RB12 - Roadkill

Thanks Knupp.

If the playing gets back to me soon, then I'll have to request an auto-skip - a series of strange computer problems has led to my dvd-drive being unable to read cds. Unless I can find an image of the game online and mount it as a drive in order to play...in any case, I'm working on it.

(0) Whip Osaka as it is starving anyways.

(1) Cordoba---> Builds Cat---> Starts Conquistador
Osaka---> Builds Longbowman---> Starts Worker

(2) Barcelona---> Builds Market---> Starts Grocer
Kublai Khan circumnavigates the globe.
I call him up and trade Guilds to him for Theology, World Map, 30 gold, and Drama. Then I ask him nicely to convert to Buddhism and he says "Always Happy To Help..." YES! Now we have a Buddhist buddy.

Trade guilds to pete for Music, World Map, and 60 gold. Trade guilds to Alex for Optics and 40g. WOW, we are starting to be semi-advanced once again. Started research towards banking as that will help our economy even more.

(3) Madrid---> Builds Market---> Starts Grocer for some :gold:

(4) Cordoba---> Builds Conquistador---> Starts Galley

(5) Toledo---> Builds Library---> Starts Aqueduct for some :health: as it's unhealthy.
Pete converts to Confucianism. Religious blocks are as follows:

Kublai and us---> Buddhist
Lizzy and Cyrus---> Jewish
Pete and Tokugawa---> Confucian
Alex and himself---> Hindu

(6) Cordoba---> Builds Galley---> Starts another

(7) :coffee:

(8) Banking is discovered and Philosophy is started so we can maybe heads toward nationalism/liberalism. The Taj Mahal or free tech would be great.

(9) Cordoba---> Galley---> Aqueduct because it is unhealthy

(10) Osaka builds worker and starts theatre.
Whip the aqueduct and Toledo because the city is starving.

Overview:

Cyrus is dominating!

We are number 1 in military!

Our power is impressive.

And very suprisingly #2 in GNP. We are digging our way out of this whole quite nicely.

Osaka has 2 macemen (I upgraded from swords) that could help our army out near Kagoshma if need be.

Our army in boats.

Our army is headed for Kagoshima. We have enough units in my opinion. I upgraded some HA to Conquistadors plus we have the two macemen is Osaka. I don't believe Osaka is in any danger of capture. It has 50% culture, 4 LBM, and 3 Axe. I do think war should be delayed until the worker below Osaka has completed the cottage it is building. Please be smart in the war and good luck.

Save:

Xenikos, how are the computer problems coming? I'd like to give you a chance to play, if you can, otherwise I'll grab the game sometime this weekend.

Zed-F, I suggest playing the game. Xenikos hasn't posted in a while and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we skipped him. I don't want to see this game die, it has already slowed down enough.

Yeah, Unfortunately, all my free time this weekend has been eaten up by the wife's plans. :) So, looks like I will also need a skip. :(

Since there's been no word at all from Perplexity, that puts Maksim up.

Sorry for the absence! My computer has been revolting. Hard drive failures, then DVD-drive failed.....anyways, I'm back up and running, and should be game to play next time my turn comes around. Sorry for the slowdown - I feel the need to win this game, so I won't be going anywhere =)

Alright, sorry about the delay.

Executive summary: I played five turns, lost three catapults, one horse archer and one mace, but gained a city – Kagoshima is ours.

Turn 0 (1600 AD) – I consider delaying war but we won’t get any new units, and the cottage to be built will get pillaged by the Japanese. So instead I move the worker back inside Osaka.

Turn 1 (1605 AD) – Inbetween turns, Kublai offers Paper and 30 gold for Banking. Sure, buddy! Move galleys with troops into position.

Turn 2 (1610 AD) – Tokugawa has Liberalism and just finished Angkor Wat. We declare war and land units next to Kagoshima. All of them, since there are no catapults in that city – just samurai and longbowmen.

At Osaka, all our longbowmen are city defenders. Please don’t make all our units the same – it costs us in tactical mobility. For example, there are two fine hills northeast of Osaka, which serve as excellent scouting positions. A guerilla longbowman – heck, even a straight-up combat one - would be very useful as a sentry here.

Lower science to 50%, as we can’t afford the current rate.

Turn 3 (1615 AD) – the game hung on me so I had to replay from previous turn here. First time Cyrus canceled Open Borders, second time he didn’t. Tokugawa upgraded all his galleys in Kagoshima to Galleons – must have picked up Astronomy as free tech. He also switched to Theology/Vassalage combo.

My army at this point is two conquistadores, six HA, a couple of axemen who haven’t kept up with the latest military technology, and six catapults. I’ve also got a couple of city raider macemen from Osaka coming in from the other side.

Turn 4 (1620 AD) - I bombard the enemy defenses to nil, and wait for next turn.

Turn 5 (1625 AD) – On the interturn, Tokugawa kills one of my city raider maces. One catapult drops the city’s 2% defense bonus that came up in the interturn, five more suicide themselves – two out of those actually survive! I lose a HA on the attack, but the rest of the forces take down the defenders suffering minor bruises only. I keep the city.

I am going to stop here, as the game grinds to a halt for me here, I’m not going to finish it tonight, and I’m out of time. Sorry about this.

Kyoto is only defended by some longbowmen and one pikeman but has a +60% defense bonus. I started research on Education but only invested one turn out of eighteen. It may be a good idea to forget research entirely for a while, and spend the money on upgrading HA to Conquistadores.

Best of luck!

Attachments

• War_Is_Here.JPG
    War_Is_Here.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 125
  • State_Of_Affairs.JPG
    State_Of_Affairs.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 121
Torello, you out there?

Knupp, if there's no word from Torello soonish, you might as well go ahead.

(0) Brought the worker north to Kagoshima and loaded the GE on a galley to be brought to the mainland.

(1) Units are healing

(2) Madrid starts bank. Cut research back to upgrade some of our army.

(3) IBT: 2 of our galley are killed.

(4) Can't ship our units to Kyoto there are way to many Japanese caravels and galleons picking our galleys off. They will have to walk.

IBT: Our galley is killed!

(5) Japan has knights. He has sent one on a pillaging mission near Kagoshima.

(6) Japan's knight is pillaging, I send a mace from Kagoshima to attack with a 50/50 chance to maybe kill it and we lose.

IBT: :eek: :( The knight somehow beats our horsearcher in Kagoshima and takes back the city against the odds. The horse archer was fulled healed, Combat II, and was on a hill (Kagoshima). The knight was only 6.4 health, Combat II. Sorry for this :smoke: move guys. :(

(7) About to take Kyoto and Kagoshima in a turn or two. Bombing defenses down at Kyoto.

(8) Take Kagoshima back and continue to bomb the defenses of Kyoto down.

(9) 3 suicide cats move towards Kyoto, luckily 2 survive. Take the city with no other losses.

IBT: A Japanese catapult and samurai try to take Kyoto back and lose.

(10) Shuffling units around.

Our two extremely weak cats are moving towards the city, only to bomb down the defenses of Edo. The city should be easy pickings. After that we need to heal our army and move them north to the Japanese city on the eastern part of the island. Then peace.

Our next target should definitely be Cyrus, he is running away with the game!

Good Luck and the save:

P.S. Xenikos - Our 24 hour got it and 48 hour to play policy may need to be a little stricter. If somebody doesn't post within their time we need to skip them automatically and keep the game moving. If they are skipped they should check in so we know they are still in the SG.

@ Torello--> You still out there?

Sorry, forgot to mentioin something. I didn't micromanage any of the tiles on my last turn so sorry if there is a :smoke: tile being worked. I forgot all about it actually, I think I was in a hurry because I forgot to play yesterday. If whoever is up next could check the tiles being worked that would be great. Sorry again. :crazyeye:

I'll play tonight, since we haven't heard from Torello in so long (I'll send him a PM).

Xenikos supposedly has it. Xenikos, you out there?

If not, I won't be able to get the game until Wednesday at least as I am usually busy Mon and Tues nights. Feel free to skip me until then.

The Roster hasn't been posted since the 5th page so I thought I'd post it.

xenikos - up, please confirm
Zed-F
Maksim
Torello - Please Confirm if you are still in...
Knupp715 - Just Played

Xenikos - Please post tonight or tomorrow. You are overdue. Things need to keep moving.

P.S. Did you PM Torello? Is he still in?

Top Bottom