1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

jlvfr, we all can be very glad, that your UK civ survived and you were able to give us the following error-reports: :)

Yes, this is true. The Heavy Artillery is Wyrmshadow´s LongTom 155.
    The missing unit will be added to the patch probably tomorrow.

That´s also true. The landing craft was sorted out, as it had a very interesting fidget animation, that unfortunately didn´t fit to the situation it is used in the game. It looks somewhat strange, when the unit starts its fidget animation and tanks are rolling into the water-in the middle of the ocean. After correcting that, the unit wasn´t added again to the units folder.

The update of the patch will include this unit, too.

Here the _ connection between Hawker_Hunter in the naming of the unit must be removed. The correct entry for that unit is:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Hawker_Hunter
    Hawker Hunter

The update of the patch will also include that update of the pediaicons file.

jlvfr, thank you very much for reporting these errors. :)

2. Civinator

Lord Plebian, as this is your second post at CFC (so I´m not sure if this is a transformation from "Gandalf the Gray" to "Gandalf the White" when reading you first post :D) welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

The message you are reporting, is very strange and I never received such a message that has to come shortly after the start of the mod if something is missing.

The RARR pediaicons file holds the building Palace_Garden as building 1 and the icons are the standard palaceamer icons.

For me there could be two explanations for that situation:

1. You don´t have the correct pediaicons textfile in the text folder of the RARR scenario (what I completely exclude, if you are the former "Gandalf the Gray":D) or

2. This results from the corrupted files you reported.

Did anybody else receive messages for corrupted files when unpacking the mainfile?

Your feedbacks here are needed for the question, if I should pack a new mainfile right now. As it costs me more than 4 hours to upload a new mainfile and I´m sure that there will come some additional error-reports, I would prefer to fix the situation with an update of the patch - but if there are problems with unpacking some corrupted files from the current mainfile, the update should be done immediately.

3. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Yeah, I did that and it worked. :)

Glad to help. I'll keep up with this version a bit more, to check the UK's late game.

4. Lord Plebian

Lord Plebian Chieftain

Hmm, that is strange. I think it's the second one. I'm trying the download with a different browser to see if the same thing happens. Do I need the patch for C3C that the original RAR asked for? :blush: I'm not Gandalf the White. It's just a coincidence of screennames. I'm nowhere near as good at Civ III :)

Edit: After downloading and testing with a second browser, I received the same corruption and missing file.

5. keli

keli Prince

Did you update to patch 1.22?

6. Lord Plebian

Lord Plebian Chieftain

Just checked my Conquests readme. I do have 1.22.

7. Civinator

As nobody else reported about corrupted mainfiles, may be it´s a good idea to download the new RARR patch I have just uploaded and zip it in the correct folders of the RARR folder, as the patch also contains the newest pediaicons file, that seems to make you trouble.

8. Civinator

The new RARR-Patch (05.072015) is uploaded in the first post of the Download-site.

After installing the RARR mainfile, please unzip that patch into the RARR-folder. If you have used the previous RARR-Patch, the old files are simply overwritten with the old correct entries and the new fixed entries are added.
    The patch contains after the update (05.07.2015):

Text\PediaIcons : Fix for NgawangGyatso_SMALL icon
    Text\PediaIcons : Fix for the unit Hawker_Hunter
    Text\civilopedia : Entries for many musketmen rewritten
    Art\Units\French MG Btln : Fix for the INI-File
    Art\Units\Roman Chariot : Fix for the INI-File
    Art\Units\ : Missing Koori Spearman added
    Art\Units\ : Missing Landing Craft added
    Art\Units\ : Missing Heavy Artillery added
    Art\Units\ : Auxilia: Auxilia.INI: Two entries fixed

A big thank you very much to Madviking, Node60, Samez, keli, Fortis1, Uaargh!? and jlvfr for reporting the errors! :)

9. Lord Plebian

Lord Plebian Chieftain

It works now! Thank you. So, I think I found a bug. I started a game as Greece. Noticing that the mod requires three food to sustain a citizen, I starved my beginning city on turn one. Apparently, I now rule the world. :king: :crazyeye:

Attached Files:

10. Civinator

Lord Plebian, that´s great that it is working now for you. :) What you show in the screeenshot is a bug -but not a special bug of RARR. It´s a common bug of Civ 3.

11. Lord Plebian

Lord Plebian Chieftain

Oops! I thought it might be, but I just don't remember ever seeing it before. Sorry!

12. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

Very cool, but that's not my terrain in the screenshot ;)

Congratulations for to getting this one out of the door!

13. jlvfr

jlvfr King

Still playing with previous version, found another 2 bugs:
    -unit "Cougar4x4" requests an ini called Cougar4x4.ini, but the folder has Cougar.ini

-unit "2S3 Akacija", game asks for "2S3_Akacija", but folder+file are "2S3 Akacija"; similar problem with the Hawker Hunter. Renamed them to keep going.

14. Civinator

Ares, first thank you very much for your kind words. :)

- and oops: Not only the screenshot doesn´t show your excellent terrain, even the folder in the mainfile holds the wrong terrain.

I think now it´s time to do the new mainfile, that contains the fixes for all errors that were reported and holds the true "Ares"-terrain (combined with a new screenshot).

I hope, I can do this next weekend - so please report all errors you have found in the next days.

15. Civinator

One more time thank you very much jlvfr for reporting these errors. :) They will be fixed in the new mainfile.

16. Lord Plebian

Lord Plebian Chieftain

Not so much a bug report, but I was wondering if you could allow us to turn off respawning AI. I tried to change it in the editor, but unfortunately I have version 1.03, so it won't save.

17. jlvfr

jlvfr King

And one more (gonna start charging overtime! ;) ):

The unit "Tornado (UK)" expects to find an INI called "Tornado (UK)", but it's really called "Tornado". Change the INI name and all seems well. Both other Tornado units (Italy/Germany) are ok.

However I would advise removing the brackets from these names; make it "Tornado UK" or "Tornado-UK", for exemple. Windows doesn't like these () very much, when it comes to file names... it's been know to cause problems...

18. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

I am currently playing as China and encountered no new bug.
    The Chinese Infantry probably got the wrong graphics (see attached file)
    And it's a bit strange to build the generic Armour unit as China instead of T-34s
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

19. Civinator

As posted, I can do the settings in the editor, so toggling between the options is possible. But while playing with these options, the player should not forget, that the victory point option must always been enabled for working supplyshipments.

This would need a new version of the RARR-biq.

20. Civinator

jlvfr, thank you very much for reporting another error. This will also be fixed with the updated mainfile.

About the brackets: Until now I had no problems with them in all mods and scenarios I was involved in. There were sometimes some problems with special signs like German "umlauts" (ä,Ö,Ü) that I try to avoid whereever possible.