Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

I am currently playing as China and encountered no new bug.
The Chinese Infantry probably got the wrong graphics (see attached file)
And it's a bit strange to build the generic Armour unit as China instead of T-34s
Spoiler :

Samez, thank you very much for your report. :)

About the Chinese T-34: When looking at the tanks coming with the tech "Mechanized Warfare", you can see, that these tanks are all tanks of WW II. In fact China had no T-34´s during WW II. China had 82 T-26 tanks ordered before WWII and 4 BT-5 tanks. Durng later WW II, China was supllied with tanks by the USA (among them M3A3 and M5 A1 Stuart tanks and later Shermans). Russia didn´t provide China with tanks during WW II. As the next version of CCM holds a full operable Chinese T-26 tank, this tank could be included to RARR, too. On the other side, China in WW II had the tanks that are set in RARR as generic WWII tanks and therefore here is no reason to change anything.

Here you can read something about Chinese tanks in WW II:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanks_in_China

About the infantry unit for China in your screenshot:

At present I cannot explain, why you have the generic WW II infantry for China. RARR is set with the Chinese Infantry for China and in a first view I couldn´t detect any error. Here I must have a deeper view in the mod.

Having finished the brits last night, I downloaded the patch and started a new game with Egypt... which lasted till 1520, which is when the americans declared war and flooded me with cavalry and indians :(

Starting again...

Samez, thank you very much for your report. :)

About the Chinese T-34: When looking at the tanks coming with the tech "Mechanized Warfare", you can see, that these tanks are all tanks of WW II. In fact China had no T-34´s during WW II.
[...]

About the infantry unit for China in your screenshot:

At present I cannot explain, why you have the generic WW II infantry for China. RARR is set with the Chinese Infantry for China and in a first view I couldn´t detect any error. Here I must have a deeper view in the mod.

Thanks for the link! I was aware of little tank action during WWII for Red China and thought more in Korean war terms (a lot of WWII equipment used), but I wasn't a ware that no Chinese tanks were used in Korea. Only Soviet gifted North Korean tanks saw battle.

Concerning the unit graphics:
I also can't find the error- biq seems fine, Pediaicons and Civilopedia seem to be fine and there seems to be no error in the unitfolder / unit .ini file. And finally the flcs work without error in flicster. :confused:

Samez, can you please post a save-file temporally (if you still have one) with the strange Chinese infantry, so I can have a look in game for it?

Having finished the brits last night, I downloaded the patch and started a new game with Egypt... which lasted till 1520, which is when the americans declared war and flooded me with cavalry and indians :(

Starting again...

jlvfr, thank you very much for your hard "control-work" with RARR and it´s great that your Britts have passed the test of time. :) We have all profited a lot from your error reports. BtW.: Which civ had won the game and what kind of victory did that civ achieve?

Excellent work on the mod pack. Another new lease of life for Civ 3.

I tested your units last night and found 3 bugs;

RARR 1.1 UNIT FIXES

In your version of Infantry.ini you need to change 'Infantry Death .wav' change to 'Infantry Death.wav' (i.e. no space before the fill stop)

Directory 'Challenger2' - needs to rename to 'Challenger 2' (with space)

Need to change the Pediaicons.txt ANIMNAME entry - from 'KhaGo' to 'Kha-Go'

All the best and look forward to the next patch.

Kestrel18, welcome back at CFC! :band:[party] One of the great modders of the first hours of Civ 3 after more than 12 years is posting again and is helping to improve this mod (which is turning more and more into a "Mod of the Generations" of Civ 3 modders). This is wonderful!

Your post allows me to say you now a big thank you very much for all your Civ 3 modding work you did many years ago :thanx:, when I couldn´t post this to your -at that time- current work.

Another big thank you very much is for your kind words and your report about three more bugs we now can fix in that mod. :) All these bugs are noted and will be fixed with the new mainfile. I hope that I can finish and upload the new mainfile this Sunday.

When the new upload is ready, I will announce it here with a post.

jlvfr, thank you very much for your hard "control-work" with RARR and it´s great that your Britts have passed the test of time. :) We have all profited a lot from your error reports. BtW.: Which civ had won the game and what kind of victory did that civ achieve?

I managed to score a culture win! :goodjob: The rest of the civs started fighting each other and managed to leave me alone, so I never needed the resources I lacked.

Getting a problem now. Am at 1750 (wih egypt). For some reason the game crashes every time I try to change turns...

Edit: I know it's not related to anything I'm building, because no city is in the last turn of construction. I'm also 4 turns aways from scientic discovery, so...

I managed to score a culture win! :goodjob:

Congratulations! :)

Getting a problem now. Am at 1750 (wih egypt). For some reason the game crashes every time I try to change turns...

Edit: I know it's not related to anything I'm building, because no city is in the last turn of construction. I'm also 4 turns aways from scientic discovery, so...

jlvfr, can you please post a save-file? May be it´s something like the "houseboat"-bug that we have discovered in CCM.

I have issues where everything seems to be moved one down, or some extra enter was placed or removed. My game looks like this now, any idea why?

Attachments

• error 1.png
    error 1.png
    429.3 KB · Views: 289
  • error 2.jpg
    error 2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 258
I have issues where everything seems to be moved one down, or some extra enter was placed or removed. My game looks like this now, any idea why?

TechieTubbies, welcome at CFC: :band:[party]

The mess in your text results from a wrong labels text file. There are two possibilities that can cause such an error:

a) If you use the Steam CivComplete version:

RARR holds a patch inside its text-folder to fix the spoiled update of the Steam/Firaxis CivComplete version. At the end of post 1 of this thread, there is a note how to use that patch.

b) If you use a good version :)D) of C3C:

It can be that you used the wrong or no patch to update that version to 1.22.

Test game for the Russian.

1. Interrupted line upgrades for the Russian infantry units - Russian Fusilier not converted into Russian Trencher, for the construction of both units simultaneously available.

Version of biq - 1.0, however, the properties of the unit in version 1.1 did not change. At first glance, the problems for this unit in the biq can not see.

2. The impression (possibly erroneously) that the AI does not use your favorite form of government for the various nations. At least in the late game AI I have seen only a republic, and (in the long war) fundamentalism.

3. In the original RAR many technologies were not required to go into the next era. The RARR I do not see it. This accidental omission or a conscious decision?

Test game for the Russian.

1. Interrupted line upgrades for the Russian infantry units - Russian Fusilier not converted into Russian Trencher, for the construction of both units simultaneously available.

2. The impression (possibly erroneously) that the AI does not use your favorite form of government for the various nations. At least in the late game AI I have seen only a republic, and (in the long war) fundamentalism.

3. In the original RAR many technologies were not required to go into the next era. The RARR I do not see it. This accidental omission or a conscious decision?

to 1.: Both units upgrade to Russian Infantry. The fusilier needs no resources. If I remember well, this was the original setting of RAR. To change the upgrade chain wouldn´t be a big poblem.

to 2. Here no changes were done for RARR.

to 3. In RARR these not required techs are there, too: Please look at the screenshots in the second post of this thread.

About the infantry unit for China in your screenshot: At present I cannot explain, why you have the generic WW II infantry for China. RARR is set with the Chinese Infantry for China and in a first view I couldn´t detect any error. Here I must have a deeper view in the mod.

Concerning the unit graphics: I also can't find the error- biq seems fine, Pediaicons and Civilopedia seem to be fine and there seems to be no error in the unitfolder / unit .ini file. And finally the flcs work without error in flicster. :confused:

I found the error: The pediaicons entry for the Chinese Infantry pointed to the Eastern Infantry. Here the old text, that was copied for the new entry, wasn´t deleted.
The error is fixed in the new mainfile.

Samez, thank you very much for pointing to that error. :)

The old RARR-biq 1.1 is removed after 112 downloads. The new biq is RARR1.2.
The new mainfile is uploaded (12.07.2015)

The download link to the new mainfile and the new biq is in post one of this thread.

The new mainfile holds all fixes from the former RARR-Patch, the fixes for errors reported after the release of the RARR-patch and the real Ares terrain.
RARR-biq 1.2 enhances the toggling in the Player Setup. Please note, that the options "Victory Point Scoring" and "Capture Shipments" must always be enabled for a proper working of the supply shipments.

A big thank you very much to Madviking, Node60, Samez, keli, Fortis1, Uaargh!?, jlvfr and Kestrel18 for reporting the errors!

to 1.: Both units upgrade to Russian Infantry. The fusilier needs no resources. If I remember well, this was the original setting of RAR. To change the upgrade chain wouldn´t be a big poblem.

to 2. Here no changes were done for RARR.

to 3. In RARR these not required techs are there, too: Please look at the screenshots in the second post of this thread.

1. No, my memory can not strike me so! To check the look line upgrade to RAR 1.02 (the latest official version of the mod):

Rifleman – Aztec Rifleman – French Rifleman – Prussian Fusilier – British Rifleman – African Rifleman – Trencher - Infantry

That is, Russian Fusilier (in the old version - Rifleman) must be converted into Trencher, and already out of it - in the Infantry.

2. Maybe I was just unlucky.I try to look more closely in the next game.

3. Then I was wrong.

Cosmetic bug. The name of a wonder "Encyclopedia" includes some non-English characters, probably "a umlaut", in OS without the proper localization displayed incorrectly.

Top Bottom