Reproducible crash

Vanilla1

Chieftain
I get a complete quit out of the game. Here is what happens: I am on Warlord level, playing as Bismarck against the maximum number of CPU players. The AI completes its turns, and on my next turn I learn Writing. Immediately I get the popup box asking to establish an embassy. I say yes, turns out it's with Catherine. Once I click "OK" to establish the embassy, the game completely exits from OS X. This is completely reproducible.

I have a G4/400 with 256 MB RAM, OS 10.1.3. I am using the latest patch (think it is "f").:confused:

Did you start this game before you installed the patch? I began playing the GOTM#1 after I installed the patch and began getting the same timed crash.

No, I started the game after I applied the patch. [In fact I applied the patch before playing a single game ever]. The crash occurs immediately after the dialog box where my advisor says "we can't establish any more embassies at this time". Like I said, disabling autosave seems to have cured this.

I ran into a freeze shortly after this though. Clicked on my science advisor to change research...mouse moved freely but no action occurred at all. couldn't exit the screen and had to force quit.

I noticed that Sherlock was stuck while this was going on (ever have this happen? Sherlock appers to be doing something, but you can't quit it (option is greyed out) or stop it. You can only force quit). Maybe that was the problem with the freeze but I can't be sure.

Originally posted by Vanilla1
No, I started the game after I applied the patch. [In fact I applied the patch before playing a single game ever]. The crash occurs immediately after the dialog box where my advisor says "we can't establish any more embassies at this time". Like I said, disabling autosave seems to have cured this.

Try the 1.17g patch released today (the URL is in the 1.17g thread here). I bet it'll take care of this. If not, please let me know.

Brad

I applied the new patch "g". It is hard for me to tell whether the game is more stable or not, but I did experience a crash after another civ initiated dialog with me. The game simply quit.

I applied the new patch "g". It is hard for me to tell whether the game is more stable or not, but I did experience a crash after another civ initiated dialog with me. The game simply quit.

If you have a save-game that reproduces the crash, e-mail it to me at bradman@pobox.com and we'll take care of it.

Brad

I'll replay from my last save and see if I can reproduce it.

A helpful tip - if it crashes, check your saves/auto folder. There's likey a file calles Autosave 1.sav (or something similar) whcih is the last turn prior. You may be able to use this to not only restart your game where it left off, but easily reproduce a crash if one comes along.

Brad

Top Bottom