1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Getting two Bards on one turn is possible, but rare. I've done it when my city produced a Great Bard 'regularly' and I was the first to research Drama.

However, I agree with you that in my FF games (seems like eons ago since I played though as I upgraded to 3.19) the Grigori were popping plenty of Adventurers and GPs. I know V fiddled with the spawn rate of the Adventurers, however, I think it was still borderline in favor of the Grigori getting one every 25-30 turns on average.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

The spawn is still a bit much ATM, but I'm planning on tweaking it more.

3. Haerzog

Haerzog Warlord

If i remember right, somebody planned on separating the GP and Adv accumulation, so that the grigori would get some regular GP without crimping their Adv.

4. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

That's already in.

5. Valkrionn

Yep, the complaint was about the speed of the spawns. :lol:

6. not-prime

not-prime Chieftain

Is there a way to fix Infernals/Mercurians instantly being destroyed when summoned? Can I disable the minor leaders somewhere?

7. Valkrionn

There's no easy way, but it will be fixed in the next patch. Just removing the minor Mercs will make it worse, since the python would still refer to them.

8. armyofwhispers

armyofwhispers Chieftain

This will fix the issue with infernal/mercurians dying on spawn.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch

9. Valkrionn

Also, I'm stealing Opera's options. :lol: One that sets all random leaders to Minors, and one to block random Minors. Lets you play without Minors without having to set all the leaders manually. :goodjob:

10. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

I'm interested in the idea of a world full of minor leaders :) so that's pretty cool to hear about.

Now, if only I could play...

11. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

I played FF+ for several games and had a bunch of crash. When I entered WB with save files before the crash(es), there were always a griffon, hippogriff, sabretooth or stags near my unit. When I deleted these, the game resumed normally. Try to see these units by civilopedia result in freezing. Is this because of my computer is not good enough handling the graphic?

Thanks!

12. esvath

Oh and Valkrionn, do you mind if I use your Bedouin Sit and Dwarven Mine improvements in my FfH modmod?

Thanks!

13. Valkrionn

Sounds like it might be an art issue... I'll have to look at it, but haven't experienced it myself.

As for the improvements, I don't mind at all. The Bedouin ones are technically Deon's, actually, I've just tweaked them and changed the art... And added an extra step. :lol:

14. esvath

I'll post the save games with the problem soon-ish. Thanks for the permission on Bedouin Sit and Dwarven Mine. I can unleash my Amurite + v.2.0 now :D

15. Iceciro

Iceciro Special Ability: Decimate

Do the Amurites really need more than I gave them? I thought I was being generous, and then my changes got rolled into Fall Further itself. /offtopic

16. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I think the thing the amurites need, is an early hero. Adept Morin! A unit with Channelling II, buildable at KotE

17. Valkrionn

Really, I think the Amurites are pretty good. I could see giving them a small hero, but that's about it...

I like Warkirby's idea. :lol: Might have to go in.....

18. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

What about moving Govannon back to KotE, but only giving him higher channeling promotions in python once the appropriate techs were known?

And/or making the SPELL_TEACH_SPELLCASTING dependent on a promotion which Govannon's students may sometimes get (and possibly changing it from a spell to a passive effect).

19. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

if there's anyone who needs an additional hero, it's the Sheaim. their hero is at Divine Essence, which was enough for the kurios to get an earlier hero. it seems only fair for the sheaim to get one too.

20. Valkrionn

I agree with you there.

Do the Kurios actually HAVE their early hero in FF? I don't think they have Herne.