Khmer 21-3=18
Koreans 17
Malians 23
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 14
Portuguese 5
Siamese 16

I mostly just want Babylon because they screwed up Sumeria so badly. If they'd made a genuine well thought out and well designed Sumerian civ I'd be downvoting Babylon right now since they'd be redundant for the time being. But we didn't get a genuine well thought out and well designed Sumeria. Instead what we got was a joke. Every single meaningful thing about the civilization bar the war cart is based on 4000 year old fan fiction rather than the actual history of history's first civilization (debatably. I know Indus valley , and proto-Egyptian civilization are also in the running and archaeologists to this day are fighting over who came first but Sumeria is definitely a strong contender). And before you bring up the ziggurat I'd like to point out that I said every MEANINGFUL thing was based on fan fiction, and the ziggurat doesn't qualify since there are so many more important improvements to lay down early in the game and the benefits of the unique improvement so minuscule that ziggurats are barely an afterthought. So, seeing as how they completely butchered that fertile crescent civ,might as well add in another one and do it properly this time. Besides, with the absurd amount of warmongers being added to the game we could use a new defense oriented side and Babylon could definitely fit that bill.

I'd downvote Korea again but I feel it's been too soon since the last time. I'd hit the Portuguese and Dutch but frankly that contest is so nailbitingly close I'm just interested to see who goes first without my intervention. So it's Khmer again simply because I have more investment in Siam and Indonesia.

Last edited:
Babylonians 23
Carthaginians 6
Dutch 5
Ethiopians 15
Hittites 1 (4 - 3) Not that interesting, would rather see Ottomans
Incas 31
Iroquois 13
Khmer 18
Koreans 17
Malians 23
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 14
Portuguese 6 (5 + 1) One of the most important European empires
Siamese 16

Babylonians 23
Carthaginians 6
Dutch 5
Ethiopians 15
Hittites 1
Incas 31
Iroquois 13
Khmer 18
Koreans 17
Malians 23 + 1 = 25 (Worthy, glorious, African, and Musa's agenda with faith and gold would fit rather easily and well).
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 14
Portuguese 6 - 3 = 3 (Boring, because European. We don't need more of those in Civ VI until at least the second expansion).
Siamese 16

Babylonians 23
Carthaginians 6
Dutch 5 - 3 = 2, Adding Dutch to the game is good idea, but the game should not be Eurocentric much
Ethiopians 15 + 1 = 16, one of important African civilization that is major power in East Africa and also survived in Colonization in Africa
Hittites 1
Incas 31
Iroquois 13
Khmer 18
Koreans 17
Malians 25
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 14
Portuguese 3
Siamese 16

Babylonians 23
Carthaginians 6
Dutch 2+1=3 Same as before
Ethiopians 16
Hittites 1-3=Eliminated
Incas 31
Iroquois 13
Khmer 18
Koreans 17
Malians 25
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 14
Portuguese 3
Siamese 16

Babylonians 24 (23 + 1) -- The absence of the empire upon which all subsequent Near Eastern empires were built is rather glaring, an empire that is still a byword for luxury and worldly success.
Carthaginians 6
Dutch 3
Ethiopians 16
Incas 31
Iroquois 10 (13 - 3) -- We do need a Native American civ, but there's no reason to keep repeating the same tribe out of hundreds of options. If we were guaranteed ten or fifteen Native American civs, then sure--but we'll be lucky to get two.
Khmer 21
Koreans 17
Malians 24
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 14
Portuguese 3
Siamese 16

Edited to account for the last few votes.

Babylonians 24
Carthaginians 6 - 3 = 3 Not as necessary as the other civs on this list
Dutch 3
Ethiopians 16
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer 21
Koreans 17
Malians 24
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 14 + 1 = 15 Because I think they have fewer points than they should have
Portuguese 3
Siamese 16

Babylonians 24
Carthaginians 3 - 3 = 0 Eliminated as I said before, it is time for Phoenicians !
Dutch 3
Ethiopians 16
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer 18
Koreans 17
Malians 25
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 15
Portuguese 3 + 1 = 4 I really want to upvote the Khmer, but I also don't want Portugal to fall already
Siamese 16

Babylonians 24
Dutch 3 - 3 = Eliminated (European civ is European #civsowhite.)
Ethiopians 16
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer 18
Koreans 17 + 1 = 18 (An important civilization with a strong history of defense, scientific progress (during Seonddeok's and Sejong's reigns, and in the modern era), and cool weaponry. The plucky underdogs of East Asia deserve to have their awesome ranged hwacha, hwarang, and turtle ship units back in this game.)
Malians 25
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 15
Portuguese 4
Siamese 16

Babylonians 24
Carthaginians 3 - 3 = 0 Eliminated as I said before, it is time for Phoenicians !
Dutch 3
Ethiopians 16
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer 18
Koreans 17
Malians 25
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 15
Portuguese 3 + 1 = 4 I really want to upvote the Khmer, but I also don't want Portugal to fall already
Siamese 16

How did the Khmer decrease from 21 to 18 and the Malians from 24 to 25? Is there a missing post between Xandinho's and Liufeng's?

Nevermind, Liufeng corrected the scores...

Last edited:
Babylonians 24+1=25 Because who needs astronomy or geometry? Oh wait...
Ethiopians 16
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer 18
Koreans 18
Malians 25
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 15
Portuguese 4-3=1 I think they had better follow the Dutch.
Siamese 16

Babylonians 25
Ethiopians 16
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer (18+1)=19 I favor them over Siam. Angkor captures my imagination more than Sukhothai or Ayutthaya. Plus the Khmer were definitely in Indochina before the Thai people came down from the north.
Koreans 18
Malians 25
Mayans 22
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 15
Portuguese 1
Siamese (16-3)=13 I don't find them too interesting compared to other Southeast Asian peoples. I also don't want Ramkhamhaeng in the game, who is basically only known through a single inscription. I guess they can pick someone like Naresuan or Narai, but would they?

Babylonians 22 (25 - 3) Not a bad choice, but I'm not sure why its favored so heavily over Assyria or the Hittites.
Ethiopians 16
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer 19
Koreans 18
Malians 25
Mayans 23 (22 + 1) An important mesoamerican civ. I think its a mistake that the Aztecs always get priority over them.
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 15
Portuguese 1
Siamese13

Babylonians 22
Ethiopians 16+1=17 (important African civ, nice playstyle, civ not so white!)
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer 19
Koreans 18
Malians 25
Mayans 23
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 15-3=12 (least favorite on the list)
Portuguese 1
Siamese13

Babylonians 22
Ethiopians 17
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer 19
Koreans 18-3=15
Malians 25
Mayans 23
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 12+1=13
Portuguese 1
Siamese13

Korea, not a geographic or cultural zone we need more representation in at the current time. Not a civilization that needs to be in the base game/pre first expansion every time. Releasing right after Australia may make it look like a cynical marketing ploy to push more sales. While I am actually extremely interested in modern DPRK history and culture as a cautionary tale and snow globe diorama of madness I just don't think that Korea as a whole needs to be added quite yet.

As for Ottomans they should at the very least make top ten, even if it is evident now that they will be robbed of top 5.

Babylonians 22
Ethiopians 18 = (17+1)
Incas 31
Iroquois 10
Khmer 19
Koreans 15
Malians 25
Mayans 23
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 13
Portuguese ELIMINATED = (1-3)
Siamese 13

Ethiopia as a civilisation comes closest to fulfilling the full remit of a Civilization Civ: not only is it the origin of humanity, but it has around a 3000 year history of nearly unimpeded independence, even as the rest of Africa fell to conquering colonial powers. Should definitely be ranked higher.

And sorry Portugal, but if I look at this list (all of whom are worthy additions), and knew that one of them would be released as a DLC tomorrow, yet another European power would be the least exciting option. Hope you come back eventually though :)

Babylonians 22+1=23 Because while Assyria may have been a successful warmonger, many of their cultural achievements were just shameless emulation of their southern neighbor.
Ethiopians 18
Incas 31-3=28 Because I can't really hurt them by shaving the edge off their lead. I really want all of the remaining civs! Tough choices.
Iroquois 10
Khmer 19
Koreans 15
Malians 25
Mayans 23
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 13
Siamese 13

Babylonians 23
Ethiopians 18
Incas 28
Iroquois 10
Khmer 19 + 1 = 20
Koreans 15
Malians 25
Mayans 23
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 13
Siamese 13 - 3 = 10

I feel like this will turn out to be a battle with Zaarin, but I far prefer the Khmer over Siam, simply because the Khmer were the civ that influenced the most that part of the continent.

Babylonians 23
Ethiopians 18
Incas 28
Iroquois 10 - 3 = 7 In my opinion, the Iroquois are the number one when one thinks in native american civilizations, so I think they should always be the first choice, in front of others like Sioux, Cherokee, Inuits... But the list is narrowing and its priority here is falling.
Khmer 20
Koreans 15
Malians 25
Mayans 23
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 13 + 1 = 14 I'm surprised the Ottomans are falling so fast, they might be the next three to fall. Besides they have been one of the greatest empires in history, they may represent current Turkey.
Siamese 10

@Liufeng It's true that I'd prefer Siam to Khmer, but I don't have strong enough feelings about it to fight you for it; I think I'll spend my energy trying to save Korea. ;)

Babylonians 23
Ethiopians 18
Incas 28
Iroquois 4 (7 - 3) -- Like I've said before, if we were going to get a fourth as many Native American civs as European civs I'd welcome the Iroquois back with open arms, but in light of the fact that we'll be lucky to get two I'd prefer to see someone new.
Khmer 20
Koreans 16 (15 + 1) -- A fascinating and ancient culture that is more than just a satellite of China or Japan. Besides, we have two civs in East Asia--that's more than some regions (still annoyed that Native North America currently has no representation, for example), sure, but that's hardly "crowded."
Malians 25
Mayans 23
Mongols 28
Ottoman Turks 14
Siamese 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom