Rhye's and Fall of Britannia

The new static LH are missing in the download.

You don't have to launch a new version with only 1 or 2 changes every now and then. The mod is currently in a too early stage to be playable. This little changes don't make the difference. It's better to wait and launch a working alpha version instead. I will help you with it if you want.

(Don't feel offended. It's great to know you're making progress on the mod.)

((I'm not offended. :) The new LHs though should not be missing, they are in the artdefines and in the Leaderhead folder. I made only one folder for the leaders.

Look at Art/Interface/Leaderheads

Everything for the leaderheads should be inside there.

And I'd be thankful for your help. SVN Version then... Hmmm... Just have to figure out how to truly use TortoiseSVN now.

Edit: Just noticed where your confusion is coming from. I foolishly added to the archive instead of making a new one. That also made it twice the size.

I keep on getting a CTD :(

for me it crashes during XML check

I did look at the map though and this is just my 2 cents but I don't see the point of including any of continental europe. I just don't see what you will gain by including it. the various invaders don't need any land of their own, they can just spawn on the coast.

are celtic and catholic christianity going to both be represented? and the Synod of Whitby that unified them?

for me it crashes during XML check
:agree:
I did look at the map though and this is just my 2 cents but I don't see the point of including any of continental europe. I just don't see what you will gain by including it. the various invaders don't need any land of their own, they can just spawn on the coast.
Also :agree:, AI sucks at over sea invasions and the Frankish kingdom would just kinda sit there.

That map is probably big enough on it's own.

Your commment in the other thread just remembered me that i promised you flags before i went on hiatus:blush:
I'm really sorry that i forgot that. Do you have anything i can do to repay this?

hey i hope you are still working on this. dark ages britain was actually the next thing I was going to try after my classical world mod. if you're having trouble getting from where you are to a playable alpha, I can probably help since I just did exactly the same thing. the way I did it was this:
1. start with SoI as is.
2. sub in your map
3. change everything else: civ names, spawn locations and dates etc
4. remove SoI stuff
unfortunately my specific knowledge only applies to the next-to-most-recent SoI, but the new is supposed to be easier. with notepad++ you can actually open all the python at once and just replace things across all files like Abbasids>Wessex or whatever. then you run it and wait for the stuff that doesn't make sense and fix it.

also I really think you should include celtic and roman christianity as seperate at first, unified by a synod of whitby event, which would make a cool UHV for northumbria or someone.

I also think you should have 2 viking civs, since the danes who conquered the midlands and the norwegians who dominated the irish a scottish coasts were different groups.

also I recently read a great book called "warlords and holy men: scotland ad80-1000" by alfred smyth with a tremendous amout of detail on that time and place.

I think you should keep the mainland stuff, at least if the Normans and Norse are playable. Its just a matter of having on spawn wars and boats.

so how's it going?
Still messing with things. Had to restart a few times. >_< Anyways, I'm still working on it.
I think you should keep the mainland stuff, at least if the Normans and Norse are playable. Its just a matter of having on spawn wars and boats.
The Normans and Norse are playable.

Top Bottom