RestartButton 2016-11-04

Adds a restart button to the in game menu.

1. Mentos

Mentos Prince

Thanks for offering one of the most missed features of the Civ series!
    City State spawning looks fine now.
    I had to fill in the advanced tab again when restarting but only once on the first restart. Afterwards, the settings seem to be saved and loaded correctly over and over again.
    One issue I've still noticed: all the AI leaders are called "Random Leader"!

2. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Thank you for this! I will definitely be downloading it tonight. :D

3. racha

racha Warlord

How did you get it working? I'm also unable to get the button to show up and have tried the .modinfo file, too.

4. jadel

jadel Warlord

Disable all your other mods and try it again to be sure theres no conflict. It works in either DLC or Mods folder. No editing or anything just put it in there.

You extracted it right?

5. racha

racha Warlord

I guess my computer just needed to sleep on it - this morning it's working fine with the mod installed in /mods under the /my documents tree. Thanks for the assist!

6. jadel

jadel Warlord

7. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This still needs some work. I tried the update this past weekend, and I still ended up being surrounded by city-states. Not only that, but unfortunately it also caused a Freeze on my computer. :badcomp:

Once I re-booted and unchecked the mod the game worked fine. Not sure what happened really, game just froze on turn 4 or 5.

Will continue to follow though, I would really like to see this happen. :hatsoff:

8. MentalMike

MentalMike Chieftain

i downloaded a similar mod somewhere but each time you restart the game city states would get duplicated, is this bug present in this mod?

9. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

Did you make sure to uninstall the previous version (by verifying game cache)?

10. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

That sounds like the first version of this mod. The current version has fixed that.

11. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

For anyone having issues with the button not showing up at all, after enabling it in the mod menu, the only thing I can think of is there may be another mod enabled that conflicts with ResetButton.

12. MyopicCat

MyopicCat Chieftain

I have a different issue with version 1.0.2. The mod is enabled and shows up in the in-game menu, but when I click it all it does is end the game and return to the Create Game menu (without remembering my game settings). No restart. Am I the only one with this problem?

13. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will try it again, making sure of all the things. Thanks for continuing on this project.

I believe this happened on my first use of the mod, and it seemed to be fine afterwards.

14. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, after checking all the things and re-loading the restart mod things seem to be working fine now. :thumbsup:

I can confirm that on first load the game will throw you back into the civ selection screen.

I just re-loaded the mod, and on the first go it put me in the civ selection screen. Upon further testing it worked fine.

15. Zeusmoltar9

Zeusmoltar9 Chieftain

Just wanted to post my mod spotlight for this mod. I had some problems with it at first but it turned out to be a civ 6 problem not your mod. Since then it's worked out great, all i need now is to be able to turn off Sean Bean every time I restart, lol. Hope you can get some more attention from the video.

Feel free you use it as you like:

Thanks for your hard work on the mod!

Zeus

16. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was able to trace this down (I think!) to an issue with the way the game engine handles mod files. It appears they aren't actually loaded until you get past the Sean Bean loading screen. This was causing a problem, because your game settings are saved at the Main Menu... except the mod wasn't loaded when you were at the Main Menu! After doing 1 restart, the mod is in memory, and can successfully save settings.

In version 1.0.3, I reverted from a "mod" package back to directly overlaying the game files, so that the script can execute right away.

17. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

Thanks! I'll add it to the OP. I just put out version 1.0.3, which fixes an issue with it getting stuck at the advanced setup screen after the first restart.

18. Bakaroyna

Bakaroyna Chieftain

I'm kinda new to this, but I can't find a mods folder in my CivVI folder.. Am I supposed to create one? :confused:

19. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

The current version of the mod just overwrites the game files, so you would not need a mod folder.

20. Bakaroyna

Bakaroyna Chieftain

Worked like a charm :) Thanks!