1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Jun 21, 2015.

1. eXalted

eXalted Chieftain

Oh maan, at last! Downloading this right now! :crazyeye:

2. Fortis1

Fortis1 Warlord

Oh, yes, I haven't reread the introduction before starting. :)
    It looked suspicious to me that only two units need saltpeter and there is no error after clicking on "Don't click" icon. I'm glad that it helped nevertheless.

3. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

The new RARR1.1-biq and the patch are uploaded in the first post of the Download-site.

After installing the RARR mainfile, please unzip that patch into the RARR-folder. The patch contains:

Text\PediaIcons : Fix for NgawangGyatso_SMALL icon
    Art\Units\French MG Btln : Fix for the INI-File
    Art\Units\Roman Chariot : Fix for the INI-File
    Art\Units\ : Missing Koori Spearman added

Fixes in RARR-biq 1.1:

Renamed era2 -flcs of the Tibetan leaderhead
    Admiral of the Fleet: Upgrading allowed
    Strelets Musketman: Attackvalue set to 4
    Maintenance costs for supplyshipment producing SWs set to zero
    Improvement Tea Growers set to SW
    Units: Ottoman Musket Infantry, Russian Musket Infantry, Mexican Trencher, Type 99 and War Camel: Slots for strategic resources reworked,

A big thank you very much to Madviking, Node60, Samez, keli, Fortis1 and Uaargh!? for reporting the errors! :)

4. Takhisis

Takhisis brown-haired beauty

This is the best comeback present you could have given me! :love:

5. notimportant666

notimportant666 Chieftain

How come we can't toggle culturally linked start location and respawn ai players?

I'd personally rather play with both of those off but I'd like to know the reason we can't decide on or off.

6. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Now running game with UK. Will report any problems.

Note: the civpedia entry for "Natural Port" is empty.

7. Civinator

Takhisis, thank you very much for your kind words.:)

8. Civinator

notimportant666, welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

The reason to enable to toggle culturally linked start location and respawn ai players is a simple click in the editor (here editor 1.00 should be used, that comes with the basic C3C and not editor 1.03 as it comes with the patches) in the Scenario Properties page of the editor to set the hook in the box of default game rules and to confim this by clicking on the apply and ok-key in the same page.

I disabled this option as it is not so frequently used and the supplyshipments need the victory point option enabled. Of course, if you restart a game with the default rules enabled, you can enable the victory point scoring manually, too. If civers, who are not so used to the game option settings, toy araound with these buttons it can be that they disable the needed victory point scoring and than ask why the supplyshipments are not working.

May be I should enable these options with the next biq,

9. Civinator

jlvfr, thank you for your input. :) I consider an entry in the civilopedia for that resource (that replaces the old RAR Off-shore rocks), especially as this ressource will appear in CCM version 2.00, too.

10. notimportant666

Well don't take it the wrong way I was more just wondering what the reasons were for not allowing us to wipe out opponents early and start at actual random locations it's just a personal preference, if anything.

But if the mod needs those options to function properly I understand.

11. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Possible problema: English Musketman. The description says they are "powefull defenders" but the stats are of an attacker: higher attack than defense.

12. jlvfr

jlvfr King

And a bug report:

In the file \Art\Units\Auxilia\Auxilia.ini, entry for the run efect is listed as
    .HorsemanRun.amb

remove the dot before the file name :)

edit. just realised, error here too ATTACK1=.HorsemanAttackA.amb

remove he dot before the file name

13. Civinator

notimportant666, the current settings of the biq allow you to start on random maps in random locations and they also allow to wipe out opponents early. :) The wiped out opponents are even not replaced. Wiped out is wiped out and wiped out early is wiped out early in RARR. :D

14. Civinator

Yes, that´s true - and also belongs to the civilopedia entries of many other flavored musketmen. jlvfr, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) The fix is noted for the next patch.

jlvfr, thank you very much for reporting this double-error. :) It seems I haven´t seen the dot in these entries any more when doing the setting of that unit very deep in the night.

The error is noted for the next patch and if we have found a lot of errors, I will do a complete update of the mainfile. But at present there are much less errors occured, than I thought. On the other side: Each error is one error to much -so let´s sort them out and thank you all for your help. :)

15. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Glad to help. :) I will keep playing, but I fear the Uk has lost this game... I have no saltpepper or coal, and all my neighbours are 4-6 techs ahead of me...

16. notimportant666

That seems odd considering I've tried to wipe out both egypt and persia in my games and they just seem to get another capital popped up somewhere. I mean it could just be me not paying attention to their expansions but still it seems like to me they are respawing. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

17. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Found another bug: the entire "heavy artillery" unit folder is missing. Stealth artillery? :mischief:

I copied a similar unit from another scenario, but the icons are wrong. Still, good enough to keep me going.

18. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Another bug: the unit "Hawker Hunter" is defined somewhere as being in folder "Hawker_Hunter", not "Hawker Hunter" (which is what we get in the ZIP file); same with it's INI.

19. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Another bug (am on a roll!): the "landing craft" folder does not exist.

20. Lord Plebian

Lord Plebian Chieftain

Just downloaded. Looks like a lot of fun! However, when I tried to open the mod, I got a message saying "Missing entry in "Scenarios/../../Conquests/Conquests/NapoleonicEurope/text/Pediacolons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Palace_Garden :confused: Of course the game would have none of that and exited.:lol: I tried downloading the main file again, with the same result. Both times it told me some of the file corrupted, but I figured I'd try anyway. The same file was missing both times.