• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RIGGED: Faction Brainstorming

Johto is a literal pixel to the west.

Why did your browser autocorrect "superior" to "inferior?" You should get that looked into.

Tank (wheeled, blitz, very strong, and expensive)
Land Transport (wheeled, very weak, can transport at least 5 people, and moderately priced.)

OK, so here's my ideas for tanks for Kanto

Tank: Ha-Go
Transport: We could go with Dodrio again for this, since they are used extensvly for transport (people ride them in the anime and some games). Or I bet there was a real life Japanese APC you could use.

GREYHOUND:

Tank: M1 Abrams
Transport: Carrier Tank (Can carry lots of robots, but no human units?)

Tank (wheeled, blitz, very strong, and expensive): Black Koopa Helicopters
Land Transport (wheeled, very weak, can transport at least 5 people, and moderately priced.): Mushroom Emergency Management Agency (MEMA*) trucks
*alternative: Royal Emergency Management Agency (REMA)

So finally added Thorvald's Downfall/Fast & Furious faction. Also, I changed the name of the Solar Empire (MLP: FiM/1984) to Solemp since England is called Ingsoc, I thought I'd change the name to Solemp. On another note, I finally PM'd an Admin to see if it was okay to use RC's Avatar: The Last Airbender/C&C faction, he said it was okay just don't convert any units. I don't want to use the name he made, So I'll ask him to give me a new one.

Also, tell me what you think of these faction ideas:

Spoiler :
Alice in Wonderland/Metroid
Hong Kong 97/MST3K
Mega Man/Red Alert
Adventure Time/Saints Row

Transport: We could go with Dodrio again for this, since they are used extensvly for transport (people ride them in the anime and some games).

Or I could use a herd of them.

Also, do you want me to use any of these for the Human Coalation?

The Alice in Wonderland/Metroid one just sounds delightfully bonkers and fitting of how much an acid trip Alice is.

The Mega Man/Red Alert one also holds great interest, the raised unit conversion issues aside.

The Alice in Wonderland/Metroid one just sounds delightfully bonkers and fitting of how much an acid trip Alice is.

The Mega Man/Red Alert one also holds great interest, the raised unit conversion issues aside.

to be honest Alice in Wonderland/Red Alert would be even more delightfully bonkers.
but it's your call.

Wait... would not Red Alert class as a part of the Command and Conquer series?

...to say otherwise is heresy against Command and Conquer.

While there have been those brief moments that hinted at Red Alert and the Tiberium games being related at some point (it went something along the lines that Allied victory in Red Alert leads to Red Alert 2, whereas Soviet victory leads into Command and Conquer), they have been officially separated by Word of God and are taken in such different directions one could very well cheat and make them separate franchises.

I mean, look at how the term "Command&Conquer" originated to describe the first Tiberium game and how Red Alert has nothing to do with Tiberium but made use of the brand name for recognition as well as the fact it had a similar style of play.

While there have been those brief moments that hinted at Red Alert and the Tiberium games being related at some point (it went something along the lines that Allied victory in Red Alert leads to Red Alert 2, whereas Soviet victory leads into Command and Conquer), they have been officially separated by Word of God and are taken in such different directions one could very well cheat and make them separate franchises.

I mean, look at how the term "Command&Conquer" originated to describe the first Tiberium game and how Red Alert has nothing to do with Tiberium but made use of the brand name for recognition as well as the fact it had a similar style of play.

"Word of God" (along with being a Troper term) is ill set here; I hail to Westwood's decree and plans for the Command and Conquer, not the Electronic Arts folly.

The connectivity between the original Red Alert and the original Command and Conquer is enough to dictate them as of the same franchise.

Given that the Tiberium series deals with more serious issues like economics, politics, etc. in a sci-fi context, whereas Red Alert goes straight for being outlandish, I can see plenty of reason to keep them separate. The first Red Alert seems very like Tiberium in its approach to the game, but Red Alert 2 and 3 drastically depart from it I think. The overall premise of the Tiberium series seems fairly straightforward, with aliens seeding Earth with Tiberium and different ideas on how to make use of that resource, just as we have those differences in real life, whereas Red Alert went flat out bonkers with time travel, mind control, and an anime empire. There's a reason they share the brand name but other than that are completely different games.

Also I understand TV Tropes is a bit of a Berserk Button with you, but that a personal dislike for the site has no bearing on the discussion at hand. Similarly, neither do your personal thoughts on EA's direction - the series is theirs, pure and simple, and what they say is law, whether we like it or not. They say they are separate timelines, which means they are separate timelines.

There is overall plenty of merit in separating Red Alert and the Tiberium series, especially since it's a strategy franchise to begin with and so works well in a strategy mod context.

Given that the Tiberium series deals with more serious issues like economics, politics, etc. in a sci-fi context, whereas Red Alert goes straight for being outlandish, I can see plenty of reason to keep them separate. The first Red Alert seems very like Tiberium in its approach to the game, but Red Alert 2 and 3 drastically depart from it I think. The overall premise of the Tiberium series seems fairly straightforward, with aliens seeding Earth with Tiberium and different ideas on how to make use of that resource, just as we have those differences in real life, whereas Red Alert went flat out bonkers with time travel, mind control, and an anime empire. There's a reason they share the brand name but other than that are completely different games.

Focusing on the Westwood games the original Red Alert has either consideration for both leading to either Red Alert 2 or the Tiberium saga, depending on the victor, although there is consideration by evidence regarding Westwood's plans to further link the series.

Red Alert 2 had drawn some thoughts though what going to be Renegade 2; there was plots by Westwood to have linkage in some forms.

Also I understand TV Tropes is a bit of a Berserk Button with you, but that a personal dislike for the site has no bearing on the discussion at hand.

The terminology though had its... echo.

Also, in case you neither notice, it was a aside, not the main focus on the sentence (as evident by the brackets).

Similarly, neither do your personal thoughts on EA's direction - the series is theirs, pure and simple, and what they say is law, whether we like it or not. They say they are separate timelines, which means they are separate timelines.

The series was created by Westwood studio, not EA. It is not good enough to state "they own the copyright (despite not being the originator) so nar nar!" Com

EA has especially lost all credibility after the butchery with "Tiberium" Twilight.

There is overall plenty of merit in separating Red Alert and the Tiberium series, especially since it's a strategy franchise to begin with and so works well in a strategy mod context.

Red Alert 1 and Tiberium have more merit keeping together. Heck even the alternative timelines determines that they can be of the same series; Persona is a part of the Shin Tensei Series, despite its... different premise compared to much to the other games.

No, if I own a series, I'm the only one who gets to determine what's canon about it. That's property law. EA says that the two universes are separate, and so they are, regardless of what the fanbase thinks. Fanon and retcon exist as terms for a reason.

Each one has a different feel and in that they are perfectly valid to be split, particularly when this is for a strategy game mod.

While the brand name and gameplay style are shared, that is where the similarities end. Without the brand name unity, it would be very easy to say Red Alert is a knockoff of Command&Conquer, as knockoffs are commonplace in the industry.

Top Bottom