RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

More Bugs with Egrass the Founder
He dont have the Button "Route to Mode"
Also he can upgrade to Jotnar Reaver what is strange for a UU to be able to upgrade to a ragulare Unit.

btw. all my Reports so fare are from the first downlodable 22 version

The first isn't a bug, more of a base issue... He's not UNITCOMBAT_WORKER, so he doesn't get the button.

The second is actually WAD, I believe... He can upgrade to a few units.

Egrass the Founder cant build Ice Nodes.
What I so fare havent found out is how Jontar sould spread Religions (The normal Units for this are blocked and at last the first Disciplin unit the Gothi also dont seem to be able to spread religion)

Ice nodes would be a bug/oversight on my part. Will fix.

Spreading religion...if you have adopted a state religion any of your disciple units can spend three turns casting "Spread the Word" to spread your state religion.

More Bugs with Egrass the Founder
He dont have the Button "Route to Mode"
Also he can upgrade to Jotnar Reaver what is strange for a UU to be able to upgrade to a ragulare Unit.

btw. all my Reports so fare are from the first downlodable 22 version

Route to mode was explained by Valk. A fix above my pay grade would be required.

Upgrades are indeed WAD. Egrass is designed to be very flexible. Depending on your choice of religion/leader he can fill any number of roles. As the downside he isn't really awesome at any one thing...except terraforming. He is a 15' tall terraforming Swiss army knife. :lol:

A bear pack with the Pegasus rider promotion is in my base killing my dudes. As cool as bear riding flying horses are this is sightly annoying.

A bear pack with the Pegasus rider promotion is in my base killing my dudes. As cool as bear riding flying horses are this is sightly annoying.

HAHA for me it was a Pegasus riding Treent. I was showing FfH/FF/FF+ to a friend it was his 1st game. Was a tad much for turn 40ish.

We resolved via me introducing him to the World editor but made us laugh.

had some odd issues when I tried to play the new version last night. Every worker was capable of building improvements in places they shouldn't go. ie, plantations, quarries, pastures, etc, could be built on any tile even if it contained no resource or hills. lso, most builds said something like "Spreads culture control to territory" on mousing over the button.

I have chipotle enabled, might that be something to do with it ?

:lmao:

had some odd issues when I tried to play the new version last night. Every worker was capable of building improvements in places they shouldn't go. ie, plantations, quarries, pastures, etc, could be built on any tile even if it contained no resource or hills. lso, most builds said something like "Spreads culture control to territory" on mousing over the button.

WAD. My improvement module got merged. The "blank" pastures and such allow spread of resources you control.

Like Vermicious said, his ImprovementTweaks got merged in. All improvements can be built anywhere, improvements that affect resources have a chance of either discovering or spreading them...

If it's a mineral resource, they can be discovered. If it's food, they can be spread, meaning you must have an instance of that resource first.

As for the 'Spreads Culture' mouseover... Lots of improvements got that (Towns, so on), with a range of -1. All it means, is if you mouseover them it says, for example, Balseraph Town rather than Town.

Improvements that have a range of 0 on up actually affect culture.

Not sure if this has been brought up already...

Every time I've started a new game, there's no UI. If I advance a turn with it gone it crashes. I need to save & reload to get it back.

Performance seems poor as well; moving units around is very choppy. Oddly, when the UI is gone (from the above bug) there is no choppiness while moving units... which leads me to believe that the UI is responsible.

i tried to start a archipilago map with the latest version and everytime i get a runtime error, and civ quits.

Also couldent open the tresure chest left behind from the long-sighted but was able to claim Orthus axe from the tresure chest orthus droped.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "CvSpellInterface", line 28, in cast
  File "<string>", line 0, in ?
  File "CvSpellInterface", line 3734, in spellSpring
AttributeError: 'CyGlobalContext' object has no attribute 'getInfoForString'
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

Actually not so much bug but a typo.
'getInfoForString' should be 'getInfoTypeForString' as in:
Code:
3726  def spellSpring(caster):
         :
3732  	if iTerrain == gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_DESERT'):
3733  		pPlot.setTerrainType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_PLAINS'),True,True)
3734  		if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FLOOD_PLAINS'):
        		                     -----------------------
3735  			pPlot.setFeatureType(-1, -1)

I also got a first turn crash. Seemed to have something to do with Jotnar Settlers, but I didn't investigate further. (I played No Settlers Option)
Code:
last entries in MPLog.txt
--------------------------
Player 8 Unit 16385 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_UTIRUSO's Scout) moving from 65:43 to 65:42
Player 8 City 8192 built at 65:44
Player 8 Unit 8192 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_UTIRUSO's Settler) moving from 65:44 to -2147483647:-2147483647
Player 8 Turn OFF
Player 9 Turn ON
Player 9 Unit 57350 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Sloegrrekkr) moving from 80:57 to 79:57
Player 9 Unit 57350 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Sloegrrekkr) moving from 79:57 to 78:57
Player 9 Unit 32771 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Jotnar Citizen) moving from 80:57 to 79:57
Player 9 Unit 32771 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Jotnar Citizen) moving from 79:57 to 78:57
Player 9 Unit 40964 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Jotnar Citizen) moving from 80:57 to 79:57
Player 9 Unit 40964 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Jotnar Citizen) moving from 79:57 to 78:57
Player 9 City 8192 built at 80:57

last entries in PythonDbg.log
-------------------------------
cata check1
settler check1
settler check2

Captured a Elk that was Guarding a Creation Mana Node but it keept its Help Promotion after capturing.
War Beast Promotion dont shows picture if I am with the mouse over the unit.

Not sure if this has been brought up already...

Every time I've started a new game, there's no UI. If I advance a turn with it gone it crashes. I need to save & reload to get it back.

Performance seems poor as well; moving units around is very choppy. Oddly, when the UI is gone (from the above bug) there is no choppiness while moving units... which leads me to believe that the UI is responsible.

Are you using a foreign language? Somewhere, one of the merged textkeys only supports English... Try to catch them all, but sometimes I miss one. :lol:

To fix it for now, load BtS, switch the language to English, and then load FFPlus.

Also couldent open the tresure chest left behind from the long-sighted but was able to claim Orthus axe from the tresure chest orthus droped.

This is known, and already fixed for the next version.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "CvSpellInterface", line 28, in cast
  File "<string>", line 0, in ?
  File "CvSpellInterface", line 3734, in spellSpring
AttributeError: 'CyGlobalContext' object has no attribute 'getInfoForString'
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface
Actually not so much bug but a typo.
'getInfoForString' should be 'getInfoTypeForString' as in:
Code:
3726  def spellSpring(caster):
         :
3732      if iTerrain == gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_DESERT'):
3733          pPlot.setTerrainType(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_PLAINS'),True,True)
3734          if pPlot.getFeatureType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FLOOD_PLAINS'):
                                     -----------------------
3735              pPlot.setFeatureType(-1, -1)
I also got a first turn crash. Seemed to have something to do with Jotnar Settlers, but I didn't investigate further. (I played No Settlers Option)
Code:
last entries in MPLog.txt
--------------------------
Player 8 Unit 16385 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_UTIRUSO's Scout) moving from 65:43 to 65:42
Player 8 City 8192 built at 65:44
Player 8 Unit 8192 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_UTIRUSO's Settler) moving from 65:44 to -2147483647:-2147483647
Player 8 Turn OFF
Player 9 Turn ON
Player 9 Unit 57350 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Sloegrrekkr) moving from 80:57 to 79:57
Player 9 Unit 57350 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Sloegrrekkr) moving from 79:57 to 78:57
Player 9 Unit 32771 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Jotnar Citizen) moving from 80:57 to 79:57
Player 9 Unit 32771 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Jotnar Citizen) moving from 79:57 to 78:57
Player 9 Unit 40964 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Jotnar Citizen) moving from 80:57 to 79:57
Player 9 Unit 40964 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_FATHER_KASGHENAL's Jotnar Citizen) moving from 79:57 to 78:57
Player 9 City 8192 built at 80:57

last entries in PythonDbg.log
-------------------------------
cata check1
settler check1
settler check2

The first one is already known and fixed (Did it quickly from memory, so it's my bad. :lol:), the onether one I'm really not sure about.

Captured a Elk that was Guarding a Creation Mana Node but it keept its Help Promotion after capturing.
War Beast Promotion dont shows picture if I am with the mouse over the unit.

What do you mean with the War Beast promotion?

All Mana Guardians currently maintain Held. I was going to put them on a leash, but in the end decided to wait until I revamp the whole system... I suppose I could give them an autoacquire promo that removes Held, acquired when owned by someone other than Cernunnos, Bhall, or Agares.

I've fixed the first bug you posted (Bug from FFPlus Better AI... Thanks for posting that one! Wouldn't have caught it otherwise.). I'm not sure WHAT caused the second one, however.

I talking about the Promotion from the Jontar that one can give to captured Animals called War Beast.

I got that much. :p I just wanted to know what the problem was. It doesn't show an icon when you mouseover? Do you mean it's a pink square in the tooltip, or what?

Top Bottom