Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

a) Ah, I looked at the UNIT information in the Civilopedia for supply shipments, now I see that the information in the GAME CONCEPTS

Yes, I see. :) I will have a look, if there is enough place in the unit-civilopedia, to add this hint there, too. :)

b) How do I post a save game? Can I email it to you? To which emailaddress?

You can simply attache your save-file (up to 2 MB) to a post you do in this thread. For that action, please go to the additional options when writing a post at CFC and use in the box "Attach Files" the button "Manage Attachments".

Thanks Civinator,

Enclosed 3 save games, for the first 3 historical periods, supply shipments are in Rome (and surrounding cities). The industrial period save game has the city of Viroconium, the mountain just right of the city gives one more gold than the one left of that city. Both have a river.

Attachments

• RARR Romans Ancient, 330 AD.SAV
    294.7 KB · Views: 78
  • RARR Romans Medieval, 1080 AD.SAV
    426.1 KB · Views: 59
  • RARR Romans Industrial (Viroconium), 2008 AD.SAV
    840.6 KB · Views: 63
And here the save game of the last period (Modern Times). Also here are the supply shipments in Rome and they look the same as in the ancient period. Here you can also find the city of Palmyra with a coast terrain (again on the right side) which gives one more gold than the other coast terrain

Attachments

• RARR Romans Modern (Palmyra), 2110 AD.SAV
    787.2 KB · Views: 112
XTC, thank you very much for your save-files. :)

About the mountains just right of the city of Viroconium, I think that they receive one additional trade for holding a river. On the upper mountain, you still can see a small part of the river and the next mountain hides the river by the perspective used in Civ 3.

For the additonal trade in one of the coastal files next to Palmyra at present I don´t have an explanation. That´s why I attache a screenshot about the situation. May be one of the civers here can explain the additional trade in that tile. The coastal tile doesn´t hold an invisible resource. Palmyra celebrates the WLTK-Day. The save-file is one post above.

Concerning the supplyshipments: Era-specific unit_32 files for the supplyshipments seem to be possible. I will see what I can do, but this still needs some time. :)

For the additonal trade in one of the coastal files next to Palmyra at present I don´t have an explanation. That´s why I attache a screenshot about the situation. May be one of the civers here can explain the additional trade in that tile. The coastal tile doesn´t hold an invisible resource. Palmyra celebrates the WLTK-Day. The save-file is one post above.

Civinator,
This is one of those rare instances where the random map generator puts a river where it shouldn't! The coastal tile in question is actually adjacent to the river and is receiving the additional trade that a river usually gives.

Civinator,
This is one of those rare instances where the random map generator puts a river where it shouldn't! The coastal tile in question is actually adjacent to the river and is receiving the additional trade that a river usually gives.

Takeo, this was one thought that justanick (at civforum.de) and I had, too. On the other side there are more coastal tiles of that city adjacent to the river, that don´t gain that additional bonus in trade, so it´s the question if this is the explanation. I think, I should post this in the interesting screenshot thread of civ 3, too.

XTC, thank you very much for your save-files. :)

About the mountains just right of the city of Viroconium, I think that they receive one additional trade for holding a river. On the upper mountain, you still can see a small part of the river and the next mountain hides the river by the perspective used in Civ 3.

Concerning the supplyshipments: Era-specific unit_32 files for the supplyshipments seem to be possible. I will see what I can do, but this still needs some time. :)

Thanks for looking at it, Civinator, and take your time for the era-specific unit. No hurry is needed.

About that mountain right from Viroconium, the additional trade is indeed from the river that the tile contains, but the mountain left of the city also contains a river (the one that runs to Antium), so that one should also have an extra trade.

An other peculiarity I ran into: I conquered the city of Quito, I had however only a horse unit to guard it, and in a few turn 3 Inti Warriors of the Inca turned up and attacked my horse unit in that city. That uneven battle was lost and the Inca's conquered Quito. But my Fiat tank was on it's way and took Quito so it was mine again. Often the first thing I do is building the Counselor, Roman. It's cheap, has no maintenance and it helps against corruption. I couldn't do it, however, because it was already there! That is strange: a Councelor is only for commercial tribes (the Inca are not commercial) and it is specifically for the Romans. If buildings are destroyed when a city is conquered those must be the ones which won't survive.

An other peculiarity I ran into: I conquered the city of Quito, I had however only a horse unit to guard it, and in a few turn 3 Inti Warriors of the Inca turned up and attacked my horse unit in that city. That uneven battle was lost and the Inca's conquered Quito. But my Fiat tank was on it's way and took Quito so it was mine again. Often the first thing I do is building the Counselor, Roman. It's cheap, has no maintenance and it helps against corruption. I couldn't do it, however, because it was already there! That is strange: a Councelor is only for commercial tribes (the Inca are not commercial) and it is specifically for the Romans. If buildings are destroyed when a city is conquered those must be the ones which won't survive.

If a building doesn't give culture then there's a chance it will survive.

Culture is the thing which stops a building from surviving.

I am unsure if this is an issue. I had a city with 8 shields, the assembly plant, genetic tailoring and civil liberties. I expected 14 shields, there were only 10.

Are not the assembly plan, genetic tailoring and civil liberties supposed to stack?

The assembly plant won't provide any shields (nor pollution) if there is no factory in the city.

I'm not sure about whether genetic tailoring or civil liberties need a building in the city prior, but pretty sure one of them must.

The game crashes when you are in the 'zoom to city' and right click on 'Aqueduct' (see enclosed picture)

Added: it also crashes in the Civilopedia looking at the 'Aqueduct'. This happened in the 'Modern Age'

Attachments

• Aqueduct.jpg
    Aqueduct.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 79
I have conquered a coastal city which has a population of 106,000 (4). Certain improvements were already in that city like an aqueduct. With that population there was no need for that city improvement so I could save me the maintenance costs of it (2 gold/turn). So I wanted to sell it, BUT I couldn't. There seems to be no selling option for an aqueduct. I checked my other cities and I found a city with a major port AND an aqueduct. The major port is cheaper in maintenance and gives also a little culture. So also there was no need for that improvement. But I couldn't sell it there either. It seems once an aqueduct forever an aqueduct.

Also: is it possible when you have a major port that the aqueduct doesn't turn up in the building possibilities? (The same happens when your city is next to a river)

Unfortunately not - improvements which allow City Size 2 (Aqueducts, Major Ports) or City Size 3 (Sewers, IIRC) can't be sold and aren't destroyed upon capture, even if they emit culture.

Thanks for your answer #Virote_Considon, I shall cancel my building orders in some coastal cities. It would lead to more maintenance instead of less.

The game crashes when you are in the 'zoom to city' and right click on 'Aqueduct' (see enclosed picture)

Added: it also crashes in the Civilopedia looking at the 'Aqueduct'. This happened in the 'Modern Age'

XTC, this error was reported some time ago (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14063785&postcount=269) and was fixed with the last patch, uploaded 03.01.2016. You can find the download link here.
You can also delete the wrong "F" in the suffix "pcxF" of that graphics entry in the pediaicons-file to the correct suffix .pcx manually by wordpad.

Better to report an error twice than never. :)

The Major port cannot be destroyed on capture, but it loses its culture after capture.

The assembly plant won't provide any shields (nor pollution) if there is no factory in the city.

I'm not sure about whether genetic tailoring or civil liberties need a building in the city prior, but pretty sure one of them must.

I am coming to believe that something is wrong with either genetic tailoring or civil liberties. Maybe they don't stack. In any case, together, they don't both give their 25% bonus to shield production.

Top Bottom