Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

I may be doing something wrong, but the thingie just exited because there wasnt a tea growers splash after I completed that.

I am not sure where the splash should be to see if it is right.

The missing splash was fixed with the last patch. The pediaicons file inside that patch holds the missing entry for that wonder splash. It´s the same wondersplash as for the other supply centers.

The entry is:

#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Tea_Growers
art\wonder splash\Supplyshipment.pcx

If you don´t use that patch and replace the old RARR-pediaicons file with the new one, of course you will always run into those still fixed problems. :)

Other error.

andrefri, great that RARR now is working for you. :) The wrong entry for that unit was fixed with the last patch.

The entry is:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Marine_Infantry
Marine Infantry

If you don´t use that patch and replace the old RARR-pediaicons file with the new one, of course you will always run into those still fixed problems. :)

1. The current composition of graphics unit is final or planned changes (change of graphics of some units or addition of specific varieties for different countries)?

At present there are no changes and additions of units planned. Please don´t forget, there were many hundreds of units and some complete new unit lines added to that mod. Until now I have no feedback about these added unit lines (for example the Mach 2 aircraft, amongst them the Mig 21 and the Phantoms and Starfighters. So I don´t know if these added units make sense for the gameplay in other eyes than mine.

2. I understand that now you are doing the project CCM 2.0, and come back to work on RARR only after its release?

If errors are reported for RARR, I try to fix them. RARR is not abandoned while working on CCM version 2.00.

3. If it is possible to estimate, please willingness RARR (percentage or the necessary time) to the output of the release or stable version.

In my eyes there will at least be one more version of the RARR mainfile. At present this is a betatest for RARR as I didn´t have the time to test all entries myself, if they are working properly.

A stable version :D : A version is stabel, when it is working completely well for the individual player. So when no more errors are reported for a longer times about the graphics, may be that version could be considered stabel in the matter of graphics. I cannot say when the current graphics are "stabel", as at present there still come reports about errors - that must be fixed.

A stable version about sounds for all players at present still is not possible, as Firaxis set different levels of sounds in their different versions of Civ 3. Please remember the post of ynot56 asking what is an amb-file. Later versions of Civ 3 and C3C did receive amb-files for sound by Firaxis, older versions didn´t. May be here you have to wait for CCM version 2.00 as here I try to fix that problem caused by Firaxis by a new modded C3C mainfile.

And there are problems simply triggered by other persons outside the RARR mod that can make the mod "unstable", for example the unbelievable new ###-Steam-upgrade for CivComplete, that killed the labels text of all existing mods and scenarios (here a patch is inside the RARR-textfolder) or the "wonderful world" of the new Windows 10. :rolleyes:

Have you installed the last patch Civinator linked to?

man, I 've downloaded the path , extracts the files and put them into their respective folders . It was that or have to download and reinstall the file with 1,1GB ?

man, I 've downloaded the path , extracts the files and put them into their respective folders . It was that or have to download and reinstall the file with 1,1GB ?

The correct order of installation:

1. Unzip the main file version 1.2 (1,092,416,674 bytes - attention, there is still the old version 1.0 - 1,089,225,338 bytes, it is not all necessary files).

2. Apply the patch to version 1.4 (rarr-patch.rar)

3. Use Biq-file version 1.4

The missing splash was fixed with the last patch. The pediaicons file inside that patch holds the missing entry for that wonder splash. It´s the same wondersplash as for the other supply centers.

The entry is:

#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Tea_Growers
art\wonder splash\Supplyshipment.pcx

It is apparent to me that I incorrectly applied the patch. Once I finish this game, where I hope to check out the Mach 2 fighters (just researching supersonic flight now), I will do some homework and hopefully apply the patch correctly.

I play the game on Emperor difficulty and I noticed a few things:

-The AI likes to destroy captured cities for some reason
-The AI uses "Hurry Production" quite extensively and this leads to REALLY low citizen count and cripples the AI's economy in the long run (this also increases the number of destroyed cities because cities with 1 citizen cannot be captured)
-The AI either does not build buildings in the cities (only a few) or extensively sells them off when in need of money which cripples the AI in the long run
-The AI does'nt build enough ships, especially in the late game
-If I ask the AI to get off from my territory, 90% of the time they declare war on me, even though I have superior army and tech lead

What this leads to:

-A few Civs as advanced as me
-Quite a lot of Civs lagging behind by quite a lot of tech
-A lot of areas which were settled before are now unsettled because of the destroyed cities

Is there a possibility to change the AI behaviour?

Is there a possibility to change the AI behaviour?

Keli, there are several ways to change the "AI behaviour". For example you can use the No-Raze-Patch to avoid the AI razing of cities ( so there is no way to stop the razing of size-one-cities with less than 10 culture).

There are mods that favor the AI building of ships and planes (for example my mod CCM). At present I don´t want to change here anything to keep RARR as close as possible to the thoughts of the original creators.

Yo!

Just reinstalled everything and all is working great! I was just wondering if there was a quick fix for a little problem I'm having.

At the start of every turn, the science slider slides back to the highest possible selection available. Usually, not a prob. But when I'm near bankruptcy, every turn has to end with me going back and fixing the slider.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yo!

Just reinstalled everything and all is working great! I was just wondering if there was a quick fix for a little problem I'm having.

At the start of every turn, the science slider slides back to the highest possible selection available. Usually, not a prob. But when I'm near bankruptcy, every turn has to end with me going back and fixing the slider.

Thanks in advance for any help!

TehAkantor, welcome at CFC! :band:

What you are reporting, is not a special problem of that mod, but of the programming of Civ 3. You can read this in the RARR-civilopedia (what also is the RAR-civilopedia) as frequent asked question number one. I temporary attache a screenshot of that civilopedia entry:

Attachments

• FAQ1.jpg
    FAQ1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 642
I am certainly doing something wrong.

Not sure what.

I have tried about 3 different ways to patch the application.

Never seems to work.

Could someone please provide a specific how to for applying the patch.

Thanks,

Tony

I am certainly doing something wrong.

Not sure what.

I have tried about 3 different ways to patch the application.

Never seems to work.

Could someone please provide a specific how to for applying the patch.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony,

as no more errors are reported, I will fix the open points from Node60 and than upload a new biq and mainfile that doesn´t need that patch.

So, if there are still some until now not reported errors to fix, please report them now, as the next mainfile will be the last for a longer time.

Civinator,

Thanks for all of your work, it is appreciated more than you can imagine.

Again, I am unable to tell you if the latest patch fixes this, but with the version I am playing, the destroyer (WWI) upgrade path is broken.

Tony

Hia folks

Found a bug: missing "AA.wav" for the "Super Carrier" unit. Copied another to keep me going.

Must also complain about the perfidious french. Thanks to them, I'm now at war with 8 civs... :mad:

I cannot tell because of my patching situation, but from the configuration I have the strategic bomber does not upgrade to the supersonic bomber.

Hello,

Thank you for creating this great mod, I only want to know why my civ 3 text seems to be all messed up with the mods.

Nevermind, I followed the rules

Top Bottom