Rhye's Warlords bug reports

Yes. I could. Actually, it wouldn't have been a bad place to put one down although I would have preferred further south. However, the real issue remains the question of why workboats can appear on one-tile improvement-less seas.

Again, if you wanna see a new version I need help with these 2 fixes:

1 - Hammurabi blank text

2 - Wars without contacts

Especially for the latter, which I couldn't reproduce. I need a save of before it happens.

Again, if you wanna see a new version I need help with these 2 fixes:

1 - Hammurabi blank text

2 - Wars without contacts

Especially for the latter, which I couldn't reproduce. I need a save of before it happens.
The "wars without contacts" happens to me all the time, I'll see if I can reproduce a save. It's so annoying, playing as Babylon I get civs like Rome, Japan, France and Carthage who always declare war on me even before I meet them.
----------------------------------------------
Rhye,
For the Hammurabic blank text, I've noticed that you've combined the Babylonian text into one single XML file. Now I can't find where you linked that file to the diplomacy info. Could that be the problem? that maybe you haven't set the constant for the greeting diplomacy text?

If you can tell me what the Babylonian XML file is linked to I will investigate the topic as soon as possible ;).

Cheers.

Regarding the declarations of war from civs you haven't met yet, then there doesn't seem to be a check for whether civs have met yet or not in the AIWars.py file.

Adding the following check just before the declaration of war is enforced should resolve this problem - assuming this is in fact what causes it.

if (iTargetCiv >= 0 and iTargetCiv <= iNumPlayers):
_ if (gc.getTeam(gc.getPlayer(iCiv).getTeam()).isHasMet(iTargetCiv)):
_ _ gc.getTeam(gc.getPlayer(iCiv).getTeam()).declareWar(iTargetCiv, True)

EDIT: oops, small oversight on my part in the code. Fixed now

I haven't got the 1.04 patch yet, but in the warlords version:

The Mongol unique power does not work. How close does a city have to be to a raised city to surrender to the horde? Does it have to be approached in the same turn or the next turn? I raised Dairen and approached Seoul (was at war with both China and Independents) and nothing happened.

Also, when I was playing yesterday the computer would spontaneously turn itself off. It was very warm weather and the computer felt hot...was this the cause?

I haven't got the 1.53 vanilla patch either, but:

Arab UHV doesn't work. When do you have to spread Islam to 40% by?
Not sure American UHV works either. I built the three wonders by 1940 and nothing happened. Also, if England already has America's starting position in its territory when the Americans are born, the Americans start in the stone age with no technologies! Shouldn't America start with at least all the techs avaliable to England in 1730?

Not exactly bugs but one Persian goal and the Arabia religion spread goal are just ridiculous difficult.

Persia:
Control 20% of world territory by 600 AD

Impossible. 4 % is a realistic target. Check this post.

Arabia:
Spread Islam to 40%

40 % is awesome. In combination with the other Arabian goals this UHV is one of the hardest. I would say 25 or 20 % should be enough.

Mongolia:
Control 20% of world territory by 1500 AD

Again too hard. Just imagine how many cities you need for this goal. And this goes against goal 2 "raze 7 cities". I would change this goal (20% world territory) in "have 4 vassal states".

As someone mentioned before the "all civs declare war on me" bug can be fixed by turning off "aggressive AI".

Rhye, The first UHV for arabia gives a bug, I contole 3 holy shrines (judaism, Chiristianity and islam), but all I got was a big fat no.
here the save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/98114/AutoSave_AD-1170_Turn_208.CivWarlordsSave
I started out as babylon and took Jeruzalem after judaism got founded. I got a prophet, and build the shrine.
I jumped to the arabs and not only did I get the holy city of islam in Makkah, it was also the holy city for christianty. To prophets later, I got 3 shrines in two cities.

Not exactly bugs but one Persian goal and the Arabia religion spread goal are just ridiculous difficult.

Persia:

Impossible. 4 % is a realistic target. Check this post.

Arabia:

40 % is awesome. In combination with the other Arabian goals this UHV is one of the hardest. I would say 25 or 20 % should be enough.

Mongolia:

Again too hard. Just imagine how many cities you need for this goal. And this goes against goal 2 "raze 7 cities". I would change this goal (20% world territory) in "have 4 vassal states".

As someone mentioned before the "all civs declare war on me" bug can be fixed by turning off "aggressive AI".

I did manage to get to 40% Islam as the Arabs on Viceroy, but nothing happened. I got the Warlords Patch, played as the Persians and the Satrapy power apparently doesn't work (not to mention that conquering Babylon is nearly f---ing impossible with that ridiculuosly over-powered Babylonian UU).

Otherwise I absolutely agree with you, especially about Persia. I'm lucky if I can get to 6% of world territory by 600AD on Viceroy, and even then I'll be losing 29 gpt due to maintainence costs even on 0% research! There is a reason why I've never seen a strategy guide for Persia or Mongolia (and I've been looking hard)- because no one has been able to win as these civs! No one CAN win as these civs! 20% of world territory is like half of Eurasia-you're doing well if you can achieve it by the Modern Age. Since when did Persia control the bulk of Eurasia?

I absolutely agree with you, especially about Persia. I'm lucky if I can get to 6% of world territory by 600AD on Viceroy, and even then I'll be losing 29 gpt due to maintainence costs even on 0% research! There is a reason why I've never seen a strategy guide for Persia or Mongolia (and I've been looking hard)- because no one has been able to win as these civs! No one CAN win as these civs! 20% of world territory is like half of Eurasia-you're doing well if you can achieve it by the Modern Age. Since when did Persia control the bulk of Eurasia?
I never played RFC on Civ3 (more's the pity) but it appears that several of the UHVs have been brought directly over from it w/o any play-testing. Not blaming anyone. We all have only 24 hours in the day. I love this mod. It's all I play these days. Still, I would like an acknowledgment that UHVs have not been sufficiently tested.

There are others (English, Spanish and Aztec come to mind) which come down on the other side. They are sooo easy, even on Emperor.

I should've mentioned this ages ago as it has happened in every version I can remember, but holy cities often lose their status halfway through a game for no apparant reason. I have to manually fix them through the worldbuilder.

A bug exclusive to this version (that is, I assume it's a bug) is how as France, the first religion I received was Hinduism. I had no contact with a Hindu Empire (just Ashoka) until this point and Hinduism had only spread as far as Parsa before arriving in Bordeaux. The very next turn Buddhism had arrived in London. I imagine this is a bug because Ashoka wasn't particularly strong and nor were his two religions, and this is the first time such a distant spread has happened in any game of mine (excluding new world oddities and China sending a missionary to Russia).

The Japanese "no foreign culture in main islands" trigger didn't work. It still says "not accomplished" in 1712 and I definitely had no foreign culture anywhere near my islands...

Disappearing holy cities are still very frequent.

I made a post in the other bug report thread before I noticed the one for

RFCW. Mentioning that the AI of late starting civs disbands its workers, I

have seen it in both vanilla and warlords, both patched up to date and with

latest mod versions.

I made a post in the other bug report thread before I noticed the one for

RFCW. Mentioning that the AI of late starting civs disbands its workers, I

have seen it in both vanilla and warlords, both patched up to date and with

latest mod versions.

That's interesting. I never saw it in warlords so far. I will take a look again.

Top Bottom