1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.0

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by civ-addicted, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

In my game the Mongols claimed the Mandate of Heaven numerous times,I don't know about Jurchens...

2. Olafmikli

Olafmikli Chieftain

Yeah, I may be wrong about the Mongols but as Jurchen I control ALL of China and no indepedents or native Chinese(or even the Mongols) are alive. I'm Confucian with 50+ Stability and a good economy.

Oh and I've found that the Great Wall had never been built by 1200 and I can't built it either. Unless it was built on some stupid island I don't see any of it's walls.

IMO any civ should be able to claim the Mandate, just have to be stable owning China(which is hard as anyone other than a Chinese or Nomad Civ, possibly Nanzhao would be able to do it.

3. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

You need to have your Palace in China, that's the basic requirement. The Jurchen and Mongol AI gets it for free, the human player has to build it by itself.

4. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I claimed the Mandate of Heaven as the Gokturks and my name was changed to "Kong Empire",
    but I didn't control all of China,but I had my palace in China.
    I managed to do that because the Song collapsed,except the Mongols,which I "expelled" from China and greatly weakened them.
    Where do you actually get the names from when your civname changes when you claim the MoH?
    Tibet is actually a part of "China",but it doesn't count in the game..

5. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

They come from my mad mind actually:lol: I took terms that are related to the civs in terms of history and/or UHVs, and used the sites i usually use to research for Japanese to get the Chinese words for what i was looking for (i watched that all use different Romanizations).
    Tibet is part of China today, sure, and it was a vassal (in CIV terms) under Yuan and Qing. But if you look at the rest of the timeline, almost all the time the Chinese Emperors just had control over (max) what is defined in the game as China. The Manchu were the first and only foreign people who were accepted by all Chinese people as Emperors via the Mandate of Heaven (that's what i read, i guess the Mongols have been seen as foreigners during the Yuan Dynasty), so the MoH was factually restricted to Han people before that. And i can't imagine that the Chinese people, especially the Han, would have accepted an Emperor residing in the Himalaya; i just guess that so many ancient capitals were in the triangle Beijing-Kaifeng-Xi'an for a reason.
    So please don't think that Uyghuristan and Tibet are excluded for some strange political reason:)

6. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I see that you already fixed it, so it doesn't matter anymore. And the Trireme on the Ocean bug isn't a major one, luckily.

Oh, I see. I can live with it.

Indeed. It was so strong it wasn't even funny anymore.

Ok.

I don't think we realy need them, but if we want 2 more wonders, this are 2 good ones IMO.

Thanks. I copied the buttons from other mods. (Although I placed an extra sail on the Transport button myself)

7. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Japan has NO starting techs,that's the reaseon that it is far behind all other civs!
    Please fix it!

8. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

This bug has already been reported and fixed. (Only in the next version however)

If you unzip this in the python files, the Japanese will have starting techs. (And some other updates)

9. 2phunkey4u

2phunkey4u West-Eastern Divan

I suggest that Hanseong gets Timber in its BFC bc a) it's production potential sucks and b) you're supposed to build hellalotta warships. Don't you agree?

10. Black Hawk 4701

Black Hawk 4701 Chieftain

I was playing as Tibet and had a lot of fun with them, I finished the first UHV, it's difficult, but achievable, then as I was checking nearing the date for the 2nd UHV, all the SE Asian civs were Buddhist, I still failed it. There was an independent Da Nang which was Hindu, I'm not sure but it could be the problem.

11. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Why does Japan spawn somewhere in the 3rd century AD?
    Wasn't Japan founded by Emperor Jimmu Tenno in 660 BC?

12. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

I just tried a game as Korea yesterday and i agree that it's a little frustrating that you don't have wood; but i just imaging that gifting them wood would make them build Izumo Shrine and Imperial Library again (which, gladly, happens rarely atm), and i fear even more units instead of ships. Korea was one of the first civs to be kinda balanced. UHVs are all doable, and i rather want to nerf them more instead of gifting them resources.
    Vietnam, Khmer, Nanzhao, Birma and Sri Vijaya count as SE Asians civs at the moment. I'll look up the code, and a savegame would be useful.
    That was the topic of my very first post in RFCA. That was the answer:"I chose that date because the first entity, which you can call an empire, namely the Yamato, has formed at that date"
    Well, now i would fear that you would either have a game as Japan that'd took hours to finish (making you play them less), or making them finish way before the game gets interesting.
    Maybe, just maybe, making them start at 660BC would be cooler, and if there's a strong desire of the community, i'll try that out.

13. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

If you want the koreans to build less wonders, then change the following line in the LeaderheadInfos for the korean leader(s):
    <iWonderConstructRand>
    Just don't place it on 0, as then they won't build wonders at all. 50's a max, but that will be too much for them, as 50's for wondermongers.

14. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

I've already put it down to 10, which is one of the lowest value. After all, it's not like i want them to never-ever-ever build a wonder, it was just that there has been times when there where 7 or more, from Great Harbor to Izumo Shrine, in Pyongyang.
    I usually balance the civs with the costs of buildings etc. via python, but i shouldn't forget that editing LH personalities is a powerful tool;)

15. veBear

You might try to lower it to 5, just to be sure. I believe I've seen that value before :)

16. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Alright, if i do that i can reduce the wonder costs for them a bit. It's not all that fun if you'd have to waste 30-40 for a single wonder, when you could use that time to build a pretty impressive fleet.

17. veBear

^That's as true as it gets

18. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I don't know if this is a bug,but...
    I was playing as the Tang Dynasty and I saw Majapahit LAND units standing in the water.
    Is that their unique power?
    It's weird,only naval units can enter ocean tiles.

19. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I don't completely understand. Can you post a screenshot, please?

20. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Spoiler :

Attached Files: