Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

With biq version 1.2 there was a terrible disaster - it refuses to open the Steph's editor. With versions 1.0 and 1.1, there were no problems.

Civinator than you use as a tool for editing biq? Built-in editor in these arrays units, technologies and buildings, in my opinion, is very inconvenient.

The old RARR-biq 1.1 is removed after 112 downloads. The new biq is RARR1.2.
The new mainfile is uploaded (12.07.2015)

Did you make any alterations, regarding maintenance costs, governement financial costs or any other money-related ones? I've started a new game with egypt; I have 19 cities, 16 of which with bazaars. Have only 1 spearman in most, and am on Monarchy. But I'm bleeding money; even with research at 40%, I'm still loosing money... :cry:

Having issues with a file called koori spearman.ini, and the game just quit out. tried updating to 1.2 with the new biq but it seems to be a file error, not a biq error.

Attachments

• koori.jpg
    koori.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 214
jlvfr

Subjectively, I do not see changes in the economic part of the RARR in comparison with the original RAR.

TechieTubbies

Replacing the biq will not help here, no actual files unit. It is best if there are no problems with the traffic, download and unzip a updated main archive modification of the post №1 (about 1 Gb).

Hi man!
I see a new bug, here is images of him.

and

Man, before these errors occur that posted in the game that there was a "espionage" folder error.

1. No, my memory can not strike me so! To check the look line upgrade to RAR 1.02 (the latest official version of the mod):

Rifleman – Aztec Rifleman – French Rifleman – Prussian Fusilier – British Rifleman – African Rifleman – Trencher - Infantry

That is, Russian Fusilier (in the old version - Rifleman) must be converted into Trencher, and already out of it - in the Infantry.

I don´t have here the current Beta 1.04 biq, but I had a look into the 1.02 extended biq and here the upgrade path is as you described it. :) So the upgrade path in the next version of the biq will be set from Riflemen to trenchers.
Thank you for reporting this problem. :)

Cosmetic bug. The name of a wonder "Encyclopedia" includes some non-English characters, probably "a umlaut", in OS without the proper localization displayed incorrectly.

It´s a French "accent aigu" in the RAR original pediaIcons file. As the pediaicons file holds it for so many years and no one did protest here until now, I saw no reason to change the é to an e.

With biq version 1.2 there was a terrible disaster - it refuses to open the Steph's editor. With versions 1.0 and 1.1, there were no problems.

Before posting here more, I will do a download of the current RARR biq and have a look into it. Here I need some patience. Edit: But here so much: The biq 1.1 should run with the new mainfile, too.

Civinator than you use as a tool for editing biq? Built-in editor in these arrays units, technologies and buildings, in my opinion, is very inconvenient.

RARR is done with the normal editor 1.00 that cam with C3C vanilla. This editor don´t takes away SGLs. All more advanced editors have big strength but they are not completely ready for such a big project like RARR.
For CCM version 2.00 I try to rework the settings of editor 1.00 with the Quintulus editor in some cases.

jlvfr

Subjectively, I do not see changes in the economic part of the RARR in comparison with the original RAR.

TechieTubbies

Replacing the biq will not help here, no actual files unit. It is best if there are no problems with the traffic, download and unzip a updated main archive modification of the post №1 (about 1 Gb).

Thank you very much for answering these questions. :)

TechieTubbies, the KOORI spearman was missing in the first mainfile. It was added by the patch. Now the patch is gone and the unit (and all other fixes of the patch) are in the new mainfile.

Hi man!
I see a new bug, here is images of him.

and

Man, before these errors occur that posted in the game that there was a "espionage" folder error.

andrefri, welcome at CFC! :band:[party]

Unfortunately I can´t help you with your Steam-problem , as I don´t have (and don´t want) - the buggy Steam version of CivComplete.

I know about the buggy update of the Steam version of CivComplete, that messes up automatically all work the modders of Civ 3 ever have done, and RARR holds a patch for the labels-file that was sabotaged by Steam/Firaxis by doing an update without thinking. When looking on your screenshots, I don´t think that the problems you posted can be solved by that patch inside the RARR-textfolder.

I hope another civer who reads this and has the Steam version can help you.

Before posting here more, I will do a download of the current RARR biq and have a look into it. Here I need some patience. Edit: But here so much: The biq 1.1 should run with the new mainfile, too.

The only changes I made in the RARR-biq 1.2 was in the Scenario Properties Registry to remove the Rule-Options "Respawn AI-players" and "Culturally linked Starts" and than set the hook into the Default Game Box, so the "boxes for toggling" appear in the Player Setup screen. With the downloaded 1.2 biq, this also seems to function well.

The "toggle-boxes" are in the menue with both normal default options (Respawn and Linked start) disabled. I temporary attache a screenshot (that soon must be removed as I have reached my upload-limit at CFC):

Edited: Screenshot removed (reasons see above)

The more sophisticated C3C editors are great, but they also have still their "children´s deseases". As the only change in biq 1.2 was the change I described above, biq 1.1 should still work with the new mainfile, too. :)

In the German CivForum checki der 2 reported the following errors:

- Spanish and Asian Line Infantry: Additional HP is missing
- Spoiled civilopedia entry of the Hanging Gardens
- Terrible wrong setting of the Native Scout (8A.8D,8MV)

checki der 2, thank you very much for reporting these errors. :)

Especially the wrong setting of the Native Scout cries for the next version of the biq very soon.

Two small bug finds:
1) The civilopedia entry for the galeass has a link to the great galeass, but gives me an invalid entry page when clicking on it.
2) I am unable to build the great lighthouse, despite having built a harbor in that city.

Two more I found in while playing as Tibet:
1) I am able to build the Patriot unit without access to saltpeter.
2) The Great Library did eventually show up as a possible build, but this was only in other cities (namely my capital, I'm not sure if it showed up in other cities with a harbor).

Two more I found in while playing as Tibet:
1) I am able to build the Patriot unit without access to saltpeter.

Yes, in RAR 1.02 for building of Patriot required saltpeter.

2) The Great Library did eventually show up as a possible build, but this was only in other cities (namely my capital, I'm not sure if it showed up in other cities with a harbor).

Harbor or library?

In RARR capacity of Transport is 24 unit, in the original RAR - 8 (illustrate screenshot Editor biq of version 1.02 and documentation for version 1.03).

The same numbers apply to Assault Transport.

Found one:
On the "RARR\Art\Wonder Splash" there's nothing for the "Tea Growers" building. I improvised one and could go on.

Thank you all very much for your new reports. :) I hope to do the next version of the biq this weekend.

I´m trying now to some of your posts in the short time I have available now (all other posts will be answered later when I have some time again.

I am able to build the Patriot unit without access to saltpeter.

In RAR 1.04 Betatest this unit -different to earlier versions of RAR- doesn´t need saltpeter any longer.

In RARR capacity of Transport is 24 unit, in the original RAR - 8 (illustrate screenshot Editor biq of version 1.02 and documentation for version 1.03).
The same numbers apply to Assault Transport.

In RAR betatest1.04 the transport capacity for transports, Assault transports and other transporting ships was risen drastically to the new values. I think Doc T. thought that this will favour AI amphibious assaults.

In RAR 1.04 Betatest this unit -different to earlier versions of RAR- doesn´t need saltpeter any longer.

Ah. Then the actual error is that it still lists the unit as needing saltpeter in the civilopedia.

Not a bug. I propose to allow upgrade Templar (for example, in the cavalry). To modify where all units are improved, its inconvertibility not logical. You can also make free Templar support (Order itself contains his knights).

This mod is great! However, I ran into a crash with the nuclear bombs, as their file seems to be missing or bugged, it was related to wwII in the pacific.

Top Bottom