Red Alert-GAME Thread

$150 Longbow vs $200 Badger? I'll sign on to that if I must, but I'll go with $30 Rocket Soldier first.

Rocket Soldiers, Destroyers, Cruisers, Chronotanks, and AA Guns will kill the living night out of Badgers, if I'm reading this right. MiGs'd probably be awesome too, but it's not like we'll see that happen in our lifetimes...

$150 Longbow vs $200 Badger? I'll sign on to that if I must, but I'll go with $30 Rocket Soldier first.

Rocket Soldiers, Destroyers, Cruisers, Chronotanks, and AA Guns will kill the living night out of Badgers, if I'm reading this right. MiGs'd probably be awesome too, but it's not like we'll see that happen in our lifetimes...

That's pretty much what he said.

Also, the Badger range isn't a hard set. For instance, a player could make it so the Badger curves around provinces with those nasty base defenses. Of course, should a player do that, he can't go fly from California to London. Logic people! :lol:

Siberia could just shoot them over the arctic.

They're resuable, right?

Good news. Since I just won the office pool (Survivor, read spoiler below for explanation [warning: spoilers]), everyone will be receiving a little present for the update!

Spoiler :
Boooosssssttttoooooonnnnn Rooooobbbbbb! :lol:

Is it ninjas who throw deadly shuriken pizzas?

I have to close this game. Simply put, end of the year papers. Another problem is that when I started this IOT, the most common argument against IOTs like it was that tracking buildings is difficult. That isn't true. Tracking how many units players have, also, isn't a problem. The main problem comes with the unit movements and tracking them.

Play Victoria 2. You notice how in the beginning of the game, it's alright but by 1914, the British have 3000 Brigades or something ridiculous and the computer slows down when all those guys are moved. Same issue only with far less units.:eek:

I think I'm done with GMing IOTs for a while as well. :(

I have other projects in the pipes but they're not going to be IOTs. There's number crunching, which anyone who has played this game or played RIOT knows is not a problem, period, for me. I'm hoping I have some kind of general idea ready to present this summer.

Until then, I'll be waiting for IOT...IV Part 2? IOT II Part IV? Whatever. :lol:

I apologize.

I completely understand, but still: :(

I understand. It is incredible that you did this much, and for what it's worth, it was extremely cool while it lasted :)

It's a shame but fair enough :sad:
thanks for the ride :D

It sure was a good game, thank you for starting it.

I understand. So many IOTs have closed and players leaving games due to heavy amounts of work in spring.

This also was a great game, and gave me inspiration for a fast-paced military centered IOT. (Not that I'm making that anytime soon, I have IOT:AoD to work on)

Arggghhhhh! Well, I suppose you had to, but still, I'm angry anyway. :mad:

Hmm... Should we allies reveal our war plans, and tell why we'd own them to completely? :D

Top Bottom