1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.0

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by civ-addicted, Nov 7, 2011.

1. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

I've just spotted something in the code that might have caused that; there has always been a python exception two turns after the Majapahit spawn, so the (maybe buggy) code couldn't finish to show this error. I'll try to fix that up.

So, i said that i'd release a patch today, but i can't unfortunately. Just on a side note, i'm quite happy about the balancing so far:D I'm almost there to say that it's the way i want it to see up to the Tang birth.
    But talking about balancing: How did you manage to get +228 Gold on 100% :culture:? Is this on viceroy?

2. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Yes it's on viceroy,I built many goldproducing buildings,wonders and have "wealth" in many cities.

3. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Is there also a ship on the same tiles? I think it's just an aesthetic bug. (Please check if they are still on that spot a few turns later))

EDIT: Never mind. I see Civaddicted spotted the problem.

4. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

The patch for Version 1.0.1 is up.

My next project will be to work up China a bit. A conquerer event for the Chinese to get control over Southern China/Vietnam, also to make sure that they don't have that huge disadvantage when the old civ already collapsed. Let's just say, since the game is kinda balanced to the Tang birth, the next step is the Song birth (v1.1 that is).

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Any chance Mongol UP being changed to something else? Merjin promised changes when you were absent, but I don't see them in a change log...

6. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Where do you actually take the city names from?
    I don't have heard of Nepalakaksha (has it something to do with Nepal?),Lakshmanavati,Sakha Dsong....
    I can't find much about them on the internet.

7. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Extensive researches...
    For example, Lakshmanavati is Lucknow.

Sakha Dsong is a town in Southern Tibet.
    Still searching the Nepal thingamajig

8. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Honestly, i didn't come to play them yet, but i think i read it somewhere in the SVN changelog that he included DoC's Mongol UP. From your reaction, i assume that the UP text doesn't show this change;)
    I didn't do all of the citynames myself, Black Whole did a lot of them, too (Tibet, Korea, Maurya, Sri Vijaya and Majapahit f.e.).
    The easiest way is to look for old maps and extract all you need, like from this one:
    Spoiler :
    You pointed out the disadvanteges of this method, because it's not guaranteed that you will find out what city it actually is, which makes the whole renaming-on-conquest thing almost impossible. I guess you're asking about your modmod; all i can say is that you shouldn't underestimate the effort it takes to make it all work out. That's the reason why China isn't completed yet. It's a question of cosmetics whose errors aren't that obvious like misplaced unit art, so i find it bearable if it's one of the last things included. Don't waste your time doing that now, you should focus on techs, units and buildings to have a playable alpha version.
    I can't tell you what Nepalakaksha is because i didn't make that. Lakshmanavati on the other hand is an ancient name for Gaur, West Bengal. It's not 100% historical, because it never was the capital of Gupta, but there has been a lot of good reasons for me to choose this spot:
    - It's next to Pataliputra, to make sure that Gupta will get their capital in most games
    - It was the capital of Pala Empire, so the city is kinda important
    - This area was empty before
    - It's actually a pretty good spot
    - There is a theory that the Gupta Dynasty's roots are in Bengals, so it's not completly made out of thin air
    Just in case you've wondered:mischief: I didn't want the same thing like SoI's Cairo with Ayyubids and Mamluks, because i find that to be too deterministic in the end.
    That's one of the problems if you name your cities after gods and godesses, that's why there are more Indrapuras in SE Asias that i want there to be:p

9. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Nepalakaksha?
    Is that a place in Nepal,or has it something to do with Nepal?
    Kathmandu would be a better name for a city in that area.

10. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Should answer you question perfectly fine for now. This simply states that we do not have the answer to this at the moment, and it's not really an 'Important' step to change this until we've finished a lot of more game-balancing and more directly game affecting things. That aesthetical change can be done later.

11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Provided SVN link does not work with regular SVN programs like TortoiseSVN (un-updated version 1.6.16)

After lots of trials and errors I finally cooked a link that works

[WRONG]https://rfca-unm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rfca-unm[/WRONG]

and one needs to rename the main folder to rfca-unm.

Would be best if music and everything sit in SVN -- that way one would spend a lot of time only ones during the initial update, but then can go through SVN checkouts fast and never download and place additional files, like music...

git looks really really strange... perhaps it is some clever command in SVN not the regular https link used in DoC, SoI and RFCE :crazyeye:

P.S. Never mind, this link works but it does not update the main folder, rather creates another folder inside :( Can someone please help me?

12. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

So...
    there are (at least) two Lakshmanavati? :p

I wonder why Indian weren't that creative for naming their cities :p #joke
    Btw. I'm having a bit problem with SVN..

13. 2phunkey4u

2phunkey4u West-Eastern Divan

Gupta are still impossible, unfortunately.

14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I didn't upload the new Mongol UP. (Leoreth didn't say yet that it's alright if we borrow his code, but I think he will, when he returns)

I already tried to merge in the code and test it, so I could upload it a bit sooner, but (due to my lack of python skills :() it didn't work properly, so I decided to revert all files and do it another time. (Or civaddicted should do it)

I also updated the changelog, but I forgot to revert it when I reverted the other files of the UP. So practically, nothing has been done to the Mongol UP by me. :(

@ BenZL43,

What kind of problems do you have with the SVN?

@ Everyone who want to use the SVN,

This is the correct root: "https://svn.code.sf.net/p/rfca-unm/code1/trunk rfca-unm-code1"

15. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Never mind...
    The root you gave solve it ;)

16. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

SVN now asks for some kind of username and password even when you just want to do the Checkout :( What did you guys do with your SVN to make it so different from everybody else's :D? I never had problems before

17. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I'm aware of this problem. I don't know what caused it, but I will try to solve it.

18. 2phunkey4u

• DoM text says Nanzhao start in 737, while actually they do in 750.
    • Played as Indo-Greeks, had a massive stability penalty after Gupta spwan. It went from +10 to -30. I lost Palibotra, Ganges and Labokla to indies and ragequit. 2nd try took the city after the Gupta spawn. The penalty was less severe but instead I was too late for the 2nd shrine then.
    • I confirm the Tibetan UHV 2 issue mentioned earlier. I had also posted a save in one of my preious posts.

19. 2phunkey4u

• Lost Song UHV1 bc as I discovered through WB Tang had researched Printing during auto-play. How about recoding the tech condition to "be the first alive civ to discover..."?
    • There should be a way to cut trade with the west on your own or trade away the resources. I played a Qin and got iron from traders but I could not trade it to Korea or Viet Nam even though I wanted to. Otherwise, if the camel or maritime access resource is pillaged, trade should be temporarily interrupted.
    • Can you temporarily do Ming as an unplayable respawn of a Chinese civ to stop Mongols from winning domination victories? Can't do any civs with goals past 1440 atm. That possibly includes Majapahit.

20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I realy don't like the ethnic buildings. IMO, they are very ugly and make the mod worse. SO, I want to remove them from the mod. It makes the mod a lot better (graphical) and it reduces the size of the mod a lot. (I estimate a reduction of 40-50 MB!)

Do you agree with me?

NOTE: I only mean the ethnic buildings. Not the ethnic citystyles.