1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RestartButton 2016-11-04

Adds a restart button to the in game menu.

1. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

How do I install this on a Mac? The video instructions show it as a Mod but when I download, I don't get the contents with ResetButton folder

Instead, it's a "Base" directory?

2. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

Yeah, maybe I should remove the video, the installation part is out of date. This mod replaces the existing game files. So wherever Steam installs the game on Mac.

3. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

I figured it out - you have to open the Civ 6 application package and navigate your way down through it, as follows

Civ6/Contents/Assets/Base/Assets/UI/

That 'Base' is the starting point for the directory that the ZIP file contains

4. Zlaayer

Zlaayer Chieftain

Ran into a problem. Can't get this to work. I put it in my mods folder and it doesn't look anything like the example video on nexusmods. The file name is "base" not "restartbutton". Doesn't appear on the UI in game. Solution?

5. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

It doesn't go in the Mods directory - I posted above how it works on a Mac, I would assume that the directory path is similar on a Windows PC

6. Zlaayer

Zlaayer Chieftain

Can you explain the process in plain english? Your description didn't make sense to me. What folder do I put "base" in?

7. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

Do you have a Mac or a Windows PC?

8. Zlaayer

Zlaayer Chieftain

PC

9. jsurpless

jsurpless Warlord

Sorry, I don't know the directory path for a PC - I would look for an Assets directory inside the folder that Civ 6 is located

10. voldraxx

voldraxx Chieftain

I have encountered an issue:

When you use the restart, it does not remember any additional AI opponents you selected and reverts to the standard number of opponents for that map size. Is it possible to remember the additional AI opponents and which leaders you picked?

Edit: Upon closer inspection it appears that when the game restarts it flickers the basic settings screen, so i am assuming when it restarts it only keeps the basic settings and all the advanced ones you may have changed (such as age of world, sea level etc etc) are set to default ?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  11. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

Find where you installed CiVI... if you're using steam it's;
    (drive letter):\Steam\steamapps\common\Civilization VI

If not steam it's where you chose to install it, like so;
    F:\Games\Civilization VI
    D:\Civilization VI

the 'Base' directory is under the \Civilization VI dir. You'll copy the files into the \Civilization VI directory and when it asks you to overwrite files, say yes.

12. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

Do you know what version you are using? That bug should be fixed in 1.0.3. If you are enabling the mode through the "additional content" menu, you are NOT on the latest version.

13. jadel

jadel Warlord

14. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is a fix that you can add in your self....just a heads up.

Not perfect but it works.

Link to thread

You want post #11

15. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

Haven't tested this myself, but generally you can merge the files with any other mod, unless they do something crazy like remove the menu. I won't be making compatiblity patches for this mod specifically, because Firaxis will do a restart button eventually, and then this mod will no longer be necessary.

16. voldraxx

voldraxx Chieftain

It's defintely the latest version, i've even re-enabled it after the patch. It does remember the CIV's i have picked, but it doesn't remember the additional AI i added (i.e, going from 5 AI to 7 AI on a small map). When you restart you are back to having only 5 opponents instead of 7, but yes it remembers which 5 you picked.

17. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

Well, saying that you "re-enabled it" is not a good sign. Did you install it in the mod/dlc folder, and are enabling it through the "additional content" menu? That doesn't work for this mod, it has to be installed directly on top of the original game files.

Edit: at work now, will check on additional player behavior later.
    Edit: I have confirmed that it resets the player count to the default for the map size. Will update again if I figure out a fix for that.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  18. Bakaroyna

Bakaroyna Chieftain

After the patch I added the files from this mod again. Now I can only choose random civs, for myself and the AI. The restart button still works though, only you get a new civ every time.

19. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well that seems useless, unless you start that way. Generally though I'd rather not have that...kinda defeats the purpose since different civs have differing needs. In time things will be ironed out I suppose.

20. Remgrandt

Remgrandt Chieftain

It sounds like you are using 1.0.3? There is a 1.0.4 version of the mod that I put out just to deal with the "Fall 2016" udpate patch. You can expect to have to redownload any mod that edits game files after a patch. I just restarted 5 times in a row with Gandhi every time.