Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

@Blas: Not sure, but I fear that you are correct. This somewhat annoys me (somewhat???)... grr, I HATE having roads everywhere.

osw said:
MY ENTIRE CIVILISATION FELL APART IN ONE TURN - THIS MUST BE A BUG!

playing my first game on your (up until now wonderful) mod. English, Absolute Monarchy, around the year 1400 however I can't be sure of the exact date as the year counter simply reads "NOV" every turn - however this isn't really my concern. I have taken about 60% of Europe including all of France, Netherlands, Germany, Byzantines and Austria. I have 18 cities under my control, apart from Byzantines all fully asimilated. Most cities surounding London are size 10.

things were fine up until I decided to build my forbidden palace in Vienna, 3 tiles S.E of France. On the turn it was built corruption went through the roof and turned most of my cities into one gpt wastes of space. Even cities next door to the capital in London were not spared the same depressing fate (London was unaffected).

I have never seen anything like this while playing civ3. Can you, or anyone else shed some light on this?

Thank you

OSW

This really sounds as one of the bugs in the pre-1.22 version of Conquests. Have you patched it?

Argh. My Israel game failed miserably. I was dogpiled starting a bit before 0 AD and through about 1000 AD, and eventually lost my second city (the only one I had other than my capital) so I just gave up, seeing as I was at war with almost everyone I knew, including my neighbors, with no means to defend myself for long. I could have compromised earlier and avoided such a big war but been limited to just one city for a long time, and I probably could have won the 1-city culture victory that way, but I don't like small empires. =P
(Damn, that last sentance was totally screwed up... Heh, who cares?)

Rhye said:
ciao, siamo fermi alla 1.23 e non mi muoverò più da lì. Ho fatto una versione multiplayer, la puoi scaricare dal sito.

Per cambiare il num max di civ, devi aprire il file BIQ che ti interessa, e cambiare rules->world size oppure player properties. E' più difficile spiegarlo a parole che a farlo.
Grazie Rhye, proverò a cambiare qualcosina, vediamo un pò che combino!

Thanks for ur advice Three Crowns, you wonderful chap... however I'm already running v1.23 of the expansion pack. I downloaded the basic mod and expansion together just last week. Any other ideas?

osw said:
Thanks for ur advice Three Crowns, you wonderful chap... however I'm already running v1.23 of the expansion pack. I downloaded the basic mod and expansion together just last week. Any other ideas?

No, I meant version 1.22 of Conquests - not the mod.

first of all: congratulations for your mod (the best one in history),
the thread (the longest in history) and of course the second thread (the first second thread in cf history)!

I currently play a game as rome. i´m in 17th century and my pop has finally
grown beyond 40% of world pop, i think roundabout 44%.

The Japanese now have ca 35700 cultural points in total, but neither of us has won the game till know, although the victory screen says you need either 40% pop, or 35000 cult points....

now i ask myself when we reach the point a civ wins the game.
you know, i started nuclear holocaust when i had 39% pop, the americans had built 9 spaceship parts and the japs very close to the 35k cult points.

so i just nuked the two biggest american cities, destroyed their spaceship,
nuked 3 jap towns (and one indian town to get rid of my old atomic bombs).

and at first, that tactic seemed to work. i´ve decimated enough enemy pop while my cities did steadily grow and cracked the 40% pop limit.

The attack also slowed down the jap cultural development.

But no victory for me :(

A positive effect of this dirty bloddy massacre of course was, that the americans and japanese wanted to become my friends afterwards, and even nuked the arabic capital for me, from where they had nuked ol´innocent and peaceful Babylon which was conquered back in the good old days when my glorious legions were still marching and civilizing the barbarian world that once existed outside romes borders...but i extravagate from my original topic.

hope to hear from you and get a short explanation how the vic cond work.

read you
loco

Aeon221 said:
@Blas: Not sure, but I fear that you are correct. This somewhat annoys me (somewhat???)... grr, I HATE having roads everywhere.
I can confirm that terrain where a road gives no food-shield-or-gold benefit cannot have a road built on it.

You do not like the appearance of roads, their affect on movement, or both?
There are plenty of different road graphics. I suppose you could make them invisible. :lol:
You could change their movement affect (e.g., 2 or even 1), or make them take longer to build.

@locomuchacho: For a domination victory, you need 40% of the population AND 25% of the land area. For a cultural victory, you need atleast 35k cultural points AND more than double of any other civ.

I'm just curious, but how are you supposed to play as the Koreans? I'm always stuck with 2 cities unable to expand further in. I think someone mentioned going the mapmaking route but I try to get Great Library immediately so I don't have to worry about tech, is that a bad idea? Can anyone give me suggestions>?

Three_Crowns said:
@locomuchacho: For a domination victory, you need 40% of the population AND 25% of the land area. For a cultural victory, you need atleast 35k cultural points AND more than double of any other civ.

thanks mate.... should have read the manual earlier...
nice we everybody-and try not only to play ryhes mod. i know it´s hard, but there are nice thhings to do outside too...

@V. Soma: I can playtest! Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time lately- as my signature will attest- an hour or two a night at best, but I am more than willing to start a game if you could send it to me. PM for my email address, since you can't attach files in PMs.

@Rhye: No biggie, here's the RoCX version. Again, if anyone wants to use it, be my guest! An update on my RoCX game, I just started an Egypt game a few days ago, and am chugging along with Arabia firmly under my spurs along with Jerusalem (first of four Israelite cities), and Suez just east of the Nile delta. Do any other players build this worthless canal city?

@RabidElf: Yeah, the Great Library’s not going to work for Korea. You need Map Making to grab the best island city spots to the south before the Japanese do- the Chinese rarely build ships or even coastal cities. You can even snag a few cities south of Beijing on the mainland, if you’re quick. Then grab Magnetism and head for America with your caravels (the Turtleship will help later against Japan) and colonize from the east.

SilverKnight :king:

Attachments

• World War II (RoCX).zip
    110 KB · Views: 366
sliverknight->nice work, just a couple of suggestions: -add an italian city in southern italy; -swap colours: give USSR red, give England dark red, Italy green and India russian brown.
oh BTW, why don't you write a strategy guide for Korea? I'll upload it on the site if you do :)

bloodofages->update conquests to 1.22. Read the FAQ on the site!!
http://rhyesciv.uw.hu/faq.html

Jaybe said:
I can confirm that terrain where a road gives no food-shield-or-gold benefit cannot have a road built on it.

You do not like the appearance of roads, their affect on movement, or both?
There are plenty of different road graphics. I suppose you could make them invisible. :lol:
You could change their movement affect (e.g., 2 or even 1), or make them take longer to build.

I dont like how they get built everywhere. Its messy. I guess I will just have to deal with it.

Rhye said:
sliverknight->nice work, just a couple of suggestions: -add an italian city in southern italy; -swap colours: give USSR red, give England dark red, Italy green and India russian brown.
oh BTW, why don't you write a strategy guide for Korea? I'll upload it on the site if you do :)

A lot of cities are missing, as you may note- South America, Africa, India, southeast Asia, etc. In the case of Italy, I was wondering if you had any specific suggestions. Messina, perhaps? :confused: Also, India was still ruled by the British for the most part, and is represented as such in most Civ scenarios. Why the colors? WWII uniforms?

And sure, I'll write a strategy guide for them. First I have to finish mopping up the Middle East! :egypt: :ar15:

SilverKnight :thumbsup:

RabidElf said:
I'm just curious, but how are you supposed to play as the Koreans? I'm always stuck with 2 cities unable to expand further in. I think someone mentioned going the mapmaking route but I try to get Great Library immediately so I don't have to worry about tech, is that a bad idea? Can anyone give me suggestions>?

The only way I was able to survive is to conquer China in the ancient age. With strong China Korea inevitably sqeezed between China, Mongolia and Japan. Another trik - try to pass warrior into middle east and europe early and trade tech agressivly.

What's the biggest empire any of you have built in RoCX? I had a game with Mongolia that ended with me having the pop. requirements for domination, but I was 3% shy of the territory requirement. Of course this empire included all of North and South America. Has anyone been able to conquer ALL of Europe/Asia?
A domination victory without conquering the Americas would be quite impressive and worthy of a tale of how it was done (accompanied by screenshots). :D

Rhye, when will mp be finished? I've got a nice home network set up and Ive been itching to play my friend in RoCx MP.

Top Bottom