RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

so i defeated the hippus about 15 turns ago and yet they are still in the game noticed after getting the event about a wounded soldier and making peace with them

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 97
Another crashy game, this time with the Amurites after only 200 turns. I even turned down the number of AI's by 9 from my last game with the Scions. Not sure what is causing it, since it actually occurred later on the second run through from auto-save turn 196, though only 2-3 turns later, but that still means that it isn't a wonder or something being constructed. Submitting the auto-save.

By the way, referring to my previous post about the Doviello, why was it that my palace no longer granted Mark of the Wolf?

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0201.CivBeyondSwordSave
    924.3 KB · Views: 44
Another crashy game, this time with the Amurites after only 200 turns. I even turned down the number of AI's by 9 from my last game with the Scions. Not sure what is causing it, since it actually occurred later on the second run through from auto-save turn 196, though only 2-3 turns later, but that still means that it isn't a wonder or something being constructed. Submitting the auto-save.

By the way, referring to my previous post about the Doviello, why was it that my palace no longer granted Mark of the Wolf?

Will check out the save.

As for the Doviello: A change from the team version slipped in there, is all. Doviello animal spawning has been redesigned for the new animals. May as well describe the changes here, as they're done. Have been for weeks. :lol:

• Doviello spawn function moved to CustomFunctions, split into doCityTurnDoviello, doChanceAnimalSpawn, doAnimalListDoviello. Visual counter for the Capital's spawn odds added to the main screen, counter for each city visible in it's city screen.
  • Doviello spawn list changed massively.
    • New animals: Will list them as Animal - Techpath that unlocks it - Number of stages
      • Wolves - Recon - 5
      • Bears - Melee - 5
      • Boar - Siege - 4
      • Gorilla - Archer - 4
      • Griffin - Mounted - 5
      • Elk - Divine - 2
  • Pack spells removed
  • World Spell redone
    • Each unit you own gives a chance (Spawn chance of the Den (capital) + 25%) for an animal to spawn in the Den
    • List of animals is compiled using doAnimalListDoviello
  • 'Mark of' promotions removed; Switched over to using the 'Blood' promotions instead. These will be granted by the Animal Dens to units built in the city, as with the old Mark promotions.
  • Doviello Animals are allowed to upgrade using the same method as Wild Animals
  • New state names for the Council of the Wilds civic, thanks to KillerClowns:
    • Good - Brotherhood of the [CIVNAME] Wildmen
    • Neutral - [LEADERNAME]'s Blood Brothers
    • Evil - [LEADERNAME]'s Pack
    • FoL - [LEADERNAME]'s Huntsmen
  • Mezmerize Animal may be cast by all Doviello recon level 5 and higher
As for the 'Blood' promotions mentioned, that is how we are nerfing animal use for combat, yet keeping them attractive for more than settling in cities. :p

• All animals had some of their stats moved into a Blood, Heart, or Soul promotion (one of each per type of animal).
  • When animals are captured, they gain the 'Tame' promotion; Makes them defensive only.
  • Captured animals gain the escape spell.
  • Captured animals may be sacrificed to grant units in their stack their Blood promotion; This promotion allows the next versions later on.
  • With the Animal Handling technology, animals are able to cast the 'Warbeast' spell (50 :gold:) which removes the tame promotion.
  • Doviello animals are immune to the Tame promotion, with the exceptions of Spiders and Scorpions
  • Archos Spiders/Scorpions are immune to the promotion, other animals are not.
  • Assassins and Shadows gain the Urban promotion, blocks access to specific animal promotions (Those which explicitly increase combat stats, basically)

If anyone wants to discuss these changes, please open a new thread to do so. Title it something like "Doviello and Animal changes". ;)

Galleys can't enter Ocean squares - but they can enter Deep Ocean (often possible in situations where your cultural borders extend a couple of squares into the sea).

Getting constant crashes on the following game.. not sure of reason =/ Trying so hard for gone to hell too :(

Attachments

• 30 Tiny Sheaim.CivBeyondSwordSave
    838.1 KB · Views: 50
Patch 1.22.2?? - the pink Valikornn patch, anyway.

-Two items in one lair result, a Heart Amulet and a TXT_KEY_SPELL_HEALING_POTION_HELP.
-The Build Pyre button should say so if it will provide Infused Ash.
-Computer D'Teshi Watchers don't build the D'Teshi improvements (possibly not a bad thing, given their production edge).
-Message after completion of Siege Workshop in The Obsidian Spire: "0:hammers: was converted to 35:gold:".

-I wish it wouldn't let me cast Bloom if it's just going to disallow it in two turns.
-Jotnar cities allow building two apparently-identical Thrall Militia units.
-Citizen strength 1.9/2 + Arms of God healing = Citizen strength 1.9/2.
-Blinded Mana Guardians probably shouldn't be moving.
-I tried to give Seakin to Egrass in the WB, but he doesn't keep it.
-I have Engineering; I have the Guild of Hammers; I have Enchantment Mana. I don't have any units with Masterwork Tools.
-Some of the new animal units show up under Animals in that Category sub-list of the Civilopedia, but not in the Unit List.
-Tya Kiri keeps using a single new Apprentice to garrison her new cities. It promptly goes Barb. Unready is unready?
-When I buy a treasure map, I can't see where the treasure is. (Lairs are off, which may also explain no items, no Dark Forests and hardly any animals.)
-Jotnar can build stables, but Jotnar stables can't build (and don't do) anything that I can see.
-Bosom - Hills, Boosome - Haunted Lands, Boozem - Winery, ...I'm sorry, I'll stop.

And a couple of stupid questions:
-Is there any way Jotnar can use oceanic resources? I can make Sea Farms, but not "Ocean Farms" or Work/Whaling Boats.
-Is there any way for Jotnar to spread a second religion? "Spread the word" worked fine when I was Squideous Underlords, but I can't get Mittens to spread even after converting to it. (I don't see a "Spread the word" entry for the White Hand in the 'Pedia, so this may just be a bug.) Can Jotnar actively spread a non-state religion?

I ran into a repeatable CTD in a ver. 1.23 game I'm playing. A dread hamster attacks a luichurp mud golem, wins, and tries to spawn a new dread hamster. This makes the game explode irl.

Any idea where the code that spawns a new unit after battle is located? It's the one thing that's crashing my games, and I'd like to fix it, if only I could find it.

Seems to be an issue where if you set a temporary terrain on a location more than once it can become permanent:

Tested with latest flavour patch.

Just detonate a bunch of ice elemental's and wait 20 turns to show in game.

From a quick look at the code (which looks like the 1.20 version) I ?think? the issue is:

Spoiler :

running though the following methods in a text editor and a bit of paper :crazyeye:

CvPlot::setTerrainType(TerrainTypes eNewValue, bool bRecalculate, bool bRebuildGraphics)
&
CvPlot::setTempTerrainType(TerrainTypes eNewValue, int iTimer)

start:
real_terrain = NO_TERRAIN
terrain_type = grass
temp_timer = 0

Run 1: (set to temp plain for 10)
real_terrain = grass
terrain_type = plain
temp_timer=10

Run 2: (set to temp tundra for 11)
real_terrain = NO_TERRAIN
terrain_type = tundra
temp_timer=11

Run 3: (set to temp ice for 12)
real_terrain = tundra
terrain_type = ice
temp_timer=12

now the permanent terrain type is tundra, oops.

Purely untested change that should work, with no other impact is:

In void CvPlot::setTerrainType(TerrainTypes eNewValue, bool bRecalculate, bool bRebuildGraphics)
change
Code:
setRealTerrainType(NO_TERRAIN);
to
Code:
// handle temporarly setting back to the real terrain type, esentially remove the temp type.
if( eNewValue == getRealTerrainType())
	setRealTerrainType(NO_TERRAIN);

and in void CvPlot::setTempTerrainType(TerrainTypes eNewValue, int iTimer)
change
Code:
changeTempTerrainTimer(iTimer);
to
// If we have temp changed back to the real terrain dont modify the timer, setTerrainType will have already set it back to 0
Code:
if( NO_TERRAIN != getRealTerrainType() )
	 changeTempTerrainTimer(iTimer);

Playing as D'Tesh... camels don't burn. It seems like they should, especially since D'Tesh can't actually build pastures, and most everything else you'd build a pasture for can, so...

Why has my menu screen suddenly got a pink pony on with rick astleys "never gonna give you up" playing ???? :eek:

Why does my screen not have that? :confused:
I'we got the newest patch and everything.

Master of Creation is bugged (well more precisely unbalanced)

Meant to be one of the master rewards for getting sets of level 3 spells (in this case just creation 3)

allows one extra spell to be cast a turn.

In practice an archmage will almost certainly have twincast already so this is 2->3 spells a turn.
But it also give a 33% chance that for every spell cast, that you will get a promo that stops you casting spells for 2-4 turns and causes that spell to fail.

Together they mean you cast significantly less spells than you would without it, and make ability to cast any spell unpredictable.

--

If possible i would suggest that the 33% miscast chance only applies to the extra spell cast (e.g. play it safe and cast as normal. or try and squeeze out an extra spell in an emergency that might lock you down for a few turn).

Failing that bin the effect completely and replace it with a thematic granted spell, e.g.
Food of the Gods: Create food of the Gods build in city, +1 happy, +10 food, requires cast to be in city at end of turn. (lvl3 creation spell already adds one pop per casting so does not seem to overbalanced)

Top Bottom