Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Great!

I want to remind bugs, called on the German forum. Their decision is not announced:

1) Russian HMG not upgrade.

2) Asian Cavalry - "dumb" unit will not produce sound.

3) For Russians not available any variety of Boomer Submarine.

4) The Submarine (16-10-4) is not an upgrade to the Attack Submarine (20-16-6).

Node60, I will have a look in the reported errors. Sorry, that I didn´t fix these things with the last patch,

Just happened. Any guess which unit is this ? Or maybe I messed up installing the game?

keli, with the last patch and biq I fixed a situation, that two different units used the same unit animations. I activated the unit Marine Infantry, that is included in the units folder since the first RARR mainfile and added in the pediaicons file of the last patch this unit the lines:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Marine_Infantry
Marine Infantry

So please have a look, if you have in your RARR text folder the pediaicons file of the last patch, that contains these lines (and if there is an unit "Marine Infantry" in your RARR units folder.

Hello Civinator, and thank you for all your work on these mods. I'm still using biq 1.3 and had a crash as USA building a Super Carrier. I don't see it addressed in the biq 1.4 or the new patch.

"Art\units\Super Carrier\AA.wav" (I copied the one from the Nuclear Carrier) :)

Just finishing up a game before installing the latest biq.

One possible error bug and two sort of questions.

My Destroyer WWI couldn't upgrade to Destroyer (WWII?) after sonar. I think I had all the resources needed (because they are hidden and not described in text, I had iron, oil, coal, aluminum) and was in a city with a shipyard.

The questions:

Right now vertical flight requires civil liberties. First, I am not sure of the logic for this and in the second place, in RAR civil liberties was a dead end upgrade, no other technology required it as a prerequisite. It is a very minor point, but ...

With the default maps graphics it is VERY difficult to tell the difference between the (jeez, what do you call it), not coastal waters, but the next rung and the full open sea. Normally that is not an issue. BUT for Polynesian, it is a very big deal. The outrigger can safely traverse that middle rung, but can be lost in the open ocean. Without additional suggestions, I guess I will have to explore different map options.

If I haven't said it enough already, great work or which I am highly appreciative.

Still using biq 1.3 and playing as USA I had an F-15 Strike Eagle Load Error.

"Art\units\F-15 Strike Eagle\F-15 Strike Eagle.INI"

Thank you all for your reports. :) I will have a look on them, but first I want to answer the two questions of ynot56:

Right now vertical flight requires civil liberties. First, I am not sure of the logic for this and in the second place, in RAR civil liberties was a dead end upgrade, no other technology required it as a prerequisite.

This is correct about the setting of RAR. The logic behind using that "dead end tech" as additional perequisite for the tech Vertical Flight is the following:

Compared to RAR, RARR holds an additional line of jetfighters for Mig-21, Phantoms, Lightnings, Starfighters and so on. If the perequisite tech "Vertical Flight" for the next generation of jetplanes coming with the tech "Advanced Composites" wouldn´t have another perequisite -so it is reasearched later in the game - the Mig-21 s, Phantom jets and so on would be obsolete by the F-14, F-15, Mig-29, Viggens and Tornados just when they appear on the map. The additional perequisite tech gives these planes the "air to breathe on the map". I wanted to change as less as possible from the original RAR, but on the other side I wanted that RARR holds and and has a chance to use all the aircraft listed above.

With the default maps graphics it is VERY difficult to tell the difference between the (jeez, what do you call it), not coastal waters, but the next rung and the full open sea. Normally that is not an issue. BUT for Polynesian, it is a very big deal. The outrigger can safely traverse that middle rung, but can be lost in the open ocean. Without additional suggestions, I guess I will have to explore different map options.With the default maps graphics it is VERY difficult to tell the difference between the (jeez, what do you call it), not coastal waters, but the next rung and the full open sea. Normally that is not an issue. BUT for Polynesian, it is a very big deal. The outrigger can safely traverse that middle rung, but can be lost in the open ocean. Without additional suggestions, I guess I will have to explore different map options.

It is correct, that the Vuldacon terrain has some problems with the contrast between sea- and ocean terrain. Nevertheless I consider this terrain the best terrain done for Civ 3 epic games - but this is only my subjective opinion and we all know: De gustibus (non) est disputandum (there is no disputing about tastes).

Therefore RARR holds two other terrain sets - and I´m not aware of any other mod that does the same yet - that can easily be switched during a game: Ares terrain and Rick FGS terrain. I made a special introduction and explanation, even with screenshots, in post one of this thread. Please have a look on that post. :)

With the default maps graphics it is VERY difficult to tell the difference between the (jeez, what do you call it), not coastal waters, but the next rung and the full open sea. Normally that is not an issue. BUT for Polynesian, it is a very big deal. The outrigger can safely traverse that middle rung, but can be lost in the open ocean. Without additional suggestions, I guess I will have to explore different map options.

As an option - you can switch to native Civ3 terrain graphics.

As an option - you can switch to native Civ3 terrain graphics.

Yes, in that case you must only add a suffix to the name of the terrain folder that is hold by RARR\arts.

I agree, the Vuldacon art is beautiful, the only problem I have is with the difference between the sea and ocean tiles. I also like the Ares.

I understand your reason for making the tree how you did with civil liberties. From a game perspective it makes a whole lot of sense, from a history perspective, not so much.

I will check the biq to see the upgrade path for the Destroyer WWI.

Again thanks for the work on this upgrade.

I looked at the biq and the Destroyer (WWI) updates to different classes of Destroyer (WWI), not the destroyer available with sonar.

keli, with the last patch and biq I fixed a situation, that two different units used the same unit animations. I activated the unit Marine Infantry, that is included in the units folder since the first RARR mainfile and added in the pediaicons file of the last patch this unit the lines:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Marine_Infantry
Marine Infantry

So please have a look, if you have in your RARR text folder the pediaicons file of the last patch, that contains these lines (and if there is an unit "Marine Infantry" in your RARR units folder.

Well, I have the new patch.

I have the entry ANIMNAME_PRTO_Marine_Infantry in the pediaicons file.

I have the unit "Marine Infantry" in the units folder.

It crashed with the notation audio.

I looked in the Marine Infantry and there appears to be some audio files. But what is an .amb file?

UPDATE!

I had
"ANIMNAME_PRTO_Leatherneck"
with
"Marine Infantry"
right under it. Somehow when I first saw it my brain processed it differently. So, I just had to rename the entry in the pediaicons file and it worked.

This just popped up

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 219
Well, I have the new patch.

I have the entry ANIMNAME_PRTO_Marine_Infantry in the pediaicons file.

I have the unit "Marine Infantry" in the units folder.

It crashed with the notation audio.

I looked in the Marine Infantry and there appears to be some audio files. But what is an .amb file?

UPDATE!

I had
"ANIMNAME_PRTO_Leatherneck"
with
"Marine Infantry"
right under it. Somehow when I first saw it my brain processed it differently. So, I just had to rename the entry in the pediaicons file and it worked.

ynot56, an amb file is a special combination of wav soundfiles that was used in later updates of Civ 3 to replace older wav files.

The last patch should hold the correct entry for that unit in its pediaicons file, but it seems, you have fixed it yourself. :)

This just popped up

keli that´s the error Tigris of Gaul reported in post 183 of this thread. It will be fixed with the next update. :)

Also, don't be scared, keli (or anyone else reading this thread). Civ's weird programming means that, whenever there's a file missing, instead of not playing that file, the game will exit.

Guys, do you happen to know if its possible to change the language from English to Italian? Is there somekind of inner settings or should I download a mod for that?

keli

To localization of mods appeared, someone has to do it. This is - a lot of work, like translation and purely technical editing files.

I may be doing something wrong, but the thingie just exited because there wasnt a tea growers splash after I completed that.

I am not sure where the splash should be to see if it is right.

Civinator

1. The current composition of graphics unit is final or planned changes (change of graphics of some units or addition of specific varieties for different countries)?

2. I understand that now you are doing the project CCM 2.0, and come back to work on RARR only after its release?

3. If it is possible to estimate, please willingness RARR (percentage or the necessary time) to the output of the release or stable version.

Sorry for the stupid and not very relevant questions :)

Top Bottom