Report: North Korea Conducts Nuclear Test

woody60707

Deity
South Korean media are reporting that North Korea may have conducted a nuclear test.

YTN television is citing an unnamed government official and the Yonhap news agency cites a ruling party member as saying the nuclear test may have occured Monday morning.

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has convened an emergency meeting.

North Korea had recently said it would again test a nuclear device — its first was in October 2006 — in reaction to tightened international sanctions after it fired a long-range rocket in April.

News of the test hit South Korean financial markets, sending the main KOSPI share index down four percent in late morning trade, while the won dropped more than 1 percent against the dollar.

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521616,00.html http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8066615.stm

Again, the hell man!

So some guy might have mentioned something about a hypothetical test to some other guy and suddenly it's news? :dunno:

News of the test hit South Korean financial markets, sending the main KOSPI share index down four percent in late morning trade, while the won dropped more than 1 percent against the dollar.

I love this. Why the hell? Do they believe it's going to be war? Oh noes!

Maybe we should take a closer look at how ******edly markets behave.

So some guy might have mentioned something about a hypothetical test to some other guy and suddenly it's news? :dunno:

May 24th, 2009
North Korea says it tested 2nd nuke
Posted: 11:29 PM ET
SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) — North Korea has conducted its second nuclear bomb test, the country’s state news agency announced Monday.

The announcement came little more than an hour after the U.S. Geological Survey reported a magnitude 4.7 seismic disturbance at the site of North Korea’s first nuclear test, in October 2006. The North Korea’s Korean Central News Agency said Monday’s test was conducted “as part of the measures to bolster up its nuclear deterrent for self-defense in every way.”

“The current nuclear test was safely conducted on a new higher level in terms of its explosive power and technology of its control and the results of the test helped satisfactorily settle the scientific and technological problems arising in further increasing the power of nuclear weapons and steadily developing nuclear technology,” KCNA announced.

In Seoul, South Korean President Lee Myung-Bak’s office said the country was investigating the reported test and would hold an emergency meeting of its national security council.

In April, North Korea threatened to conduct a second test in response to U.N. Security Council criticism of its test of a long-range rocket. The isolated Stalinist state has threatened to walk away from six-party talks aimed at convincing it to dismantle its nuclear program.

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/

Well that's more understandable then :scan:

As gamer I hope war breaks out, just so I can play Starcraft 2 multiplayer.

Am I the only one who thinks that leadership of N. Korea has changed recently?

As gamer I hope war breaks out, just so I can play Starcraft 2 multiplayer.

If they do, the S. Koreans are shafted. Everyone knows how to block a zergling rush nowadays.

First, I want to say I feel deep sympathy for the Korean people. A very inteligent good-hearted, long history people.
The N. Korean government has to be destroyed. At any cost.

As for South Korea (R.I.P), please accept my premature condolences for the expected loss of life.

P.S. Yes, the international community sux. They don't care enough. Imoptents. I expect Iran to be attacked by Israel if the political situation won't change there on the June 12's elections.

I'm not at all surprised. N Korea's leadership are like little kids that demand attention, and will do anything to get it. I only hope they're smart enough to realize an attack on S Korea will only lead to a lot of civilian deaths, and then the complete destruction of N Korea's gov't after the initial strike.

The diplomats can talk all they want, but I think this is a case of force being the only eventual solution, short of the natural death of Kim Jong Il. Even that might not work depending who fills(or fights) the power vacuum.

I can't a believe a failed state like North Korea wants to have nuclear weapons. What the hell. Should't they be more concerned with things like feeding their people and making a industry?

I can't a believe a failed state like North Korea wants to have nuclear weapons. What the hell. Should't they be more concerned with things like feeding their people and making a industry?

Am sure they, thats why they planning to invade countries with food and industry.

Slaughter said:
Yeah, they should. The fact that they're not indicates they've got a screw loose.

We are not dealing with rational people here. The North Korean government cares about exactly one thing: the North Korean government. No, they genuinely do not give a crap about their own citizens (unless those citizens do something to prop up the North Korean government, such as carrying guns and conquering South Korea). The only way to deal with these people is to threaten the thing they care about.

Boogaboo's got it nailed. North Korea thinks the rest of the world is unwilling to use military force against it. North Korea keeps bluffing, and we keep folding. Until we call their bluff, their behavior will not change.

if war is ever declared on north korea and im still young, i am so enlisting.

those nukes are buying food - from us. They rattle the saber and we come running with goodies. Our politicians are letting that runt blackmail us, shame on the Dem/Repugs.

Top Bottom