we're totally philosophical 'n' s***. Man, look within yourself.

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Make peace, not war. Dude, that's what we're all about. :smoke:

Hello, and welcome to RB-17, The Hippies. The Roster is the following:

"Zepyranth" Zalson
"Pheasant's Eye" Pholkhero
"Good Grass" GreyFox
"Roseblossom" rex-tyranus
"Bellflower" Bede

The Hippie Manifesto (At least for this SG)

Dude, we're all about freedom, but we totally understand that "Man is free, but everywhere in chains." Man, that's Deep!

So here's how we wanna play:

Dude, western numbers are so wierd, man. But oh well. Don't know any others.

1. Man, we don't wanna fight. We make peace, not war. If some other punk wants to fight, we try to give 'em some weed to calm down. Or something like that. (No war. Ever. It must be only defensive in nature, and the best defense in this case is by not moving into enemy territory; immediate fair peace)

2. Dude, we hate being oppressed. So we're gonna make sure it doesn't happen to our people. We can't police them, force them to fight for us (either by a complex system of vassals and lords, or by that far-out nationalism man), whip them, make them work the land and be attached to it, be really really reconciled, or train our troops to fight for our religion man. We're all into peace.

2a. At the end man, we should let everyone vote, let them speak freely, emancipate 'em, care about the environment, and either be all about pacifism, or about free religion.

3. We're politically active. Jus' cause we're non-violent doesn't mean we can stick it to the man!

4. Dude, we think that if you wanna fight for us, you gotta just go and do it. We can't build a barracks or a drydocks. Our dudes are volunteers.

5. We'll win this by being totally awesome in culture, having everyone like us, or by shooting away among the stars. Woah! I can already see them.

6. Dude, we gotta get drunk and high. We need incense for that. And wine man. But we're not gonna hurt those poor little critters. No furs. Oh and we don't wanna chop down forests, at least not that much (OOC: This is conditional)

Dudes, we're following Smokin' Saladin.

I'll post the save, and get some discussion later.

Peace!

Pheasant's Eye, checking in :lol:

"who is the Grateful Dead and why do they keep following me around?"

"And the white knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's lost her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head"​

1969 AD Woodstock, NY

Man, I was so totally in this perfect harmony. Jefferson Airplane had just finished playing their set. Some topless momma walked up to me and gave me a hit off her hookah.

But then this d**k with a megaphone drove by on a truck. "Don't take the blue acid," his voice screamed. "If you have taken the blue acid, please report to the medical station immediately."

That totally killed my buzz, 'cause I didn't remember which acid I took. I think it was, like, all of 'em. Man, I didn't feel weird or nothin', but I thought--just in case--I aughtta go.

When I got there, there were, like, four other guys ahead of me. And they were all strung out, staring at the ceiling. Man I knew I didn't take what they did, but it was too late.

Some nurse walked up and asked me to take my shirt off. But I couldn't get the buttons undone 'cause my fingers were, like, moving man. And then the light started swaying back and forth.

Whoa, man, did that chair just move?

Oh...ho... man, what happened to the ceiling?

So I woke up. Must have been like days later. I don't know. But I totally needed some food or something. But those dudes where there with me. They said they were Zepyranth, Pheasant's Eye, Good Grass, and Bellflower.

"I'm Roseblossum," I said. "Where are we?"

"It's like 'When are we'," Zeph said laughing. "That acid I gave you was a timewarp, man."

"It's 4,000 BC," he continued, "and we're gonna like re-shape the world in Jerry's image, man!"

"Far out," I said and the others nodded their agreement. "So where do we start?"

"Mecca," whispered Zeph. "Follow me."

This looks fun.
How about you guys actually going for unhealthy cities just to get that green smoke flowing free. Mmmm...
Almost gives you the munchies, doesn't it?

Dead Heads, all! And forever, Jerry lives on!

All's we need's is GreyFox to make an appearance... I'll post the start in the meam time...

Buddha is our buddy, but the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi is our guru. So, Hindu!

Hm, my lord (hallelujah)
My, my, my lord (hare krishna)
My sweet lord (hare krishna)
My sweet lord (krishna krishna)
My lord (hare hare)
Hm, hm (Gurur Brahma)
Hm, hm (Gurur Vishnu)
Hm, hm (Gurur Devo)
Hm, hm (Maheshwara)
My sweet lord (Gurur Sakshaat)
My sweet lord (Parabrahma)
My, my, my lord (Tasmayi Shree)
My, my, my, my lord (Guruve Namah)
My sweet lord (Hare Rama)

I think settle in place ~

should we go for a heavy religion push using Great Priests?

Logistics: play 20 the first round, then to the standard ten.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude! I was like, walking with some people, and we decided to settle down. I was like, "Wicked, man."

There were a buncha guys with clubs and I was like "Woah!" I told them to go and check out the area. They told me they were, like, an army, 'n' I was like, "Whooooooah!" That's totally not cool.

I told them to go and :smoke: some. Then they told me we had no grass to smoke, so I told them to go find some! After all, I am, like, the leader.

So they went off and did whatever they did. And then we started, back at good ol' Mecca, to try and learn how to think when we were floored. So we sat and thought.

Oh, and I started another group, like the hookah meister's. After all, we gotta find some more grass!

So off they went. And we just chilled for a while.

So like, a while later, my guys came back, saying they'd found some CRAZY guys playing drums. And I told to go and like make nice. Go say high. Go smoke a bowl.

They thought that idea was way cool, so they gave us a crazy map of the area. Man, there're a lot of elephants 'n' this crazy jungle! All OOC stuff will be bolded: I think Iron Working needs to be a priority. As do lots of workers. But not yet

A really long time later, we find another village.

:eek:Woah man! That was some bad tripping.

Dude, the Hookah Meister's stood no chance. That was SOOO not cool. Good thing I decided told our dudes to train up some more.

Oh well. "Let's smoke!" isn't good diplomacy, apparently. Stupid squares.

Like, crap Man! That was so not cool! We were meditating 'n' junk and were almost there. :cry:

Dude, we're going for Hinduism! That entire "meditation" thing didn't seem to work out well.

Well, the Hookah Meister's are trained again. Some came back, to teach us better ways. Since the east is explored, I think they should go seek the west.

They agreed man. They also told me to just chill!

Hmmm... maybe the reason we did so bad at that whole "meditation" thing was cause we couldn't tell the time. We just spent too much time smoking!

I start this big circle of rocks... we might work on it some more... who knows? I'm going to switch off if we don't get hinduism

Like, a while later, we see some other dudes, in a village playing drums. The Hookah Meister's told them of what happened last time, and they gave us some $! ALLRIGHT!

So, I'm just chilling at the palace... and I meet this guy named Alex. He says we should crush on some people, which we don't think is cool, but apparently he does. Dude, that kind of sucks. What gives man. C'mon, smoke a bowl.

I decide that we need to be able to eat something, and learn something. So I stop us from making that big stone thing, and tell our dudes to try and get ready to do a little growing. And build roads, and stuff.

And, like clockwork, we now lose Hinduism. :sad:

Damn it, man. I might blow my top. I stop us learning about those stupid things and go smoke some more. Tell the people how to do something useful, like make rice grow. I'm hungry.

Whatever, I'm out.

The Save:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/RB17-The_Hippies_BC-3200.Civ4SavedGame

I guess Gandhi likes buddhism. Like, sorry guys. The worker should finish for Pheasanty Pholk to be able to build a nice road to the rice, and then farm it.

@Kylearan: Indeed. If it was a SP game, I woulda trashed it and restarted. But man, we just roll with the punches.

Oh, and would someone rename the warriors "Hookah Meisters." I forgot :sad:

Like, man, i got to go wake and bake but then i'm all over this game. (ooc: i hope i didn't bring my saladin bad luck to this game :( -- See PR01: An OOC Diplo Excursion)

:smoke:

gooooooooot it, bra ~

This Mecca thing's not turning out like we planned, huh? Man, I even bet there's some dudes who already think it's too crowded. But that's what a love-in's supposed to be, so I say we just chill.

That whole quest for enlightenment was kind of a drag, but it's okay. Budah's still our buddy. So's Vishnu, man. We just need to be tollerant of our neighbors' beliefs.

Look on the bright side. We don't have to build that stone circle thing anymore. (Though that would have been far out for bon-fires, man).

OOC: I'm going to make a concerted effort to NOT be Tommy Chong when in character. There are other ways to take Hippie, aren't there?

How about Carlton the Doorman?

I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin’.
I see bad times today.

Don’t go around tonight,
Well, it’s bound to take your life,
There’s a bad moon on the rise.

I hear hurricanes ablowing.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.

Don’t go around tonight,
All right!

Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Looks like we’re in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.

Don’t go around tonight,

Done my turns. Polising [thats Policing for errors and Polishing it up ~ Polising] my report to keep up the standards.

T00/3200bc:
Like, wow, man. Check all those bananas….BA NA NAs…what a crazy word. Banana, banana :dance: work all night gonna drink a’rum!

T03/3080bc:
Hey, dude, what’s up?

Hey, man, what do you think of the Alex guy?

Oh yeah, me too, man, meeee tooo. Right on, brother. I think we’re on the same wavelength here. Wanna, go….uh…ya’ know..burn one down? Er…talk about something else, I mean?

T07/2920bc:
Okay, so, we finally convince Bill and Ted to go off and start walking back and forth to the rice patties to make a road to there. They were already drinking and walking around the village. We thought, why not make them useful. the road will finish in 2, just in time to farm it. Mecca starts on stone ~ hmm…no, not just yet. Warrior is due in 3, and I think we need another city. Where, I’m not sure . . . I will leave it up to the group.
Oh, I almost forgot. :smoke: the village decides to send Dr Hookenstein westward, to keep an eye on the trees out there. He can talk to them anyway.

T09/2840bc:
“Oh, man, look, if we plant these seeds into the ground, we can grow it! That’s awesome. Then, we’ll never run out. Let’s go tell Bill and Ted and they can put them in the rice patties. Dude, we’ll be :smoke: by harvest time!”

Agr is done, and I choose animal husbandry for the cows west of us where I want to stick the next city, unless I see a better site east. Road finished,. Worker starts on to farm. Dr Hookenstein ends up next a barb archer; the good Doc is in the forest.

T10/2800bc:
“Ahhh…tragedy. The good doctor is lost to a bunch of freak-out, fascist squares. They totally made him republican :cry:”

And our warrior is done at Mecca. I start another one because we need it!

T12/2720bc:
This time, our new warrior prevails!

He's so at peace with the trees, he disappears this is a bug i've seen. sometimes, my units become invisible i combat He earns himself a new name: Earthdog.
I’ve found a visual cue, I think, for victory and defeat: when the AI attacks you in the inter-turn, if, in the animation, YOU move onto the attackers square, you will win the fight. If THE ATTACKER moves onto your unit’s square, you will lose.

One god you say? Yeah, but...does he smoke weed, man??

Nice. Good grief ~ so, we’re not going heavy religion, eh? Use Philosophy trait for Great Artist spam and cultural??

...to be continued...

Top Bottom