RB1 - Cuban Isolationists

Sound+Vision said:
It's because the 2nd person singular in the nominative case in old english is "thou" -- "thee" is the accusative I believe.

If that isn't the best first post ever on any message board, then I don't know what is. Is there any chance you were googling old english syntax for a paper or something, this thread came up, and you signed up and posted just for corrective purposes? If there was ever proof that playing video games can be educational, there's the QED.

DisruptiveIdiot said:
Why hast thou forsaken us? :cry:

OK, OK. I'll post a piece of my report tonight.

Woops, no I won't! CFC Upload Server is currently unreachable? (Truly!)

Oh well, it's fate. :crazyeye: I'll post tomorrow. :)

- Sirian

NOOOOO!!!!

Sirian! Thou hast betrayed your devout followers of the Church of Hydra!!

(In one of my games, I managed to found Buddhism, Judaism, and Hinduism in my capital of Thebes. I renamed it Hydropolis, and called the narrow isthmus it was on The Hyrda's Way. :) )

Farae said:
NOOOOO!!!!

Sirian! Thou hast betrayed your devout followers of the Church of Hydra!!

(In one of my games, I managed to found Buddhism, Judaism, and Hinduism in my capital of Thebes. I renamed it Hydropolis, and called the narrow isthmus it was on The Hyrda's Way. :) )

Wow... I mean, I like this thread a lot. Sirian and Sullla are doing a fantastic game that if entertaining as well as helpful to us Civ IV noobs.

But ... :eek: just wow on that.

@_@

I am not insulting them or actually getting mad, I am joking. I have been following this thread for a long time, and I can wait. I am patient. :)

If they took it as assaulting, I am deeply sorry. :sad:

And this IS VERY helpful to noobs like me, I absolutely love this thread.

oopsy poopsy said:
If that isn't the best first post ever on any message board, then I don't know what is. Is there any chance you were googling old english syntax for a paper or something, this thread came up, and you signed up and posted just for corrective purposes? If there was ever proof that playing video games can be educational, there's the QED.

Actually, I used to have a different account (like a year ago or something) that I forgot the name and password to since I'm mainly a lurker...
Saw that post and couldn't resist though... and I'm not even an english major! (Papers = :( )

</end offtopic>

Farae said:
@_@

I am not insulting them or actually getting mad, I am joking. I have been following this thread for a long time, and I can wait. I am patient. :)

If they took it as assaulting, I am deeply sorry. :sad:

Nonsense. Even if you had been poking fun, we're a bunch of goofballs over here at RB. We can take it. :) If you can't laugh at yourself, what use are you, anyway? :lol:

Sometimes the most entertaining thing for me is to make people groan. If a joke is so overdone, overused, and overexpected, and so wretchedly tired that they actually GROAN at it, I find that deliciously hilarious. Plus people feel better about their own sense of humor if they are rolling their eyes at how awful mine can be sometimes. ;) Fun is a state of mind. :cooool:

Actually, "Church of Hydra" has a nice ring to it. Hmm... :mischief:

(Wanders off to imagine what kind of kooky new variants to try next...) :lol:

- Sirian

Sirian said:
(Wanders off to imagine what kind of kooky new variants to try next...) :lol:

How about "The Atheist Variant" (TM):
--Can never have a state religion
--Can never found a religion
--Can never build temples
--Can never use any religious civics

Sound+Vision said:

This is currently being done in a SG here.

Sound+Vision said:

The stronger way would be to adopt Theocracy while having no state religion. This would prevent the spread of any religions not already present at the time. You could simply keep your borders closed until you can enact this, ensuring no religions ever appear in your empire! (I believe).

I'm sure we'll play something like this eventually. It won't be next up for me, though. Feeding the Hydra is exhausting work! I'll need a break from looking after religious priorities in my next game. :)

- Sirian

Sirian said:
The stronger way would be to adopt Theocracy while having no state religion. This would prevent the spread of any religions not already present at the time. You could simply keep your borders closed until you can enact this, ensuring no religions ever appear in your empire! (I believe).

I'm sure we'll play something like this eventually. It won't be next up for me, though. Feeding the Hydra is exhausting work! I'll need a break from looking after religious priorities in my next game. :)

- Sirian

DementedAvenger said:
This is currently being done in a SG here.

Sweetness.

Farae said:
Thou hast betrayed your devout followers of the Church of Hydra!!

Hope it's not too late to contribute to the Early Modern English grammar course: It's "Thou has betrayed thy devout followers." Check it out here. We don't need no education, we have Wikipedia.

I realize one thing: since Sulla's & Sirian's Fidel is in posession of all holy cities now, this makes all AIs inFidels. And the Holy Wars have just started :).

Faithfully, or should I say, fideliously waiting for the report. It's the only thing keeping me from putting together a neat, professional grad school application. I'm loving it.

Sirian said:
- Sirian

Hard to do as Religion can spread without Missionaries. Same as the Hydra spread around here.

-Rowain eagerly awaiting the continuation of this Masterpiece while at work

Crikey, some people are more addicted to this thread than to Lost.

Not hard to understand really :p Atleast cIV is belieavable! :p (runs out, cowering from the hail of flames sure to come)

One question on Sirian:king: : Are you going to update your web pages? It`s sad to see last update from March 2005 :sad:
I used to have a lot of fun :D and education :coffee: from reading it.

BTW Can`t wait for my own copy of civ. These threads keep me living :crazyeye: :mischief:

ZombiVoziKombi said:
Hope it's not too late to contribute to the Early Modern English grammar course: It's "Thou has betrayed thy devout followers." Check it out here. We don't need no education, we have Wikipedia.

Wouldn't it still be "Thou hast," as opposed to "Thou has," though?

And prithee, good sir, art thou verily posting from Croatia?

Marc

I think I am going through withdrawal of not having a Cuban Isolationist game post in over 25 hours and 7 minutes! :eek:

Dicorion said:
One question on Sirian:king: : Are you going to update your web pages? It`s sad to see last update from March 2005 :sad:
I used to have a lot of fun :D and education :coffee: from reading it.

BTW Can`t wait for my own copy of civ. These threads keep me living :crazyeye: :mischief:

My web pages kind of went dormant. I wrote for a smaller audience, the last year and a half, but ultimately that work affects a lot more people now.

I will open a Civ4 page before too long. Also write the closing remarks for my Civ3 page, which at this point is an archive. :)

- Sirian

Just remember: if you have a choice between taking your turns in an SG, or updating your web page, the SG must have higher priority :D

Speaking of your turns ... :groucho:

Top Bottom