Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going CS-Feud-Guilds-Gunpowder.

Also, MN is back tomorrow and should be online in two days.

Edited in. I hadn't seen Nuke post that anywhere so i just put what comments had been mentioned previously.

Iberia:continue infrastructure(but ONLY with existing Workers),Birmingham builds Heroic Epic and Barracks,Arya-Kent builds units,Cull-Norwich and Birmingham get a Lighthouse,if possible

oh,and make Forges at earliest opportunity

(the aim is to get these cities online as soon as possible,and these structures are the to-do list,but I'm prepared to give LH operational freedom as far as the order of production goes[I'd do Forge and Lighthouse first)

“It’s over, Joker.” Athers said, his face hardened with anger. “You’ve got no one left to throw at me.”
Joker turned around, his painted face a mask of hideous amusement. In the background, two of his metal-helmeted Copperhead thugs held MathNerd between them, while another held a hand crossbow at his side.
“Dun dun da dun dun dun – ATHERS!” Joker cried. “I know you’ve had a long, hard night, but cheer up! The party’s about to start!”
“Did you not hear me?” Athers asked in a low, dangerous tone. “It’s over.”
“Over? Why my dear delusional Night Eagle, It hasn’t even begun.” And with that, Joker slammed his fist into the bell by his side. The note echoed through the building, reverberating in Athers’ head.
“You have no one left.” Athers snarled. “Red Feather is in the Thames. Amanara is unconscious on Cull Avenue. The Three Guardsmen and Tinpot – Comrade Man – are strewn about the docks.”
“Really? I admit, an impressive performance. But you still have one foe to face – hahahahaha!”
And then purple light flashed through the windows. A seven-foot tall cloud of violet smoke erupted in one corner. A man emerged, dressed in praetorian armor and carrying a sword and shield. Another two dozen such clouds appeared, disgorging Roman soldiers. The Eagles drew their weapons, pulling into a defensive circle with the HDO. Finally a cloud erupted three feet from Athers. A man emerged carrying his helmet at his side.
“Marcus.” Athers gasped.
“Lieutenant – Captain now, isn’t it? – Athers.” Marcus said, grinning. “The Century Legion is here to destroy you.”

And so it begins. The next updates will build up to this moment. Hold tight!

- Lighthearter

guys,you know LH is waiting for someone to comment because he's not going to double-post? :p Spam Alert!

The sunset shone over the Thames River. The red orb that was the sun sank below the horizon, creating a fireworks display on the surface as it went down.

Captain Athers of the Night Eagles watched it as it proceeded. The company was returning from Germany after the abduction of President MathNerd to rescue him. Cull’s recall order had come as something of a surprise – the Eagles were ready to assist in the capture of Neapolis – but their loyalty was to the President. And he needed their help. But there was something more then that at work.

“Something wrong, Captain?”

Athers turned as Lord Ravus came up beside him. The monk had a serene demeanor about him that engendered a trust in all those he met – a kind of assurance that meant he didn’t need to go and prove what he was to anyone. Athers shrugged.

“Well, I’m just thinking here – after the bombing, everyone knows it’s Joker leading the Copperheads.” The bombing had been an incident where an elaborately wrapped present had exploded after counting down with a “Ha ha. Ha ha. Ha ha.” Afterwards the Joker had sent a message all across England explaining the “holy crusade of the Copperheads” to cleanse England of the immortals. Now the HDO was attempting to find him. The Eagles were to hunt down the President – whatever it took.

Ravus nodded. Athers shrugged again. “The last time the Eagles fought Joker – in Washington – we barely escaped him. We were fewer in number then, but he’s damn good. Scary good, actually.”

Athers paused. A rumble came from the nearby shipping crate on the docks. He turned slowly. Ravus stepped forward curiously.

The door of the crate slammed off and shot outward. Red Feather burst from inside the crate, a roar escaping his lips. He slammed a massive left hook towards the two men, Ravus diving to the ground and Athers jumping it. The Night Eagle landed and hit Feather in the face. Ravus got up and ran away.

Athers took a massive punch in the chest and slammed into the rails. He climbed back up, short of breath, and ducked another swing.

“I WILL DESTROY YOU!” Red Feather screamed, rage masking his face. He seizing Athers by his cloak and held him up, a mask of livid delight confronting Athers. The other Eagles were too far away to make a difference in the duel. Athers couldn’t beat Red Feather now.

That’s when he saw the crane in the background moving. The massive box it held swung inexorably towards Feather.

“Look behind you.” Athers snarled. Feather, being not too bright, did. Athers put both of his feet on Red Feather’s face and kicked off. He backflipped and fell flat. The crane’s payload slammed into Red Feather and swung him out over the river. The man roared and clung to the box. Athers leapt upright and saw Ravus at the controls of the machine, a look of determination on his face.

Then Feather climbed on top of the box and roared in anger. He began to climb the rope leading to the crane. Athers drew his sword and readied to face his nemesis again. Out of nowhere, a cry of “Cheeri-o!” echoed and an arrow shot out, severing the line above Feather. He crashed into the river, crying out in anger.

Athers turned to face a man in a green uniform – a cloak, a cap with a feather stuck through it, a jerkin, and tights with leather boots – and a longbow at his side.

“’Ello chap! I’m Robin Hood! The Merry Men are back in Sherwood Forest but I thought I’d pop down ‘ere and see if any tyranny was taking place.”

Ravus walked over. Athers opened his mouth to speak.

“No need to thank me.” Hood railroaded on. “I’d do it any time! Now-”

A cry rang out: “My cat is stuck up a tree!”

Robin Hood grabbed Athers by the left shoulder. “I must go, for a citizen is being trod upon by the Immortals, but rest assured – we shall meet again today!” And with that he ran off. Athers and Ravus exchanged glances.

A moment later Hood was back with a gray cat under his arm. "I told you we would meet again and what do you know!"

Another cry: "SOME LOON MADE OFF WITH MY CAT!!!"

Hood again grabbed Athers by the shoulder. "I must go, and rescue another from a terrifying foe, and we shall not meet again. But buck up, lad - you have the strength in you to win this without me!"

He then ran off. Athers shook his head. He looked at Ravus. "I sure hope so." He announced, still shaking his head.

An explosion echoed from inside London. Athers' head snapped up like a hunting dog's. He waved the Eagles on and sprinted into the city.

Cool Athers saved by Robin Hood :)
Now a question, is the Joker suppossed to be the batman Joker?

to the community at large:LH has schoolwork to do :p you'll survive,I trust? he has more,we talked this whole sequence out last night :p

Good writing LH. Looks good so far. I guess amanara is the one that made the explosion?

Wait a second Cull. Why dont we squeeze paper in there after fued, and before guilds? We could really use those maps, and the universities would help ALOT. Then after guilds, maybe squeeze compass in. It wont take too long, and it will be helpful. Of course this will probably be next admin, but still. after gunpoweder we need to go after optics, and divine right if it hasnt already been researched by someone else. We could use islam once we get the option to have free religion. Plus the spiral minaret will get us alot of gold if i remember right.

No wonders until the war is over. period. We have more pressing issues like infra, and until the war is over, troops. Wonders are for peace. But i agree with the AP-collosus-TGL (great library)-zues path. If we could get all of them, great. If we dont, then oh well. Its not that big of a deal. And once we get apper, then the sankore wonder could help.

Dont build too many units. They cost upkeep as well. I would rather build 2-3, and combined with what we have that will be plenty. Most of what we have taken is imporved, and its just gaul that needs to be imporved for the most part. Focus on buildings and troops until the war is over. Then focus on buildings, and a wonder or 2 at a time.

to the community at large:LH has schoolwork to do :p you'll survive,I trust? he has more,we talked this whole sequence out last night :p

Poor homeschoolers. Seriously you should get a break in the summer. But now that you mention it, my summer reading prject came in the mail. I need to get started on that...but then i have until september 7th to finish it. No rush.:D.

Poor homeschoolers. Seriously you should get a break in the summer. But now that you mention it, my summer reading prject came in the mail. I need to get started on that...but then i have until september 7th to finish it. No rush.:D.

some homeschoolers do.we don't.we believe that working through summer beats 6 hours a day of review for 2 weeks in the fall

I'm homeschooled and I have the summer off :D Hey if i'm lucky my Mom might even give me a couple days off to play ciV :D

I'm homeschooled and I have the summer off :D Hey if i'm lucky my Mom might even give me a couple days off to play ciV :D

lol good for you :D that's another advantage,our school schedule is mutable :lol:

Actually I doubt that she would just give me those days off. But i'm sure I could work harder for a couple of days and get a couple off.

The Paper-Education line is less worth it right now than the guilds-banking ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom