1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Leverkuhn

Leverkuhn Chieftain

In this savegame, I research Honor as Elohim, but Empyrean remains unfounded (and I don't receive an Ecclesiastic). Entering world builder and gifting myself Ecclesiastics yields bizarre results. (Popup announces that Empyrean has been founded in Cahir Abbey, Ecclesiastic consumed, no religion in city, religion advisor shows Empyrean as unfounded but lists Cahir Abbey as its holy city.) I very slightly modded the XML to make the Creative trait useful (+100% prod. of theatres, +50% culture) but I don't think that could affect anything.

Attached Files:

2. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Now I know what was bugging me! You left out the 'Pedia Entries for Tyra, Corel and Rearox i wrote!:)

3. Hroth

Hroth Chieftain

I was having the same issue, and realized that I hadn't installed Patch B for FF.

I installed B and reinstalled FF+ "patch", problem went away.

4. Randomness

Randomness ...

Hmm... I thought I was completely patched, but now that I think about it, I don't think I ever got patch B... That should fix everything, thanks!

5. Merddyn

Merddyn Scholar of the Arcane

This is an error with Fall Further, not Fall Further Plus, but it results in it being a problem in FFPlus so I'll cite it here as well (since with Xienwolf being busy you might find the cause sooner. XD Either way it makes playing the Amurites for me almost unplayable. -_-;). Whenever a temporary summon dies in combat, be it from actually dying from losing (ie throwing a fire elemental against Acheron) or from being a fireball and winning (ie fireball against a scout) then your unit supply cost goes up by one, permanently. You might not notice an increase from one, but two or three will certainly increase the gold cost per turn.

Obviously, this means if you use a lot of summons (except skeletons, for some reason) to bring down a strong unit and/or city, it'll quickly cripple your economy for the entire rest of the game, which is kind of a major problem.

6. vivictius

vivictius Prince

Latest version, I'm seeing Scorp Clan Goblin Chariots before turn 100 on epic speed.

Also, was Orthus, Acheron, and the Barron suppose to be removed from the game?

7. vivictius

vivictius Prince

I'm getting a python error when the AI tries to create a griffon lair.

Attached Files:

8. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That's odd with the religion... Anyone mind testing it?

As for the pedia entries, I decided to leave them for the Minor leader overhaul.

I doubt I can do much ATM for the summon issue, unfortunately.

I didn't change anything with the barbs... Maybe it was a bad lair result? And no, I actually removed the option to block them. They should be in all games.

I'll look into that exception.

9. vivictius

vivictius Prince

I'm finding a second Mobility promotion with Cartography, is that intented?

10. Valkrionn

Hmm... It says PROMOTION_JOT_MOBILITY1, so I'd assume it's Jotnar only. Not sure why it's needed though?

11. copx

copx Chieftain

There are indeed two Mobility I promotions available. Not just to Jontar, worked for all civs I have played so far.

Also, I cannot build Boris (Mechanos Hero). I had Writing, the correct religion, even the holy city and the shrine. Yet, Boris never showed up as a build option. Please tell me how to fix this.

Also the Undead civ (not Scions, the other one) feels very "underdeveloped". Graphics aren't consistent, and there are many re-used and not very good graphics. I also doubt that they are - even just remotely - balanced. I wonder whether it's really a good idea to include it considering its current state.

Great Mod BTW. I used to play FfH then Fall Further came along and I switched. Now I have switched again (to FF Plus)!

12. Darksaber1

Boris is for non-Mechanor-Ordos Religius hero: Mechanos CAN'T build him.

13. copx

copx Chieftain

Oh, I see. Thanks.

14. Breez

Breez King

Really? I swear I built him in Orbis as Mechonios. A change in FF+ I take it?

15. Darksaber1

He can be built in Orbis, but this was changed In FF+. I think he comes sooner, so an early immortal hero was seen as bad. That, and the Mechonos got some buffs.

16. Valkrionn

I meant it was SUPPOSED to be Jotnar only. :lol:

Boris is non-Mechanos only. The Mechanos didn't need him, as they get Lenora as a hero instead, and it allowed me to make the religion more attractive for non-Mechanos without being too strong for them.

The Legion aren't too balanced yet. :lol: It's rather hard to balance a civ that can ONLY grow via combat... As for graphics, working on it. The UU's, aside from the adept, are now all using demon/undead graphics. Need to find adept art... Don't want to steal from the Scions, but may have to. The Infernals use an imp, which really doesn't work. :lol:

Glad you like the mod. :goodjob:

Yep, change in FFPlus.

17. Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid King

I put it in so they could access it, seeing that horseback riding was blocked. Should be Jotnar only though. Not sure what happened to make it globally available...but I can confirm it is.

18. Valkrionn

Only thing missing is the <prereqciv> tag. Easy fix.

Makes sense, too... Hadn't thought about them being blocked from it.

19. Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid King

Has anybody else tried the Scions? I'm getting the event text but not the unit on Korinna, Pelemos, etc.... Want to verify it isn't just me before I start digging.

20. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

works for me :)