Resource icon

Really Advanced Setup Lite 2017-02-15

Pro
LeeS any luck finding how to create units for CS-es ?
In Civ5 I didn't need any mods - I was able to do eveyrthing in XML files. In civ6 changes in XMLs doesn't work at all (or just few of them works so-so). IE when I tried to give a CS a pikeman to start in ancient era game doesn't start.

My opinion : in order to start off with pikemen or produce pikemen, the required tech/civic must be attained first. Thanks

Giving city-states extra starting units via this system would not be all that difficult theoretically except that all the code as I wrote it is based on specifically not giving starting extras to city-states and would require a complete re-write.

Giving city-states extra starting units via this system would not be all that difficult theoretically except that all the code as I wrote it is based on specifically not giving starting extras to city-states and would require a complete re-write.

Hmmm maybe a separate mod? I'm asking for that cause if I give some starting units to AI Civs they conquer CSes much too quickly...

Pro

My opinion : in order to start off with pikemen or produce pikemen, the required tech/civic must be attained first. Thanks

Sorry man but you are soooo mistaken. I can give myself a tank or every unique unit I want. So no, lack of particular tech or civic doesn't affect anything.

LeeS, this mod works with either YnAMP or Quo's Combined Tweaks. But it does not work with both (YnAMP & Quo's Combined Tweaks) mods activated. It would be great if this mod work with both mods. Any idea or opinion what causes this mod to 'fail' when used with both mods. Your mod is great when playing the game as it gives human player an added advantage.

I really want to use Quo's Combined Tweaks (https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/quos-combined-tweaks.25703/update?update=24244) with this one, but cannot figure out why they seem to clash. I went through the code and simply cannot figure it out..

EDIT: The issue seems to be a known issue with YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6. Hopefully it can be fixed since so many people seem to like YnAMP.

Last edited:
OK I have found a mod - Yougher City States - and I can give CS units there. Now lets start an early war ;)

Notice how the quotation are ". If you look they could more like the graphical (teardrop) version. Once I went through and changed the graphic ones its been working fine.
You have smart quotation turned on. Go to System Preferences->Keyboard->Text and turn off or modify the "Use smart quotes and dashes" setting. And/or in TextEdit go to Preferences>New document and at the bottom turn off smart quotation.

LeeS thanks for the mod, new to civ 6.... with this mode I was wondering can you make say one unit to a specific civ like say Modern Armor to a one specific civ only?? if so how?

LeeS thanks for the mod, new to civ 6.... with this mode I was wondering can you make say one unit to a specific civ like say Modern Armor to a one specific civ only?? if so how?
and can you change there melee or ranged strength? thanks
Both of these are really beyond the scope of this mod. These are questions you should really post as a new thread to the Mod Creation Help Sub-Forum (https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/mod-creation-help.567/) or to the main civ6 Creation & Customization forum (https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-creation-customization.541/)

Hey, I added some units and gold and start a new game it worked fine but I gave up on it and started another new game but the mod didn't work, I tried to disable it and enable it again and even remove it and add it again to the folder and add the units and gold but it didn't work still, I have no idea why!

oh thanks for the response guys, it worked after I posted here, I went and added some more stuff and it worked I think it needed to be refreshed or something I'm not sure, I was busy ever since didn't try the mod, if I do and get any problem I will post again.

and thanks for the mod @LeeS

• Custom modded Civs added by mods will also work so long as the mod that adds the civ loads into the game before this mod but mod loading order "forcing" is not at this point as reliable as we would all like it to be.
Is there any reliable way yet to get RAS to load last?

• Custom modded Civs added by mods will also work so long as the mod that adds the civ loads into the game before this mod but mod loading order "forcing" is not at this point as reliable as we would all like it to be.
Is there any reliable way yet to get RAS to load last?
I've actually been looking into that issue. Try the attached altered version of the modinfo file.
  1. unzip the attachement (it only has an updated version of the modinfo file)
  2. copy the unzipped ReallyAdvancedSetupLite.modinfo file directly into the root folder of the mod so that this new version of the file wipes out and copies over the existing version you have in the ReallyAdvancedSetupLite folder1
  3. You should then be able to start a new game after adding a custom mod-added civilization-name to the data in the RASL_GameSet-Up.xml file.
I have added code into the modinfo "mod-control-file" to make the RASL_GameSet-Up.xml file load into the game after pretty much any other mod's xml or sql file(s) load. This is done by adding the following to the code that controls when the file is loaded into the game:
Code:
<Properties>
	<LoadOrder>150000</LoadOrder>
</Properties>
So long as no other mod-maker has a higher load-order number within their mod(s) this should ensure that the RASL_GameSet-Up.xml file loads after pretty much anything else added by any other mod.

I am not actually 100% happy with this method either because I believe there are mods already floating around on Steam workshop and on the internet with "LoadOrder" settings of like "1,000,000" or equally crazy high numbers. Essentially, Firaxis has created a scenario where eventually there will be the equivalent of an "arms race" with differing mod-makers adding successively higher numbers for "LoadOrder" to ensure that their mod is in control of the end-product in the game's database because the file that loads last into the game is generally the file that controls what ends up being in the game database for actual in-game gameplay.

1If you downloaded via steam the folder name will be in that steam content folder as a digital number corresponding to the mod's steam ID number (it should be this folder if you installed steam to the "C" drive of your windows computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\289070\870830735)

Attachments

• ReallyAdvancedSetupLite.zip
    577 bytes · Views: 374
Last edited:
Thanks so very much. I am anxious to try it and it sounds better than the cumbersome work-around I was using.

Is there an option to add XP to the unit? Also, for some reason the civics and technology and gold and faith cheats do not work. They don't appear.

There's no option to add XP to the units. XP, XP-level, and Promotions are all wonky when done from lua.

I've heard there are issues with pop-ups not popping since the most recent patch for a lot different people (mods or no mods) but I have not experienced it and so far I have not seen a failure of this mod to implement everything since the most recent patch.

See Comment #57 a few comments up if you are trying to assign starting bonuses specifically to Nubia, Macedon, Persia, etc. The "fix" file should cure the issue for this mod. It should also tend to cure it if you are attempting to give extra starting bonuses to mod-added civilizations.

------------------------------

[edit]

I just reverified and specified that Nubia should get a Musketman when starting in the Ancient Era and this plus everything I had set-up in my test file for any human player was correctly added, Techs, Gold, Faith, Civics, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom