Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.0

Actually, I saved my horse archer to kill them when they moved their stack out of Delhi bc they would have steamrolled me with their starting units. They respawned on their next turn (flips) and vassalized soon after I made peace with them.
Every AI moves all his units (but 1 settler) out of his capital; i remember reading somewhere that not even Rhye could solve this behavior, so i don't see any point in doing it myself;)
But still, it needs to be fixed in some way; maybe giving them some units at the end of that turn...
This way the player would have to worry about making units at some point.;)
Delhi can be quite tough if you decide to let them live, and you need some units to counter them. And the Mongols propably. Someday.
On the other hand, one could argue, that there is even less going on for Korea and all the island-based civs... But I still did enjoy playing them. Probably all this culture-mongering to the extreme is just counterintuitive to the casual player.
If one enjoyed them my work is done.
Not much. I was running science at 10%/culture at 50+% most of the time. This helped with bulbing music and I also got the other tech for the UB eventually. But like I said, the UB comes too late this way to be any help. I was able to trade for canal systems. That was useful, indeed.
I will do something about their UB, so that teching for Music isn't counterproductive anymore.

One time it seemed that Delhi split their starting stacks - elephants and trebs went for Varanasi, the other units the other direction.

100% Korean :p
The fun thing is that there are cute girls everywhere. It's one of the reasons why i love this world:)
Okay. Back to topic :p
How's the project going?
I haven't seen any recent SVN updates yet.. :)
At the moment it's doing good. Probably this weekend there will be v1.1. I'm very busy with RL again, but i manage to play on weekends and do some minor changes, but mostly balancing.
SVN updates... it's complicated. Long story short, i play on two computers, and the one i use for SVN updates is getting fixed right now (I'm waiting for 2 weeks already:().

Somehow I get the feeling that in the current version more cities get destroyed in Chinese civil wars. That's an interesting feature. I like to regain some flexibility as regards city layout when I take over a Chinese civ.
But:
  1. This might justify an extra settler for later Chinese players.
  2. In all my recent games the city with the Great Wall disappered. The Wall graphics remained on the map, but the effect was gone. Coincidence? You want to increase barb pressure? Xiongnu, Khitans anyone?
  3. Kong Miao and Dai Miao either never get built or they're always lost, too.

Somehow I get the feeling that in the current version more cities get destroyed in Chinese civil wars. That's an interesting feature. I like to regain some flexibility as regards city layout when I take over a Chinese civ.
But:
  1. This might justify an extra settler for later Chinese players.
  2. In all my recent games the city with the Great Wall disappered. The Wall graphics remained on the map, but the effect was gone. Coincidence? You want to increase barb pressure? Xiongnu, Khitans anyone?
  3. Kong Miao and Dai Miao either never get built or they're always lost, too.
I didn't change the code directly, but it could be because the Dynasties are weakened.
I loaded 5 games as Majapahit, and thanks to a piece of code from DoC (Danke Leoreth) i made Jurchen waaaaaaaay more aggressive and they always owned all of China and survived the Mongols. Which means on the bright side, i can make Song stronger and less frustrating to play as. That's what i'm trying for the next version. Now i forgot what i actually wanted to say...
Cities with wonders and the wonders itself shouldn't disappear whatsoever. And the shrines doesn't getting build most of the times. Unlike Maurya, the Dynasties just doesn't have enough priest slots by their buildings.

Currently, i'm happy with the early barb pressure. But you do have a point about the Khitan; if it wouldn't be for that city that flips for you as Jurchen you wouldn't even notice their existence.
I'll give Song one more settler for now. Southern China is empty indeed, but i don't want to unbalance the game (And yes, one single settler can do harm;))

@all: China, India, Indo-Greeks and Tibet all have unique names for their vassals. Ghaznavids/Delhi should have that too, but i can't find something i could use. Any ideas?

I think I have a nice wonder to propose, too:, Ulugh Beg's Observatory of Samarkand.

You'll probably like the new wonder I created. It should be released soon. It is the Margareh Observatory. Although close to the Caspian, it was built for Nasir al-Tusi under while working under Hulagu Khan. You could always sub in the art for Ulugh too.

I loaded 5 games as Majapahit, and thanks to a piece of code from DoC (Danke Leoreth) i made Jurchen waaaaaaaay more aggressive and they always owned all of China and survived the Mongols.
Oh, really? What was it?

Autoplay-OMG: "The Mandate of Heaven has been claimed by the RAJAHNATE OF HAN" (Hinduism found in Luoyang...)

You'll probably like the new wonder I created. It should be released soon. It is the Margareh Observatory. Although close to the Caspian, it was built for Nasir al-Tusi under while working under Hulagu Khan. You could always sub in the art for Ulugh too.
I'm thinking about new UHVs for Delhi which might include wonders. If i include new wonders I'd gladly use them:)
Oh, really? What was it?
makeunitAI() with UNIT_AI_CITY_ATTACK_LEMMING for most of their starting units. I did the same for Delhi and Siam, but it worked best for Jurchen; I guess because their UU has collateral damage.

Hi and congrats for the great mod!
I have a bug to report, observed on v1.02 - as playing with Japan, I received a free spy with the first Geisha House built. The spy was acting normaly for a few turns and then his icon and action buttons dissapeared, or when selected it displayed the stats of another of my units. This didnt fix with loading earlier save, and even continued in another games - spies became unusable.

makeunitAI() with UNIT_AI_CITY_ATTACK_LEMMING for most of their starting units. I did the same for Delhi and Siam, but it worked best for Jurchen; I guess because their UU has collateral damage.
Ah, okay, that really proved useful on a number of occasions. I only noticed that their starting force needs to be strong enough to overrun their enemies or else they'll waste all of their units and will be a pushover afterwards.

I don't like that too much. In RFC, conquering means having more cities than another faction in a certain territory. In SoI it's to be the only faction to have cities in a certain territory (but another faction may have cultural control over plots). In RFCE you can even conquer a territory by just covering it with culture entirely. I prefer the SoI method.

So here's what I suggest for texting and coding: "Own at least two cities in each of Burma, Vietnam, Thailand/Cambodia and the Malay Peninsula and be the only civ to have cities in these areas in 1370." I think that could serve as an unambiguous goal for the Thai.

I think that they never conquered Burma,Vietnam or Cambodia.
They never had tried or considered to conquer Burma or Vietnam.
Burma tried to conquer Thailand and Laos(Bayinnaung).
They captured and destroyed Angkor,but didn't conquered Cambodia.
They never tried to conquer or considered Vietnam.
So:"Conquer all of mainland South East Asia" seems a little unhistorical.

Same for Nanzhao. Got a better idea for an adequate challenge? Ahistorical UHVs are the icing on the cake in RFC.

Actually Nanzhao tried invading Burma.
I don't know about Vietnam.

is 1.0.2.1 a "patch" or a new download? Should I throw out the old folder and use this one instead, or copy the patch into the RFCA folder?

When loading a game that i started after patching, i get an error that tells me there is a memory allocation problem and the game is closing.

Hi and congrats for the great mod!
I have a bug to report, observed on v1.02 - as playing with Japan, I received a free spy with the first Geisha House built. The spy was acting normaly for a few turns and then his icon and action buttons dissapeared, or when selected it displayed the stats of another of my units. This didnt fix with loading earlier save, and even continued in another games - spies became unusable.
Welcome! And i hope you enjoy playing it :D
I never looked out for what you noticed, i see what i can do about it.
The HUD becomes a little freakish if you reload the python module while playing, but you said that reloading didn't fix it either
So here's what I suggest for texting and coding: "Own at least two cities in each of Burma, Vietnam, Thailand/Cambodia and the Malay Peninsula and be the only civ to have cities in these areas in 1370." I think that could serve as an unambiguous goal for the Thai.
I'm no fan of those extensive, enormous UHV texts that give you a spoon-fed command what to do. imho Sometimes the UHV should be declared in a way that the player has to use his/her own head to find out what to do exactly, as long as it's not a Sphinx style riddle;)
I think that they never conquered Burma,Vietnam or Cambodia.
Burma tried to conquer Thailand and Laos(Bayinnaung).
They captured and destroyed Angkor,but didn't conquered Cambodia.
They never tried to conquer or considered Vietnam.
So:"Conquer all of mainland South East Asia" seems a little unhistorical.
Siam ingame stand for all the Tai Kingdoms that emerged since 1238 (besides Sukhothai, also Ayuthaya, Lanna, and the Siamese Empire (Rattanakosin) to come. The Lao are also Tai, so you even could include Lan Xang to that list). All of them liked to conquere stuff, so i don't see a reason to not demand from the player to conquer a little more for the ahistorical part, as 2phunkey4u already said.
I just love that moment at the end of every game when you lean back and realize that you did way better than the civ did in history:)

Just for the record: Nanzhao conquered the Pyu city states before the Burma spawn, and they tried to attack Hanoi several times, according to the German Wiki, but never came close enough.
I prefer the English Wiki over the German for research, because the first usually is more detailled, but the Nanzhao article is a decent counterexample.
is 1.0.2.1 a "patch" or a new download? Should I throw out the old folder and use this one instead, or copy the patch into the RFCA folder?
The patch for 1.0.2 had some art glitches, so i uploaded a fix that has every art file necessary.
Technically, it's a Stand Alone patch :p Just using the patch to play should work.
When loading a game that i started after patching, i get an error that tells me there is a memory allocation problem and the game is closing.
That's an issue i face recently, and i don't know what to do about it:blush:. I can't even recall when it happened the first time...

How do I trigger the Mandate of Heaven? Playing as the Jurchen, Korea and I have taken every Chinese city so there are NO choices in the Shift F7 screen, but there has been no election.

Do I need to move my capital to China?

Top Bottom