[R&F] Rise and Fall Live Stream General Thread

So now they will specify that it's for non-religious units so it doesn't buff religious units.

That buff will help to make trade routes to allies a more interesting proposal (it was +2). I use domestic routes a lot, this policy is a good way to start to internationalize my trade routes in late game, then play ecommerce on top of it (+5 Production and +10 Gold from international Trade Routes).

Try as I may, I just can't talk myself into ever building this as is. Even as someone who fully intends to play Tall I don't see how +3 food is better than +1 amenity.

It depends on the overall balance and the map. For tall civilization, which doesn't have loyalty problems, Amenities, Food and Housing are all just growth limiters, thus you could easily hit Food limit instead of Amenity.

By the way, does amenity field from Water Park stacks with Entertainment Complex? If yes, the situation is even more likely.

By the way, does amenity field from Water Park stacks with Entertainment Complex? If yes, the situation is even more likely.

The amenities stack regionally (range 6 for Entertainment Complex, 9 for Water Park), although you're not allowed to build both in the same city.

Some more era score stuff, although in German.

Sinking a ship gives ... 0 score?? Guessing that's not correct.

Making your first fleet.

Settling within 5 tiles of another civ.

Circumnavigation.

A Free City joining your empire.

Just spotted this change to Japan.

And this for Germany.

Guess these are just clarifications of game rules already in place.

They look the same to me. What changed?

And the buff to colonial taxes, is that right? It was already a good policy before, now really really good.

Some more era score stuff, although in German.

Sinking a ship gives ... 0 score?? Guessing that's not correct.

Making your first fleet.

Settling within 5 tiles of another civ.

Circumnavigation.

A Free City joining your empire.
The 0 era score may be correct. It‘s just a historic moment to memorize you‘ve lost a ship and there will be a ship wreck in the late game at that spot.

They look the same to me. What changed?

And the buff to colonial taxes, is that right? It was already a good policy before, now really really good.

For Japan the text "This bonus applies..." is not currently in the game and for Germany similarly the text "+2 Production bonus..." is not currently in the game.

People have been streaming for a while now and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, so I assume that the Government Plaza doesn't have a project associated with it?

I have the same question about the Water Park
Copacabana can have the Carnival project if you play as Brazil so I assume Water Parks will have the Bread and Circuses project like Entertainment Complexes.

For Government Plaza, I'm not sure. Can check some streams and see if I spot anything.

EDIT: Checked and a city with Water Park actually does not have access to Bread and Circues. And there's no project available in a city with Government Plaza.

Last edited:
As already mentioned, "they" (in this case Korea and Geneva) are more going after the units than the cities - maybe this helps systematically?? Above the defending LAST warrior was _in_ the city, they killed him there and conquered accidentally the city therewith ...
Interesting - maybe the AI's programming is actually somewhat being skewed by fighting other AI - attack the units, give them war weariness and they'll surrender for lots of gold!?

I think someone said something about gay pitchforks. I guess it's time to get them out :p

Well, let's see what happens to Alexander when he has it ;)

I think someone said something about gay pitchforks. I guess it's time to get them out :p

LOL. I have to know what the flavor text is when leaders start bothering you about how attractive you are.

What the hell Firaxis.

Lol can someone explain the “Wish you were here” dedication? I guess Firaxis are Pink Floyd fans?

I'm assuming this was a serious question, "Wish you were here" is a common saying on English (American?) postcards, so it's very fitting for a Tourism-focused dedication. I actually like the name.

"Leader genders are purely flavor traits, in no way do they actually affect gameplay."

Firaxis: "Hold my beer."

Last edited:
Top Bottom