1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Research Q&A

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Ozymandias, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

Laos -
    King
    Savang Vatthana (1907-1984) 1959-1975
    Prime Minister
    Prince Souvanna Phouma (4th time) 1962-1975

Cambodia -
    Head of State
    Norodom Sihanouk (2nd term, as Head of State) 1960-1970

Thailand -
    King
    Bhumibol Adulyadej the Great: (Rama IX) (1927) 1946- Current
    Prime Minsister
    Field Marshall Thanom Kittikachorn (2nd time) 1963-1973

I'm still looking for the other 2

2. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

The Pathet Lao
    The Early leader of the Pathet Lao seems to be:
    SOUPHANOUVONG

3. El Justo

El Justo Deity

4. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

:hmm: I think that covers your request...No?

5. El Justo

El Justo Deity

6. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

How do you create those screenshots of Civ3Edit maps?

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

Hit the "Print Screen" key, open the graphics editor of your choice, and paste the image onto a blank canvas.

-Oz

8. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

My screen area is 1024x768 pixels. I'm going into my CivIIIConquestsEdit of my FF7 map, I'm pressing PrintScreen right after I open it and the CivIIIConquestsEdit logo appears, and when I put in Paint, it shows my computer screen as if I'm looking at it with the program open (taskbar, start button, civedit menus). Help?

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

Ah. You might have to use a utility like Snagit (Google it for the page) which IIRC has a free trial period. They claim to capture full content (i.e., what's shown beyond the screen) but I've no idea how well this would work for a relatively large image like a Civ map.

-Oz

10. Mistfit

Mistfit Deity

Print screen should only show what is currently on your screen. Go into the program that you want the pic of. when you get the image you want to copy hit print screen. Open Paint - Hit Ctrl-V which should show what you caputred. Save it as a jpeg. Open it back up and then resize it down to 800 Pixles wide. This will be displayed on the Fourn better at that size. Also do not resize it when it is a .bmp as you will loose more detail than if you convert it to a .jpg first. I hope this helps.

11. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

Can somebody just do a screenshot of my map and post it at my thread (its in my signature)? I downloaded Snagit, but that was no help, and I have no idea how to do this.

12. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

I've got a quick question. Most of the time, when I make my own map, and I put a city right on a resource or I connect it by a road, the road can't be connected in the game, and if the city sits on the resource, it acts as if it isn't there (the resource is there when I see the terrain info, but I can't do anything with it.)

13. GRM7584

GRM7584 King

Put a road on the city square, either before or after its placed, in the Editor. I don't think it does it automatically, as it does in-game. You will also be unable to 'connect' to resources if you do not allow roads to be constructed either on the terrain that a city is built on or if you don't allow roads to be built before a prereq tech.

14. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

Yeah, I just realized I deleted settlers (no resources on cities) and worker job of road put on place-holder (roads are useless). Thanks anyway.

15. Nil_The_Frogg

Nil_The_Frogg Chieftain

Hi, I own a french version of civ3 conquests and I would like to use those wonderfull scenarii around. Problem is that they reference english-named units and artworks, thus giving me nice crashes due to "unit not found" or the like.

So, do you know of a workaround, or a place where I can download all english-named units? Pretty please :( ...

16. LouLong

LouLong In love with Rei Ayanami

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2671682&postcount=49

17. GeneralZed

GeneralZed look around...

I want to change the leaders names forever, but I cant find the place with all the names to change. And I'd like to change the leader images forever, too. Anyone?

18. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

Go to civedit. Check custom rules under properties in the menu. Edit rules menu. Civilizations. There you can change the name of the civ. To change the picture, you need to remember what picture you gave to what civilization. In the bottom-left corner you'll see something like animation flics or something like that. Change the picture by writing a different file name under each category (ancient, medival, etc.). Then go to the pedialicons.txt file and change the name of the file to the same file you changed it in edit and do it under civilizations. DO NOT change the civ names in pedialicons.txt unless you want to go into something very complicated where you have to do the same in civilopedia.txt.

19. magus77

magus77 Sephiroth

By the way, I want to change the music for my map (its in my sig) using custom music. I've figured it all out, but I don't know if it will work in midi format since all other sounds are in wave. Anybody know a good midi to wave converter? Every time I find a new one, it doesn't let me convert it or only lets me convert the first 50% of the song.

20. Rambuchan

Rambuchan The Funky President

Question: Does anyone have any knowledge on appropriate...

a) Unique Units
    b) Required resources
    c) Required techs (even if fictitious for the sake of gameplay)

for the following Indian kingdoms, all within the dates of 1500 to say 1600AD:

- Vijayanagara
    - Bijapur
    - Ahmadnagar
    - Golkonda
    - Bengal
    - Nepali
    - Burma/Myanmar
    - Ceylon/Lanka
    - Whoever was in Persia at this time

Thanks in advance and superb thread!