[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested the graphics for the Portuguese and Danish with SVN 849, which completes the European colonial powers. The Portuguese were fine. The only comment I have is that brown seemed an odd choice for the prevailing colour amongst the land units, but that's minor.

For the Danish, I have a few points. In this close-up of several of the ships of the fleet, you can see the "checkered" pattern differs between several warships, especially the Ship of the Line and Man 'o' War in the front right. The Ship of the Line has grey strips interspersed with the red and black of the porthole pattern but the Man 'o' War does not:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

When you take a side view of these two ships, you can see why. The Ship of the Line has its grey guns pointing out of the ports, and they look perhaps a bit too long as well:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

Now, I'm all for variety, but I don't think this is realistic. Besides the guns being a bit too long, typically a warship did not show its guns outside of combat (or firing practice). The normal way to sail would be with the gun ports closed, as is the case with the Man 'o' War. And unless one zoomed in on a side view, it's hard to appreciate that the grey strips are guns anyway. So perhaps this can be changed to look like the man 'o' War hull?

Another point is the land units. There is a slight differentiation in the Veteran and Regular musketmen by the vests used, but there is no difference in the Dragoons and Cuirassiers. In this shot of dragoons, veteran soldiers are on the left, and regular soldiers on the right:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

Also, there is no difference between regular and free colonist musketmen (regular on the left, free colonist on the right):
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

Other than those points, the Danish and Portuguese graphics were fine.

Thanks for testing!

a) ships:

The modell of the shop of the line is the vanilla model, we just changed the colour. It should not happen that the guns are out - and normally they don't do. I will check the model, but all should be fine with this. We cannot change the vanilla modell res. it maybe will take a lot of efforts.

b) Units

Correct. There is NO - not even a slight (I also cannot see any difference on the screenshot) difference between veterans and regulars of dragoons, cuirassiers and musketman at the moment - but this applies for all nations not only the Danish! But...are you sure the left musketman shows the regular? I cannot believe this..this is the graphic for the milita (not even the veteran). The regular uses the same graphic as the veteran musketman. But I will check this.

Please note: There IS NO difference between veteran and regular units (dragoons, artillery, musketman and cuirassier) at the moment! Maybe we will change this at a later stage, but at the moment they each use all the same graphics.

Schmiddie, thanks for replying. You said:
But...are you sure the left musketman shows the regular? I cannot believe this..this is the graphic for the milita (not even the veteran). The regular uses the same graphic as the veteran musketman. But I will check this.
Yes, I am sure the left musketman is the regular (the caption beside it in the picture is for this unit). And no, the veteran and regular musketmen do not use the same graphic. As I said above, the vest differs. Here are all three musketmen types together and I labelled each. You can see that the regular and free colonist are identical but the veteran has a different vest (front of the coat):
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

@frontiersman:
Thanks a lot for testing all our UnitArtStyles ! :goodjob:
We really appreciate all the work and valuable feedback.

And you are correct regarding the problem with the regulars.

Hey guys, I see there is a lot of confusion with these Regulars. :)

1. The Player does never get Regulars.
2. The King does get Regulars only in Profession Dragoons.
3. The King does not have any reason to change them to Musketmen (and will not do so).

--> Regulars will never be used as "Musketman".

So there is no bug.
The situation can simply never appear in normal gameplay.

Everything ok. Nothing to do here. :)

Sorry to bump here, but this is confusing me now a little bit... :crazyeye:

2. The King does get Regulars only in Profession Dragoons.

ähm... But the King does have Regulars as infantry troops too (in profession "soldier")

3. The King does not have any reason to change them to Musketmen (and will not do so)
Indeed, the King's Infantry is having its own profession, the "soldier" ("musketman" is for colonies only).

I just wanted to be sure and checked CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml, I expected the profession "musketman" to be forbidden to "European Kings Nations", but that isn't the case...?!? Only native professions are forbidden to the Kings... :eek:
Everything looks fine with "European Colonial Nations", they are not allowed to have the profession "Soldier" (and no native professions as well).

Is there another file than CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml that definies the professions allowed to the Kings? If not, this may cause bugs of course...
:mischief:

ähm... But the King does have Regulars as infantry troops too (in profession "soldier")

You are right. :)

Indeed, the King's Infantry is having its own profession, the "soldier" ("musketman" is for colonies only).

Correct. :thumbsup:

Is there another file than CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml that definies the professions allowed to the Kings? If not, this may cause bugs of course...
:mischief:

Guys, I am almost sure that there is no bug. :)
The Tests considering the Graphics for Regulars were simply done under wrong conditions.
(Using the Colonial Player to generate the Regulars simply does not work if you want to test its graphics.)

But I will check. :thumbsup:
(Just a little patience please.)

Hi everybody,

I just checked:

In CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
PROFESSION_SOLDIER
has the correct Veteran graphic reference assigned.

So everything ok. :thumbsup:
This was simply a misunderstanding how the Regular (and the graphics used by the King for the different professions that Unit can have) can be tested.

It looks like this:
Spoiler :

Code:
<StyleUnit>
	<UnitType>UNIT_REGULAR</UnitType>
	<ProfessionType>PROFESSION_SOLDIER</ProfessionType>
	<UnitMeshGroup>
		<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ENGLAND_VET_MUSKETMAN</ArtDefineTag>
	</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>

Again:
Graphics for the Professions of the Regular (which he can really have ingame) can not be tested by using the Colonial Player.

Edit:
There is absolutely no need to forbid Profession "Musketman" to the King, because he will never use it.
Profession "Solider" is simply stronger and thus preferred.

@team and partners:

New revision available in SVN. :)
Androrc's Price Correction is now included in our mod.

Basically this feature simulates Production and Consumption of Goods in Europe.
It is fully balanced for our mod of course.

Hi guys,

Schmiddie has created graphics for UnitArtStyles of our Generals. :)
(It is uploaded to SVN.)

@Schmiddie:
There is some red glow around the heads of the 3 UnitArtStyles with the new base.
Could that be removed ?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 94
I hab eine Frage, woher kommt diese portugiesische Fahne?

I am not 100% sure, but I think melcher kürzer had created it for TAC already.
Why are you asking ?

I am not 100% sure, but I think melcher kürzer had created it for TAC already.
Why are you asking ?

I'm just curious. I found it really pretty, and I hadn't seen it anywhere else before.

It's the only one I don't recognize: the others I can properly see that they are (respectively) the flag of the Kingdom of Great Britain, of New France (in this case the symbol is familiar to me, although this variant with blue on the sides I haven't elsewhere), of the Habsburg military and of the United Provinces. The last two are pretty straightforwardly the Danish and Swedish flags.

I'm just curious. I found it really pretty, and I hadn't seen it anywhere else before.

It's the only one I don't recognize: the others I can properly see that they are (respectively) the flag of the Kingdom of Great Britain, of New France (in this case the symbol is familiar to me, although this variant with blue on the sides I haven't elsewhere), of the Habsburg military and of the United Provinces. The last two are pretty straightforwardly the Danish and Swedish flags.

I found the TAC thread in regards to flags, which led me to this wikipedia article:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagge_Portugals

Coupling what is written on the article about the flag and upon further search, my conclusion is that the flag is a rank flag of Portuguese governor-generals of overseas provinces, used during modern times in Portuguese colonies in Africa and Asia.

I have not designed the flag for TAC or RaR but I think the flag is ok - and consistent with the colors and symbols of Portugal. The article states that this flag was used for the oversea colonies (africa and asia) of Portugal resp. the governors since the colonies had no own legal flags. Unfortunately the article states nothing about the american colonies of portugal.

As long as we have no better idea for a matching flag...;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom